Right, moving on. The Passport is out, Blend has been revealed. Now we need to start speculating on what's going to happen tomorrow. I reckon it will be good news, not spectacular but maybe closer and closer to break-even?
    09-25-14 07:37 AM
    Depends on what they have been able to sell.....
    09-25-14 07:58 AM
    So long as there is no bad news, it will be great! All indications are that everything is improving. If that is the case, BBRY should jump.
    09-25-14 08:27 AM
    Depends on what they have been able to sell.....
    Oh really?

Disclaimer: if this post offended you in anyway, or you feel harassed, please message me and I will remove it.
    09-25-14 08:42 AM
    At this point, the market is going to be interested in signs of stability. If Chen delivers the following, I bet the stock goes up 10%

- An increase (even if mild like - say 5 or 10%) in the number of devices shipped and sold through to customers. It will counteract many quarter over quarter decreases

- BlackBerry 10 devices have higher shipments than BlackBerry OS devices. Again, this has been a sticking point: BBOS devices have long been declining, but BB10 devices hadn't made up the difference and outsold currently declining devices.

- Cash stays within guidance or even has a surprise growth. It's all about stability.

- Revenue meets or beats the streets low expectations. If he comes above his guidance and the bears by a bit (say 5%), it shows more stability

- The inventory mess from before is finally cleared up and they had back to recognizing revenue on all devices

- BBM passes 100 million users

The market right now has accepted that BlackBerry has been beaten down. They're interested in John Chen showing signs of turnaround. If he does, it will inch up. If he doesn't, it will inch down.
    09-25-14 03:38 PM
    Yep. It is all about showing that the bleeding is slowing down. Now if they can show cash flow losses have stopped, that would be fantastic. But I doubt they are doing that we'll. Especially with their next two higher end phones just getting launched.
    I'm hoping for a slight beat to the streets estimate and a 5% increase. That would role back a chunk of today's drop.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:01 PM
    I am in and out because too busy with other things - one of the worries for me about current direction is the lack of carrier partners for the passport launch - in the UK, it will DOA like the the Z30 (and the z30 reviewed better than the passport) - in a market like the UK where carrier control is getting stronger not weaker that is a bad sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-26-14 02:03 AM
    BlackBerry burned $36 million in cash in fiscal 2Q, excluding one-time items. That's 86% lower than the $255 million burned in 1Q. Looking at total cash and investments, it's at $3,030 million up from $2,569 YoY
    And how many products did they have launched during this quarter? Heck how many were even in production anymore?

If you don't spend money, it can be hard to make money. Yes short term BlackBerry can stop spending money and cut a bunch of cost... and will still receive revenues from BES and BIS subscription and from the sale of old inventory that in some cases has be written off on paper. But long term they have to replace all those BIS revenues as they will eventually go away. They need to increase the BES subscriptions as they have had to heavily discount (and even give away) BES basic licenses.

But it is amazing that they have built up their cash reserve.... it's just that the company is still shrinking.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-04-14 10:51 AM