Better $9 than becoming a creditor and receiving .30 cents a share after liquidation
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-23-13 02:54 PM
    has anyone else noticed that all BlackBerry limited things are gone from the play store now? No sign of them anywhere. It's like they pulled their account. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited

Now I'm really starting to wonder if BBM being pulled was part of the deal.
    09-23-13 02:59 PM
    Its just money right?.....
    09-23-13 03:03 PM
    has anyone else noticed that all BlackBerry limited things are gone from the play store now? No sign of them anywhere. It's like they pulled their account. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited

Now I'm really starting to wonder if BBM being pulled was part of the deal.
    They are still there just remove pub and search for blackberry
    09-23-13 03:09 PM
    Sucks, but its the way of things. Remember the Friday meeting might have more failures in it that makes that 9 bucks seem like a god send.
    michaelxyq likes this.
    09-23-13 03:14 PM
    Yep, not happy at all with this offer! Will be losing alot of money on this one.
    09-23-13 03:16 PM
    I bought at $6.21, so $9 is still a profit for me. I think if this deal goes through, though, that the new owners could be facing a class action suit from former shareholders, and there might just be some merit in it.

I'd love the company to succeed, but I don't particularly want to be defrauded for it to work.
    09-23-13 03:17 PM
    I bought at $11 and my mum bought at $16 she is so way gonna kill me. I should have sold way before and gonna get blamed.

I knew there was something fishy about a preliminary result.

Big question is. IS THERE ANYTJING PUBLIC SHAREHOLDERS CAN DO???!!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:25 PM
    I bought at $11 and my mum bought at $16 she is so way gonna kill me. I should have sold way before and gonna get blamed.

I knew there was something fishy about a preliminary result.

Big question is. IS THERE ANYTJING PUBLIC SHAREHOLDERS CAN DO???!!

Posted via CB10
    you can start by never sharing investing advice with your family, then you can attempt to file a class action lawsuit.
    09-23-13 03:37 PM
    My worry now is that management will intentionally tank everything (cross-platform BBM dead, Z30 launch limited, OS updates halted, further development halted, etc.) to make it impossible for BlackBerry to be worth anymore than $9/share, to leave shareholders no option but to sell.
    sparkaction and Syrous44 like this.
    09-23-13 03:42 PM
    In all reality, I'm thinking that there won't be any sort of lawsuit. Watsa is a pretty smart guy and I just can't imagine him getting involved with any sort of insider manipulation. Especially with a company that is being so closely watched by every financial institution out there.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.
    09-23-13 03:44 PM
    I bought stock prepared never to see the money again. I was shocked when it dropped to 6. Still holding.

Don't buy unless you're prepared to lose.
    Qbnkelt, I can see that compassion and comforting the hurting and disappointed are not your strong suits. I think you are a lot like my wife whose favorite phrase to those who whine about losses (I am a real good whiner) is, "Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it."

Remind me to never, ever buy stock in one company again. I usually invest in mutual funds. My only other stock purchase is Caterpillar. As I said in another post, the stock market can humble you. Today my diet has been humble pie. At $9 a share, there is not a lot of infusion of cash for BlackBerry to help them in the turnaround. But hopefully this will give BBRY enough breathing space to fix the culture of mediocrity.
    09-23-13 03:46 PM
    In all reality, I'm thinking that there won't be any sort of lawsuit. Watsa is a pretty smart guy and I just can't imagine him getting involved with any sort of insider manipulation. Especially with a company that is being so closely watched by every financial institution out there.

Posted via CB10
    Insider trading happens all the time, look at gold an silver prices massive fluxes before it was physically possible to know what the federal reserve was going to do. people knew prior, and traded on that information. it goes high up, the smartest ones just know how to not get caught.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...at-fed-robbery
    09-23-13 03:50 PM
    After they lied before the last ER, anyone thinking the management was looking out for the stockholders was not bright. Glad I got out long ago but am still sad to see this happen to Blackberry. Forget the lawsuit, just move on, lesson learned. This stuff happens all the time. $9 is way over what I thought it would end on and it is not over yet.
    09-23-13 04:17 PM
    Qbnkelt, I can see that compassion and comforting the hurting and disappointed are not your strong suits. .
    aaawwwww cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it, will ya?!?!!?
    09-23-13 04:20 PM
    Not really. Part of the risk of speculation. I'm still holding my shares.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:22 PM
    My worry now is that management will intentionally tank everything (cross-platform BBM dead, Z30 launch limited, OS updates halted, further development halted, etc.) to make it impossible for BlackBerry to be worth anymore than $9/share, to leave shareholders no option but to sell.
    What, you don't think they've been sabotaging the value of the company already?
    09-23-13 04:23 PM
    Qbnkelt, I can see that compassion and comforting the hurting and disappointed are not your strong suits. I think you are a lot like my wife whose favorite phrase to those who whine about losses (I am a real good whiner) is, "Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it."

Remind me to never, ever buy stock in one company again. I usually invest in mutual funds. My only other stock purchase is Caterpillar. As I said in another post, the stock market can humble you. Today my diet has been humble pie. At $9 a share, there is not a lot of infusion of cash for BlackBerry to help them in the turnaround. But hopefully this will give BBRY enough breathing space to fix the culture of mediocrity.
    They don't need cash. They're doing this for the sake of stability.

The catch is that they're now taking on debt. That makes them accountable to investment banks instead of shareholders. THAT might be a problem.
    m1a1mg and danprown like this.
    09-23-13 04:35 PM
    Based on what Blackberry management has done in the last 3-5 years, IMO they don't need to try to be intentional to undermine the company.
    09-23-13 04:39 PM
    i bought it when it was 14.
    09-23-13 04:46 PM
    I bought stock prepared never to see the money again. I was shocked when it dropped to 6. Still holding.

Don't buy unless you're prepared to lose.
    This is, without a doubt, the best stock-investing advice anyone will ever get. I'm being serious. Don't put all your eggs in one basket is probably the next best advice.

That said, I'm still more than a bit pissed by the turn of events the past few days, to be sure. Still, vacillating between blaming BlackBerry and being just suspicious of the timing of everything.

But I've missed an opportunity here or there to sell before. For "losing my money" I can't ascribe blame. For not striving a harder to "create value for the shareholders" -- I do hold them accountable. BlackBerry has really fumbled the ball in that regard the last few days, whether to deliberately throw in the towel or just through complete incompetence and being utterly oblivious to the effect on the stock price those actions and announcements would have... I can't help that I'm still leaning toward "deliberate." It's just too much of a coincidence that the offered price would be just barely above the lowest levels it reached Friday and today (the lowest levels in some time.)
    09-23-13 04:49 PM
    Really glad that development on BB10 will continue.
    09-23-13 05:10 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be happy that BlackBerry was sold, but as a stock holder, I'm definitely not. $9 a share is crap.

Posted via CB10
    They haven't gotten the money from the banks yet..if those banks lend the money to save a dying company they must be as stupid as those who think BB will make it
    09-23-13 05:26 PM
    Even at $9 I'm not going to lose, but it's still a ridiculous offer.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:28 PM
    I bought at $6.21, so $9 is still a profit for me. I think if this deal goes through, though, that the new owners could be facing a class action suit from former shareholders, and there might just be some merit in it.

I'd love the company to succeed, but I don't particularly want to be defrauded for it to work.
    Regardless of how much people bought their shares from (and I did at........$), it sounds as though even when Prem Watsa resigned from the Board, it still had more knowledge of BBRY specific situation than all of us together. Knowing the way they waited for this bomb to be dropped on us last Friday, and the the X-BBM fiasco, the timing of their offer is nothing short of market manipulation and as such, that is why they are facing a world of hurt from actual and current shareholders, with reasons. How can this not be insider trading. Isn't there any regulation that would prevent former members of the board to make offers, especially that they have access to way more information than we do? Before I bought in, I did not know the specifics of BBRY's financials, other than what was shared at the last earning release. How can this kind of an offer be seen as transparent, legitimate, and totally independant from whatever chain of events that happened recently? I really wonder.... As much as I want BBRY to succeed, as a shareholder, I definately feel betrayed, fooled and taken advantage of. Every current shareholder would be well advised to consider all options at this point in time.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    09-23-13 06:08 PM
259 12345 ...