Google Translate

03.03.2013 | 14:11
    CeBIT 2013: Federal Government selects "SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10" for secure mobile communications (FIG)

Dusseldorf (ots) - Secusmart presented at CeBIT 2013, the mobile high security solution "SecuSUITE for BlackBerry � 10". The solution was the Procurement Office of the German Federal Ministry of the Interior and the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for the encrypted communication of the German Federal Government selected.
    "SecuSUITE for BlackBerry � 10" consists of Secusmart Security Card that. BlackBerry � 10 platform and components of Secunet and Sirrix
    The unique capabilities of Secusmart Security card and the BlackBerry � Balance [TM] technologies enable users for the first time to meet the extremely high security requirements of the German federal authorities for secure data transmission and exchange secure voice - without compromising the user experience.
    The Secusmart Security Card to ensure compliance with safety requirements (VS-RESTRICTED) of the German Federal Government. Because the solution provides secure encryption of information stored, the language of the text messages, the VPN and secure browsing. It will allow safe access to the Internet. BlackBerry Balance separates personal content sensitive information reliably. Customers can easily and safely switch between their business and personal lives.
    "The combined solution government customers provides for the first time an excellent smartphone user experience without sensitive government information at risk." SecuSUITE for BlackBerry � 10 "is based on the secure voice product SecuVOICE that already by the German BSI, the Dutch NBV, the EU Council for Information Security and NATO RESTRICTED VS communication has been released, "said Secusmart CEO Dr. Hans-Christoph Quelle. "We are pleased that we user-friendly by linking SecuSUITE and BlackBerry 10 correspond to the extremely high security requirements of the German federal authorities."
    "Safety has always been the cornerstone of the BlackBerry solution was. Nothing is safer than a BlackBerry smartphone that operates on a BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10," said Scott Totzke, Senior Vice President, BlackBerry Security Group. "With BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Balance, we deliver a groundbreaking platform that combines the advanced security with a new, powerful mobile computing experience.'s Security solution" SecuSUITE for BlackBerry � 10 "provides government organizations that work with highly sensitive data, an unprecedented combination of voice - and data security, usability and cost. "
    Secusmart presents "SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10" solution at CeBIT 2013 on Stand B66 in Hall 12 from 5 to 9 March.
    Secusmart ( www.secusmart.com ) is a leading expert in the field of highly secure voice and data communication via smart phones and landlines. Secusmart developed special customer-specific mechanisms of protection against eavesdropping for large and medium enterprises as well as public authorities and organizations with security tasks (BOS).
    03-03-13 03:06 PM
    So does this mean they are going to be purchasing a lot of BB10 devices?
    03-03-13 03:47 PM
    There was a rumor about 15k order, also heard 5k, I guess rumors will be rumors until we see the ER. If this is true and confirmed why can not BB share this via press release. All companies do that..especiall when news such as home depot repeted many time even after it was not news any more
    03-03-13 03:51 PM
    There was a rumor about 15k order, also heard 5k, I guess rumors will be rumors until we see the ER. If this is true and confirmed why can not BB share this via press release. All companies do that..especiall when news such as home depot repeted many time even after it was not news any more
    I would expect it when the deal is closed, and the devices are ordered.
    Good job BlackBerry, can't wait until the Canadian and American government jump on this bandwagon!
    03-03-13 03:59 PM
    The CEO of BB being German probably didnt hurt this procurement deal
    fedakd and anon(3896606) like this.
    03-03-13 04:03 PM
    It has a bigger bump in credibility than actual sales.
    It also shows that people know that BlackBerry is not going anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and Dapper37 like this.
    03-03-13 04:47 PM
    Now we know why hern Heinz was back in the Heimat
    Good score though

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 04:50 PM
    Exactly. ..don't think allot of IT committees aren't watching and take notice of something like this...love it.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    03-03-13 04:51 PM
    Now we know why hern Heinz was back in the Heimat
    Good score though

Posted via CB10
    Close.... Herr Heinz
    03-03-13 04:55 PM
    Close.... Herr Heinz
    Ahem. "Herr Heins".

He's not a condiment baron.
    03-03-13 05:27 PM
    As I've said before We wont be seeing BlackBerry take out a press release on this> how stupid would that be? outing the government customer! + They don't have to. Unlike the apples and nokias of the world, BlackBerry is secure in their security!
    03-03-13 06:14 PM
    The CEO of BB being German probably didnt hurt this procurement deal
    I was tempted to dismiss this as not exceptionally relevant until I remembered Heins' background with Siemens, which I suspect would be fairly helpful here.
    03-03-13 07:04 PM
    The interesting play here is the greater confidence that this will lend to the entire Euro region! From other Euro governments acting alike! To the trickle down effect to Corporate Europe and down to the consumer! These things matter! This looks very good coming so soon out of the gate!
    Bugmapper and zyben like this.
    03-03-13 08:42 PM
    Yes but it appears Sammy got half the order now...5 thousand units for each...Sammy and BlackBerry, that's a pretty large pilot project.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ung-s3-777999/
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 03-03-13 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Add link
    03-03-13 10:42 PM
    Yes but it appears Sammy got half the order now...5 thousand units for each...Sammy and BlackBerry, that's a pretty large pilot project.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ung-s3-777999/
    Posted via CB10
    I see your point!! But let me guess whos going to win the device management! Plus this is a good start considering Germany deployed 0 BBies in the past. Germany has strong economic ties with South Korea! I'm "guessing" that plays a roll here.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-03-13 11:18 PM
    I see your point!! But let me guess whos going to win the device management! Plus this is a good start considering Germany deployed 0 BBies in the past. Germany has strong economic ties with South Korea! I'm "guessing" that plays a roll here.
    Your reading my mind...would explain the split but regardless, as you stated it a fantastic start for an OS less than a month old.
    03-03-13 11:23 PM
    There's never been a doubt about the security of BB but some gov's, I guess, have been weary about all the data running through the Canadian (foreign) servers. Now that that is no longer the case, there are certain gov's that will now be willing to use the platform.
    03-04-13 12:54 AM
    Your reading my mind...would explain the split but regardless, as you stated it a fantastic start for an OS less than a month old.
    I wouldn't worry about the split. The fact that they are even giving BB a try is awesome, and once it is deployed, it will be the winner. If Samsung were using a proprietary OS, I'd be worried... a little, but it's not. The underlying OS on BB is QNX...... the underlying OS on Samsung is Android. What would you feel more comfortable using?
    03-04-13 12:59 AM
    Hi there from Germany.
    If anybody is interested in the security features of then gov. Z10 feel fre to visit the german comp. SecuSmart

I enjoy my Z10 little bit more everyday i use it. Hopefully that BlackBerry will take his chances to come back where they come from...
    zyben likes this.
    03-05-13 01:27 PM
    BlackBerry 10 with Enhanced Security Wins Hefty Order from Germany
    The German government plans to buy as many as 40,000 BlackBerry 10 devices that will be enhanced with security applications from SecuSmart to meet NATO standards.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-05-13 10:48 PM
    I am more interested to see if the German government will be using BES 10 to manage both BB10 and Samsung phones (Along side the SecuSmart encryption software). If yes, then it's an even a bigger win than anticipated.
    03-05-13 10:57 PM
    40000!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    03-05-13 11:02 PM
    40,000 BB10's being bought!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-06-13 at 02:14 AM.
    03-06-13 12:29 AM
    Geez, it is a trial right now, don't get so excited.
    Basically they have ordered 5,000 and could order 40,000 in the future. It definitely depends on how the trial goes.
    The interesting part is that $3k price point, that is about double what most were expecting.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 01:56 AM
    Geez, it is a trial right now, don't get so excited.
    Basically they have ordered 5,000 and could order 40,000 in the future. It definitely depends on how the trial goes.
    The interesting part is that $3k price point, that is about double what most were expecting.

Posted via CB10
    5K or 40K is way better than 0.

And this s only from the German Government. My guess is that it'll lead the way for other quasi government German agencies to procure even more.
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-06-13 04:39 AM
27 12