See how my point has made this entire process interesting.

Some are to scared to Short , some are to scare to buy...and some wouldn't commit to 9.

As I stated before this story has just started.

I would NOT want to be the guy who needs to cover when 133million other shares are in front of me.
    10-04-13 11:56 AM
    I have based this on the Kabel deal and gave an example. Read it again.

The Poker game begins

Prem is showing a 5 of diamonds and a 4 of clubs

anyone want to call his bluff ???
    10-04-13 12:01 PM

The Poker game begins

That is fantasy land stuff. Read it all you want. I am not sure what you find in Kabel gives you encouragement? You are long, that is great, I honestly wish you luck. So far trust in Prem and TH have bought most shareholders nothing but pain. Heck he's lost about $425M at last count. I lost $2,500. No big deal. I have no position in BBRY. I wouldn't short it but hoping for a short squeeze if you are long is also is a recipe for disaster. You've been waiting for over a year now.

Kabel is a really bad example and even then shorts would have had several months to cover. The hedge fund gambled a little . What's the parallel to BBRY? You should really look skeptically at whoever tried to get you to sign the lockup based on Kabel. How many shares do you control? Average Kabel shares traded 277,000. Traded on a much different exchange with no real volume. Vodapfone is player, with cash, in the industry who didn't need financing.

The shorts don't need to call his bluff, just ride it out. There will be plenty of shares to go around priced right about $9. If they are in at less than $9 they I wouldn't risk it and would cover, but that's up to them.
    10-04-13 01:00 PM
    Kabel isn't trading above the offering price because of shorts trying to cover. I explained what's going on in a previous post.

ETA: Most of the articles about this are in German, but here's one in English from the Telegraph.
    Vodafone's offer of €87 (�73.20) per share has been accepted by 76.48pc of the company's shareholders, who will vote on aspects of the deal at the Kabel Deutschland AGM on October 10.
    Mr Singer could show his hand at the meeting by sending representatives to call for a higher price for the remaining shares and potentially threaten legal action.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    10-06-13 02:32 PM
    So now that rumors of other bids what do you guys think? Also must wait to see how the latest short interest is

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 09:02 PM
    So now that rumors of other bids what do you guys think? Also must wait to see how the latest short interest is

Posted via CB10
    We will have to see. I still don't see a short squeeze. It will obviously depend on the numbers, but I don't think you will see another offer, out of the gate, above 10. Maybe a bidding war, but again if that happens, the smart shorts will be long gone. My personal opinion/wild guess is BBRY gets taken out at 9, but in no case higher than $12.
    10-06-13 09:26 PM
    Check veritas research report.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 10:41 PM

Prem is down half a BILLION dollars on this boondoggle ***IF*** he pulls his financing together, gains control, and gets the parts sold before the cash runs out. If not, he's down more.

He's showing a losing 2011 Ohio Powerball ticket and a $1 off Neosporin coupon, and the house is about to cut off the free drinks.
    10-10-13 12:26 PM
    I think you just don't understand how it works. There will be PLENTY of time for shorts to cover if/when Prem's $9 offer is firm. If there is another offer, then yes they will have to pay the higher price, but there is NEVER going to be a short squeeze unless the new offer is substantially higher. There will be many trading days for shorts to cover and with a known price, people and institutions will sell during that period. Why would anyone wait 30 days to get no more than $9 a share when they can get $9 today will be the thinking.

The stocks you mention are big upside movers (4--500%) and are not being taken over or going private, totally different scenario. Of course there was a bit of a short squeeze. The fact that you think BBRY is like or going to be like them speaks volumes.

http://apps.cnbc.com/cgi-bin/upload....425f106609d39d
    Exactly. Glad someone finally posted something that makes sense.

Those who don't understand such basics of the stock market probably shouldn't be participating in it directly.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    10-13-13 06:10 PM
    What if some big longs do not sell until last day to help the squeeze

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:25 PM
    What if some big longs do not sell until last day to help the squeeze

Posted via CB10
    Won't happen. Once the deal is announced everybody tries to get out. If the price goes to 8.90, who will wait another month to be bought out at 9? Just not the way it works. If PW deal happens at 9 there is no short squeeze no matter how many different scenarios you want to think of.
    10-13-13 09:25 PM
    10-14-13 06:39 AM
37 12