Seriously. Do people buy into the new features mentioned in this ad? These "features" to me add up to .... the solution to the problem that does not exist.

06-03-13 09:51 PM
    What an awkward way to end a commercial.
    06-03-13 09:55 PM
    Some of the features are cool and nice to have, however I can live without them.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    06-03-13 09:59 PM
    Some of the features are cool and nice to have, however I can live without them.

Cool, but not really useful.
    06-03-13 10:00 PM
    They are useful.

bekkay likes this.
    06-03-13 10:05 PM
    I don't use:
    - Time shift
    - BBM
    - GMail app on Android
    - Flipboard
    - Twitter
    - Facebook app
    - FM Radio
    - NFC
    etc., etc.

THEREFORE, those features are useless and gimmicky.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    06-03-13 10:12 PM
    I don't use:
    - Time shift
    - BBM
    - GMail app on Android
    - Flipboard
    - Twitter
    - Facebook app
    - FM Radio
    - NFC
    etc., etc.

THEREFORE, those features are useless and gimmicky.
    Exactly. Things are useful for some people but not others.
    bekkay likes this.
    06-03-13 10:17 PM
    People will still buy that stuff because it's the "new thing".

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:18 PM
    You can easily disable all the "cool but useless" features if you want. They are an added bonus. And still enjoy the rest of the phone.

Also, it's a way for the company to differentiate its product from other Android phones and other smartphones in general.
    Tre Lawrence and eldricho like this.
    06-03-13 10:21 PM
    I know more people who own an s4 than z10. All former bbry people. Guess Tok much pride to go to apple

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:24 PM
    You can easily disable all the "cool but useless" features if you want. They are an added bonus. And still enjoy the rest of the phone.

Also, it's a way for the company to differentiate its product from other Android phones and other smartphones in general.
    Well said.
    06-03-13 10:24 PM
    These kind of features are great for commercials. You know, something no other device offers yet. Timeshift is a good BB example. These kind of features may sell the product to a few. But it almost always ends up being that thing that people show off at a party that is never really as revolutionary as the advertising makes you believe it is. Like someone said before it answers a question nobody asked. But those answers can turn in to big sales if advertised right. Don't get me wrong, like timeshift, I'm sure these things become useful for those that use it.
    06-03-13 10:33 PM
    People will still buy that stuff because it's the "new thing".

Posted via CB10
    The only person I know that was waiting for the S4 saw what it brought and decided to get an S3 and save $150.
    06-03-13 10:49 PM
    I went to demo at one of Samsung's kiosks. Two of the representative tried to demonstrate the new features

Look away from the screen and video pauses
    scroll by moving your head

needless to say neither of them could get it to work....they started blaming the light and people etc etc
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-04-13 12:42 AM
    ....... The Samsung Galaxy S4's system folder, the one where all the magic happens and the factory installed "stuff" resides takes over 2GB of space (2,235,535,360 bytes for those that like numbers). Compared to the Jelly Bean system files on the Galaxy S3 at 1.1GB, and the Nexus 4 at 495MB, that's quite a bit of difference. By the time you take the rest of the OS into account, and partition space reserved for things like the system cache, that leaves you with about half the advertised space left to use for your own stuff.

We're not going to knock on Samsung for using so much space for the operating system. When you want features included as part of the OS, you need to have the files somewhere. Samsung brings features to the Galaxy S4 that you won't find anywhere else, and the cost of those features is reduced storage left for the user. You also won't find these features on Google Play, so this is the trade-off you have to make. ......

From here.
    06-04-13 10:20 AM