Short sellers are spreading FUD about BlackBerry.
    Customers feel insecure about BBRY future.
    They need to gotten rid of shorts (not as in violence but get punched financially)
    Canada needs to give a huge backstop to BBRY that does not cost anything
    Canadian funds buy every last share available.
    Put mother of all short squeeze.
    Once shorts lose everything, negativity stops because no one to pay propagandist
    BBRY goes on a huge road show, marketing/PR effort.
    Get some really big names on board and some creative people (I volunteer for free). Get rid of mediocre people on board.
    Partner as in strategic investment into BBRY at a decent valuation, say $40 a share... small investment.
    All this positive momentum gets developers excited.
    Nobody can say Blackberry is endangered.
    Bottomline: Blackberry has the best damn mobile and mobile security technology in the whole damn world. What it needs is a creative way of changing the game and perception. If they listened to me in the last 4-5 years, we wouldn't be in this position.
    Big things are coming: QNX in so many verticals, IoT everywhere, EMM everywhere and also get hardware back.

People like James Faucette should be disgraced who have $7 price target, essentially valuing BBRY assets at $1.5 billion. That shows how corrupt US wall Street is. Canadians need to retaliate.

The world needs Blackberry, all major leaders use BlackBerry. BBRY is the only serious game in town. As the whole world goes mobile, BBRY should be valued at $40-60 billion minimum or even higher. That toy company, Apple, valued at $750Billion.

Every ATT and verizon store, in fact every store selling BlackBerry should have a demo terminal explaining power of BB phones, a 10 minute video tutorial. Give incentives to salespeole in stores. Give them free BB phones as well. Give BB phones in all competitons, walks/runs for causes.

Partner with GE/Samsung to use IoT from BBRY in all their devices.
    License BB10 to Xiaomi and other Chinese/Indian cos. So many people never heard of Passport/Classic. New all touch, hybrid devices will convert iphone/android users to BB users as well.

BBRY can breeze past its all time high of $150 per share. Imagine benefits to Canadian economy
    Last edited by savingblackberry; 02-17-15 at 12:19 PM.
    02-17-15 11:59 AM
    Im not investor savvy enough to comment about the short squeeze but I will say it would definitely be nice to see a little more advertising, maybe some commercials about some of the great things this OS has to offer.
    02-17-15 12:06 PM
    I'm not condoning the action I'm about to discuss. But we all know that it will take only one "hack" of an iPhone in an enterprise environment and the leak of corporate/proprietary information to really change the view of how secure the iPhone is.

From what I understand, I don't think many are using the BES to secure the iPhone as that would potentially restrict the use of apps that are required for it to function as an acceptable and productive smartphone. As I have seen many iPhone using colleagues complain about how they are unable to do certain basic tasks within their calendar, for instance, and need to use an app. Well, a lot of them were using a third-party app to provide this functionality. It was later discovered that corporate data was being stored in an insecure cloud location. So they have asked them to remove this app. If they had used containerization and used BES to manage these iPhones, they would have created a workspace similar to how our BBs work and they wouldn't have been able to load this (at least this is how I understand it). However, my gut is telling me that they don't use BES to do this or there would be major pushback around not having access to apps.

Anyway, I believe that when this leak happens, it will change the playing field. These consumer/celebrity hacks haven't caused concern, but when it involves big corporations, it will have a larger impact. Back in the day, I recall hearing that DirecTV hacked Dish Network (or vice versa) to show the weaknesses in their security measures. I'm definitely not suggesting they go that route, but it will be interesting to see what happens when someone exploits these insecure measures that corporations are using to secure the iPhone and balancing that with employee demands for apps.
    02-17-15 12:21 PM
    Im not investor savvy enough to comment about the short squeeze but I will say it would definitely be nice to see a little more advertising, maybe some commercials about some of the great things this OS has to offer.
    Shorts destroy companies:
    Counterfeiting Stock - Explaining illegal naked shorting and stock manipulation
    Shorts need to be destroyed.
    Imagine a spinoff of one asset, then shorts are so screwed
    02-17-15 12:23 PM
    Al is fair in love and war and this is a war of mobile dominance, in fact its world dominance. BBRY has to be aggressive, not do anything illegal at all but it needs to get out of the nice Canadian mindset and compete aggressively and smartly. So many people I have talked to dont even know what Passport is.
    Look at wall street and US media (that is followed by other media).. how they have trashed BlackBerry, is that ethical or right or fair? Of cpourse I concede top honchos at BBRY made blunders but BBRY has the best tech in the world.

I'm not condoning the action I'm about to discuss. But we all know that it will take only one "hack" of an iPhone in an enterprise environment and the leak of corporate/proprietary information to really change the view of how secure the iPhone is.

From what I understand, I don't think many are using the BES to secure the iPhone as that would potentially restrict the use of apps that are required for it to function as an acceptable and productive smartphone. As I have seen many iPhone using colleagues complain about how they are unable to do certain basic tasks within their calendar, for instance, and need to use an app. Well, a lot of them were using a third-party app to provide this functionality. It was later discovered that corporate data was being stored in an insecure cloud location. So they have asked them to remove this app. If they had used containerization and used BES to manage these iPhones, they would have created a workspace similar to how our BBs work and they wouldn't have been able to load this (at least this is how I understand it). However, my gut is telling me that they don't use BES to do this or there would be major pushback around not having access to apps.

Anyway, I believe that when this leak happens, it will change the playing field. These consumer/celebrity hacks haven't caused concern, but when it involves big corporations, it will have a larger impact. Back in the day, I recall hearing that DirecTV hacked Dish Network (or vice versa) to show the weaknesses in their security measures. I'm definitely not suggesting they go that route, but it will be interesting to see what happens when someone exploits these insecure measures that corporations are using to secure the iPhone and balancing that with employee demands for apps.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    02-17-15 12:26 PM

Didn't aviva insurance get hacked in Britain? I thought I heard something about this.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 12:03 AM
    The perception won't change until 99% of big corporations worldwide get hacked. That's part of the human nature I guess because if it hasn't happened to them yet, why should they care about security.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 12:29 AM
    Short sellers are spreading FUD about BlackBerry.
    Customers feel insecure about BBRY future.
    They need to gotten rid of shorts (not as in violence but get punched financially)
    Canada needs to give a huge backstop to BBRY that does not cost anything
    Canadian funds buy every last share available.
    Put mother of all short squeeze.
    Once shorts lose everything, negativity stops because no one to pay propagandist
    BBRY goes on a huge road show, marketing/PR effort.
    Get some really big names on board and some creative people (I volunteer for free). Get rid of mediocre people on board.
    Partner as in strategic investment into BBRY at a decent valuation, say $40 a share... small investment.
    All this positive momentum gets developers excited.
    Nobody can say Blackberry is endangered.
    Bottomline: Blackberry has the best damn mobile and mobile security technology in the whole damn world. What it needs is a creative way of changing the game and perception. If they listened to me in the last 4-5 years, we wouldn't be in this position.
    Big things are coming: QNX in so many verticals, IoT everywhere, EMM everywhere and also get hardware back.

People like James Faucette should be disgraced who have $7 price target, essentially valuing BBRY assets at $1.5 billion. That shows how corrupt US wall Street is. Canadians need to retaliate.

The world needs Blackberry, all major leaders use BlackBerry. BBRY is the only serious game in town. As the whole world goes mobile, BBRY should be valued at $40-60 billion minimum or even higher. That toy company, Apple, valued at $750Billion.

Every ATT and verizon store, in fact every store selling BlackBerry should have a demo terminal explaining power of BB phones, a 10 minute video tutorial. Give incentives to salespeole in stores. Give them free BB phones as well. Give BB phones in all competitons, walks/runs for causes.

Partner with GE/Samsung to use IoT from BBRY in all their devices.
    License BB10 to Xiaomi and other Chinese/Indian cos. So many people never heard of Passport/Classic. New all touch, hybrid devices will convert iphone/android users to BB users as well.

BBRY can breeze past its all time high of $150 per share. Imagine benefits to Canadian economy
    I just went to Disney World... the home of dreams and wishes, maybe if you wish really hard the Blue Fairy will grant your wish too. Although I think making a wooden puppet a real boy was a much easier task, than making BlackBerry a company worth $150 a share.

What you really should be asking for is a company that makes a competitive product and can market its products... just like everyone else does. And sadly the truth is they fell so far behind that it is just about impossible for them to provide a competitive product at this point. Look at how much money Microsoft has thrown at their mobile division with very little in the way of results. Maybe BBRY will have an IoT product... and maybe they are too late in that market also, as it is already here. But investors would rather gamble on an unknown startup that has no history, than a failing company with a track record of bad decisions and delayed projects. Until BlackBerry proves that they have a product that will make the revenue and profits they need... you are going to have to live with the shorts.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-18-15 10:42 AM
    You have to love the FUD by the blackberry can't do anything crowd ^^^^^^. Why would anyone be on a fan site everyday for months and years spreading FUD? The answer is obvious.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 11:09 AM
    You have to love the FUD by the blackberry can't do anything crowd ^^^^^^. Why would anyone be on a fan site everyday for months and years spreading FUD? The answer is obvious.

Posted via CB10
    Some people call it a BlackBerry fan site but really you would have to call it more of a BlackBerry FUD site with the amount FUD posts you see here.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    02-19-15 11:16 AM

Technically, it was Rupert Murdoch's NDS that hacked Dishnet in Israel and released it.

The only reason that dish never decimated DTV/NDS in court is because Charlie Ergan was too cheap to put equivalent resources into security as NDS and their lawyers dropped the ball half a dozen times on kill shots that never helped in court that should have if done years earlier.

By the time EchoStar hired their first security guy, it was already years behind the damage done.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:21 PM
    FUD.... or Reality?

At least I do spend a little time trying to help other users that have issues in other areas of the forums. I'm not just focus on BBRY the stock like some are....
    02-19-15 03:40 PM
    FUD.... or Reality?

At least I do spend a little time trying to help other users that have issues in other areas of the forums. I'm not just focus on BBRY the stock like some are....
    FUD Master I haven't seen too much in the way of reality.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    02-19-15 04:10 PM

While this potential hack is a threat to Apple's presence it is also a threat to BlackBerry, it will take hundreds of Apple Hacks to cause a major shift in perception, it would only take one BES hack to completely destroy BBRY future. Primarily due to the negative perception of BlackBerry in the media, but also because security is arguably the best trait BlackBerry has to offer; yes we can say it is the best OS all we want, but consumers don't care. The threat of a major hack is a real threat to all companies in this sector

BB for Life
    02-19-15 11:27 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    While this potential hack is a threat to Apple's presence it is also a threat to BlackBerry, it will take hundreds of Apple Hacks to cause a major shift in perception, it would only take one BES hack to completely destroy BBRY future. Primarily due to the negative perception of BlackBerry in the media, but also because security is arguably the best trait BlackBerry has to offer; yes we can say it is the best OS all we want, but consumers don't care. The threat of a major hack is a real threat to all companies in this sector

BB for Life
    It's true.. Most consumers don't care about security... but corporations and governments do take it very seriously (or should at their peril), and risk a lot if exposed... just ask Sony....

Blackberry = best security end to end for businesses....and governments.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 11:32 PM
    It's true.. Most consumers don't care about security... but corporations and governments do take it very seriously (or should at their peril), and risk a lot if exposed... just ask Sony....

Blackberry = best security end to end for businesses....and governments.

Posted via CB10
    Corporations and Governments are using Windows.... how secure is it?

And really how insecure is a properly set up and managed iOS or Android device? I really don't know, but the number of attacks that are traced back to a mobile device that was properly being used don't seem to be all that common.

I agree BB10 with BES is the best setup, if security is your only concern. But it seems that productivity is a big part of business (not so much government) and PROGRAMS are a big part of having a productive platform. Some here have been hoping for a major security issue to drive people back to BlackBerry.... long before BB10 was BB10. I just don't think you can count on the failures of others to "make" people accept what apparently they feel is an inferior overall product. Even if a major security issue happens... it will get patched, and people (corporations & governments) are use to that.
    02-20-15 07:35 AM
    If Chen had smart advisers like me (excuse my humility), the shorts will be buried. At least BBRY listened to me and fired Roger Martin and Heins, I campaigned for their removal. Now only if they listen to me some more, we can have a $150 stock in 3-4 years
    I just went to Disney World... the home of dreams and wishes, maybe if you wish really hard the Blue Fairy will grant your wish too. Although I think making a wooden puppet a real boy was a much easier task, than making BlackBerry a company worth $150 a share.

What you really should be asking for is a company that makes a competitive product and can market its products... just like everyone else does. And sadly the truth is they fell so far behind that it is just about impossible for them to provide a competitive product at this point. Look at how much money Microsoft has thrown at their mobile division with very little in the way of results. Maybe BBRY will have an IoT product... and maybe they are too late in that market also, as it is already here. But investors would rather gamble on an unknown startup that has no history, than a failing company with a track record of bad decisions and delayed projects. Until BlackBerry proves that they have a product that will make the revenue and profits they need... you are going to have to live with the shorts.
    02-26-15 05:46 PM
    If Chen had smart advisers like me (excuse my humility), the shorts will be buried. At least BBRY listened to me and fired Roger Martin and Heins, I campaigned for their removal. Now only if they listen to me some more, we can have a $150 stock in 3-4 years
    You guys get this thing fixed.....
    02-27-15 08:00 AM
    The problem is BBRY will not listen to smart non-techie people. The only smart people in BBRY are the techies, I am sorry but others are really mediocre.
    You guys get this thing fixed.....
    02-27-15 09:26 AM
    The problem is BBRY will not listen to smart non-techie people. The only smart people in BBRY are the techies, I am sorry but others are really mediocre.
    I'm afraid the that even in BlackBerry there is a separation between the techie people and the decision makers. But as we have seen technicians and engineers don't really make good business men either. But you also have too look at things from their point of view... Chen can only do so much with what he has to work with. Most all of use are ignorant of what is really going on at BlackBerry, so it is very hard to understand some of the decisions and the inability to get things going. Which is why investing in BBRY is such a gamble right now.
    02-27-15 11:35 AM
    Shorts destroy companies:
    Counterfeiting Stock - Explaining illegal naked shorting and stock manipulation
    Shorts need to be destroyed.
    Imagine a spinoff of one asset, then shorts are so screwed
    Great link. Worth the read. The whole piece.
    Thanks.

:-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-05-15 05:29 AM
    Great link. Worth the read. The whole piece.
    Thanks.

:-)

•   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   •
    If you believe everything you read online....

Most of the cases the "article" references are kinda old. You can do a search for them and see what the end results were.

"Plaintiffs' claims that the Stock Borrow Program results in the manufacture of artificial shares is pure invention," Thompson stated. "Only shares that are actually on deposit in a broker's account can be borrowed. We hope that Judge Adams' decision will be taken to heart and the ill-considered litigation and media campaign against DTCC will come to an end."

The judge's decision to dismiss the case against DTCC follows a series of nine other case that have been dismissed or withdrawn against DTCC.
    03-05-15 11:41 AM
    I have to agree with the threads premise. Highly innovative, outside the box Smart Phones, Passport, Slider, Classic,, unique highly superior OS BB10, Strategic Partnerships, Samsung etc.,

BB10 needs to be Licensed Out. People need to see how amazing it is. And how it is superior to anything out to date.

Posted by Q5
    03-10-15 01:21 PM
    BB10 needs to be licensed out.
    No other manufacturers want it. They would just be wasting their time.
    03-10-15 02:35 PM
    No other manufacturers want it. They would just be wasting their time.
    I don't even think Chen wants it anymore... Lot of development cost associated with BB10 and an argument could be made that BB10 is costing them business. I bet a lot of the R&D cost that were cut from BlackBerry last year came from BB10 development.
    03-12-15 08:38 AM
27 12