We all know Friday is the day BlackBerry announces their results for the fourth and final quarter of their 2014 fiscal year. What if we're going to see some surprises?

During the fourth quarter, John Chen came along, not only reassuring shareholders that BBRY is here to stay, but potential customers too. Despite an increasing trend in the threads of sales persons regarding BBRY as dead, could sales have picked up as customers are assured future support, as opposed to facing an uncertain fate under possible new owners or a piece-by-piece sale? Even though it's not significant numbers, UAE sales are said to have risen, same goes for key African markets as well as the Indian discounts, small numbers add up to a big one?

There will without a doubt have been a loss, but could the downsizing, sale of property and other recent changes have slightly improved the company's financial situation? Yes, I am aware that the resources have already been allocated to different areas within the company to cover changes, losses, expenses and future expenses.

Finally, will John Chen open up on some of his plans for the future? We've seen the Z3, we've heard of the Q20 and there are countless (not really) leaked/rumoured devices that seems to be in the pipeline, will he open up a bit to soften the blow of the results? Of course, most of you are unlikely to know, but I would love your opinions on the matter.

Last quarter we got the Foxconn deal, maybe some QNX news this time around?
    kg4icg likes this.
    03-24-14 03:46 PM
    Just please please please tell me they have stopped the subscriber bleed, that bbm cross-platform is over 100 million subscribers, that bb10 sales are greater than bbos and the cash burn has been minimal. If the z3 doesn't increase phone sales I'm not sure what will. But will have to wait another quarter or 2 to know for sure whether this has happened or not.

I love my z30 more than many humans and really really want to see continued development of bb10. The new 10.3 update, although at an early stage of development looks very promising. Some sales to feed the marketing machine please?
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-24-14 04:02 PM
    Through the years I've learned not to try to predict these calls. Too many variables and no inside view.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    D_Gui, Sith_Apprentice and walt63 like this.
    03-24-14 04:02 PM
    Here on crackberry, several times we have gone from boom to bust.

Even though I truly want a quick turnaround (this quarter), but it will not happen.

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    03-24-14 04:20 PM
    The stock market is currently a tough environment. Geopolitical instability from the Crimean crisis, Chinese economic slowdown, Yellen's hints at raising interest rates, and the bubbling stock market hint at an ensuing correction. Blackberry, as a "turnaround" play, is especially vulnerable. I do not recommend holding a significant portfolio of stocks, atm.
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-24-14 04:37 PM
    Just please please please tell me they have stopped the subscriber bleed, that bbm cross-platform is over 100 million subscribers, that bb10 sales are greater than bbos and the cash burn has been minimal.
    I hope you aren't actually expecting any of these things to happen, or you're going to be in for some severe disappointment. If even one of these things was true, BB would have been issuing press releases and giving interviews to let everyone know.
    03-24-14 07:28 PM
    Expect the worst, hope for the best. Technical charting shows $9 is the bottom right now but could either break down if something isnt good enough
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-24-14 08:54 PM
    Here on crackberry, several times we have gone from boom to bust.

Even though I truly want a quick turnaround (this quarter), but it will not happen.
    I too believe a quick turnaround will take a while, but I am rather interested in what John Chen will do to salvage the situation. Earnings day has most shareholders' attention focussed solely on him, so he can give them a change in perspective by opening up on his plans, like he did last quarter. He is much more realistic than Heins and co. ever was and I sense the stock market picks that up.
    03-25-14 04:19 AM
    I hope you aren't actually expecting any of these things to happen, or you're going to be in for some severe disappointment. If even one of these things was true, BB would have been issuing press releases and giving interviews to let everyone know.

Didn't a Blackberry executive just say that the BBM users are still at 85 million (same as 6 weeks ago)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-25-14 07:01 AM
    Sales numbers will be horrible. They will try to offset the bad news with some future news of what's to come. Unfortunately Chen was handed the keys way too late. He need to take the Helm instead of TH. I guess TH was Mike's final mistake as we know he was Mike's boy. He didn't trim the company down enough, didn't focus the company enough, and misled his customers and the BlackBerry faithful all in his short tenure. He was looking at his $50 Million payout for selling, and nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    Chris H likes this.
    03-25-14 07:04 AM
    I hope to see the new Q20
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-25-14 07:14 AM
    I hope for all of them, don't expect any. Although i do think cash reserves should only see a modest drop, with real-estate sales, reduced licensing fees and lower employee compensation all contributing to this.

Nothing wrong with hoping for the best right?
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-25-14 12:48 PM
    As a shareholder, I hope he has taken a wait and see approach on further hardware handset development beyond Q20 and Z3. They have over a billion worth of written off handset inventories per two quarters ago and they should prioritize in clearing those stock out before sinking more cash and resources into handset inventory holding. The software side is what Chen needs to focus on and where his expertise would help BBRY.
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-25-14 01:53 PM
    As mentioned, stocks are exceedingly volatile lately. However, I agree that recent major changes should improve the financial situation and bleeding in Waterloo. I am hoping there is more than financial news as well.
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-25-14 02:00 PM
    As a shareholder, I hope he has taken a wait and see approach on further hardware handset development beyond Q20 and Z3. They have over a billion worth of written off handset inventories per two quarters ago and they should prioritize in clearing those stock out before sinking more cash and resources into handset inventory holding. The software side is what Chen needs to focus on and where his expertise would help BBRY.
    Not coming out with/announcing new products is a surefire way to go out of business. You can't find a Z10 in most retail locations, it is over a year old and most people have forgotten about it.

If they want to move through old inventory they need to get people excited about other BlackBerry products so that people want BlackBerry devices and are able to find older/cheaper ones in the store when they go shopping.

I'm a diehard blackberry fan on AT&T, but I'm hesitant to buy an unlocked z30 because it came out so long ago, why would the average consumer buy one?
    03-27-14 10:39 AM
    Expect the worst, hope for the best. Technical charting shows $9 is the bottom right now but could either break down if something isnt good enough
    Technical charts kind of go out the window with big announcements like this.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and D_Gui like this.
    03-27-14 08:45 PM