11-30-13 01:50 AM
43 12
tools
    Perhaps you want to change the title..they won't drop the iphone because it is unreliable but because BSI is not compatible.If you speak about reliability Blackberry are absolutely the worst...
    Had my Z10 pre order from day one. Never let me down. Cannot say that about other products that I have had. Z10, extremely reliable in deed. No security worries, no pedaphiles tracking the kids with cookies, pardon the pun.
    southlander likes this.
    11-24-13 02:03 PM
    If this is true, then BlackBerry has a great opportunity to start climbing back to the top.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-24-13 02:04 PM
    I want one of those SD cards.
    But you can only talk to a German then

via BlackBerry Z10
    11-24-13 02:07 PM
    The title's just fine. The iPhone cannot be relied upon for fulfilling this security need. BSI is a government entity, btw. Bundesamt fr Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik.
    That's really stretching interpretation. The title doesn't reflect the situation. More accurate to say iPhone is incapable of satisfying specific security needs.
    11-24-13 02:17 PM
    Had my Z10 pre order from day one. Never let me down. Cannot say that about other products that I have had. Z10, extremely reliable in deed. No security worries, no pedaphiles tracking the kids with cookies, pardon the pun.
    Have to agree with you, I have had a 7850, Storm, Torch 9860, PlayBook WiFi (from launch) PlayBook LTE (from launch) Z10 for myself (launch) and a Q10 for work (launch)...every single BlackBerry device that I have had, has been solid...only issue I have had was that I had to replace the battery in my Storm. I always found it hilarious that each device from the Storm onwards (the 7850 had no real competition back then), would do everything that everyone would say that it couldn't...

Posted by my awesome Z10 running 10.2
    Otech#CB likes this.
    11-24-13 02:23 PM
    Where are Troy, sinsin,m1 and h2...

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 08:55 PM
    Have to agree with you, I have had a 7850, Storm, Torch 9860, PlayBook WiFi (from launch) PlayBook LTE (from launch) Z10 for myself (launch) and a Q10 for work (launch)...every single BlackBerry device that I have had, has been solid...only issue I have had was that I had to replace the battery in my Storm. I always found it hilarious that each device from the Storm onwards (the 7850 had no real competition back then), would do everything that everyone would say that it couldn't...

Sorry.... but the failure of the STORM is well documented. There is a difference in BlackBerry devices doing everything that meets your needs, and being able to compete with what other devices are capable of doing. Glad BlackBerry devices have meet your expectations, I've just wanted them to stay current and not fall behind like the did. I'd like to see BB10 grow and reach it's potential!

Maybe if enough governments, enterprise and "prosumers" continue to buy BB10 devices and BlackBerry can scale down to their new market.... it will.
    11-24-13 09:17 PM
    Perhaps you want to change the title..they won't drop the iphone because it is unreliable but because BSI is not compatible.If you speak about reliability Blackberry are absolutely the worst...
    This appears to be a bit of a stretch. Can you explain how it wasn't reliable? I understand if folks bash it for not being cutting edge or lacking certain features, but reliability, especially relating to the core functionality of communication or messaging, is not valid. I would like to understand what angle you are coming from. In my opinion, it has proven to be quite reliable at those critical functions. Is it 100%? Of course not. But there is no vendor that is and they could never be.

Please elaborate for us please. That is quite a statement you are making with nothing to support it.
    11-24-13 09:36 PM
    try again, the only issues that I can remember having with BlackBerry is having dust under the screen and a couple of warranty batteries....BUT, I have yet again another iPhone apart to fix yet again a worn out button (after 6 months)
    German Government to drop Iphone as too unreliable and go with Blackberry!-img_00000277.jpg

BryanVilla likes this.
    11-24-13 09:54 PM
    This is great...!!
    I have seen pictures with Chancellor Angela Merkel using a Z10. I had also read that the Germans were installing a (devise) on the phones for added security; so now we know it is an encryption engine, I was wondering just what the device was?

I knew the Germans would come up with something; great, good work!
    This should be a great boost for BlakBerry, maby on a globe level.

John McAfee ( the founder of McAfee Associates) was on Coast to Coast AM talk radio a while back and said that he was working on an encryption engine that was amazing, said " I probably won't be able to sell it in the US but some one in another country will buy it.
    11-24-13 10:32 PM
    +1 for the Canadians

Maybe if BlackBerry is lucky they'll be able to sell off what is left of the billion dollar write off of Z10's once people realise how secure they really are
    11-24-13 11:52 PM
    try again, the only issues that I can remember having with BlackBerry is having dust under the screen and a couple of warranty batteries....BUT, I have yet again another iPhone apart to fix yet again a worn out button (after 6 months)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000277.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	224016

Tell me about it, doing phone repairs, easily said the iPhone is the most brought in. I sure don't complain though! Brings in money for me to buy new devices!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 12:06 AM
    Tell me about it, doing phone repairs, easily said the iPhone is the most brought in. I sure don't complain though! Brings in money for me to buy new devices!

Posted via CB10
    It's no surprise that they are the most brought in when they are pretty much the smart phone of choice for most people.

All phones fail, as does everything with time.

Great article, I'm glad to see something positive for once.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 12:23 AM
    It's no surprise that they are the most brought in when they are pretty much the smart phone of choice for most people.

All phones fail, as does everything with time.

Great article, I'm glad to see something positive for once.

Posted via CB10
    Actually over here where I'm at the phones I've seen the most are the Samsung Galaxy Phones, mostly S3 and S4. Even Windows Phones are growing. A lot of iPhones but don't seem like the most prevalent over here.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 12:39 AM
    Sorry.... but the failure of the STORM is well documented. There is a difference in BlackBerry devices doing everything that meets your needs, and being able to compete with what other devices are capable of doing. Glad BlackBerry devices have meet your expectations, I've just wanted them to stay current and not fall behind like the did. I'd like to see BB10 grow and reach it's potential!

Maybe if enough governments, enterprise and "prosumers" continue to buy BB10 devices and BlackBerry can scale down to their new market.... it will.
    Yes there were a few things that bugged me a little with my Storm, no WiFi...and the 'click screen' wasn't quite as polished as it could have been...both of which were fixed on the II, and did the majority of the things that most were doing on their iPhones...there were some other limitations of OS 5, but then again if I remember the competition had their limitations that no one bothered to point out...BlackBerry's have always met my expectations out if the box, what I was referring to is that they also function well beyond that. I find the problem is for the most part, people in general are lazy. They don't bother digging around the device (and this goes for things beyond phones as well)...my Torch 9860 was a prime example of this...people saw it would say "oh it's a BlackBerry so you can't do this it that"...9 times out of 10 it could...thing is people are so brainwashed into how it 'is'...they don't bother to look for themselves...I have built home theaters with PlayBooks...converted basic TVs into smart TVs by tucking PlayBooks into or onto the backs of TVs ...the HT also doubles as my PC and the PlayBook streams a Windows environment when I need it...my BlackBerry Z10 remote controls the whole lot of PlayBooks that I have...I have my own personal cloud server using BlackBerry Link...etc...etc...none of the things I mentioned are hard to do, or require any special training...just poke around the device...the capabilities are there...but unless it's handed to them...people don't look and assume that it isn't...

bennelong likes this.
    11-26-13 01:18 AM
    You read and still disagree, why would you want to push iPhone so hard into them.

Even if iPhone is compatible they will choose BlackBerry. Because iPhone is a US product and they have made it to autospy on users and collect information for govt purpose.

And don't say BlackBerry devices are worst in reliability. BlackBerry has always covered the enterprise side too well.

IPhone aren't the best and you know it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:38 AM
    This appears to be a bit of a stretch. Can you explain how it wasn't reliable? I understand if folks bash it for not being cutting edge or lacking certain features, but reliability, especially relating to the core functionality of communication or messaging, is not valid. I would like to understand what angle you are coming from. In my opinion, it has proven to be quite reliable at those critical functions. Is it 100%? Of course not. But there is no vendor that is and they could never be.

Please elaborate for us please. That is quite a statement you are making with nothing to support it.
    Maybe he wanted to see german government using instagram and snapchat and some filters.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:45 AM
    That's really stretching interpretation. The title doesn't reflect the situation. More accurate to say iPhone is incapable of satisfying specific security needs.
    Perhaps iPhone is revolutionary, revolutionary, more filters and appealing and stuffs except reliability and security.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 01:50 AM
43 12