Hello fellow BBRY shareholders I have been a shareholder in BBRY for a few years now. I was just at my bank speaking about my investment when my registered representative hit me with a curve ball I totally missed.

He had said that the bank received notice asking shareholders on record at the bank if I would support the 9$ Takeover Bid and if I would like to commit my shares.

Looking at the market today I would probably have said yes. But then he hit me with the recent KD8
    Kabel Deutschland Takeover KD8:Xetra Stock Quote - Kabel Deutschland Holding AG - Bloomberg

Now rules may be different in Germany for Takeovers but please hear me out on this one.

KD8 needed 75% to approve the 87 Euro takeover and if I understand correct they got it. It meant people who commited on the premium price at the time committed to sell at 87 euros.

Guess what ..... Stock is trading at 93 euros now.....why you may ask ???????

Simple answer SHORTS!!!!

How on earth will these short find stock when it has been committed ? They must pay a premium and they are now.

Think about the BBRY scenario ...One of the most shorted stocks on Nasdaq....imagine when stock is committed...BINGO!!!!

Prem is much much smarter then you think...he has a history of dragging shorts out of the market.

The KD8 is a perfect example of what may happen when shorts scramble.
    10-03-13 12:33 PM
    I've been reading on CB since February that the "shorts" are going to get squeezed. Still waiting.
    Kid Vibe, richardat and mikeo007 like this.
    10-03-13 12:44 PM
    Different scenario !!!! Where do you get stock that will soon come off the market ???
    10-03-13 01:02 PM
    Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 01:05 PM
    Different scenario !!!! Where do you get stock that will soon come off the market ???
    Same scenario. People that started shorting this stock at $18 have plenty of ground. Also, when all the ******* stockholders refuse to sell their shares at $9, there will be plenty for sale at $5 when BBRY burns through more cash. Picture this: $400M just to get rid of the workers. Add to that the cash burn from this quarter ~$500M (which will probably be matched next quarter) and the future right off of more BB10 devices, and voila. You'll be happy to get $5.

Edit to add: !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-03-13 01:10 PM
    Your missing the point again

Do the math...who cares if they sold at 18 or even 20... Tick tock...the amount of trading days before this deal could be struck is almost here.

So what happens when Prem could get 70% of the stock locked up...

Just watch the lending will dry up.

I am long ....so I assume your short m1a1mg ? if your not short ...why not if your so clever at predicting 5...you could make millions.

If your not on the other side of the trade...no need to even be concerned about all this.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    10-03-13 01:25 PM
    Your missing the point again

Do the math...who cares if they sold at 18 or even 20... Tick tock...the amount of trading days before this deal could be struck is almost here.

So what happens when Prem could get 70% of the stock locked up...

Just watch the lending will dry up.

I am long ....so I assume your short m1a1mg ? if your not short ...why not if your so clever at predicting 5...you could make millions.

If your not on the other side of the trade...no need to even be concerned about all this.
    I was an owner of BBRY. Then I woke up and realized I had made a horrible mistake.

People like you, who keep posting happy, happy, joy, joy, need a foil so that no one makes the mistake of coming on CB and listening to you. I'm sorry for you that you have not seen the light. I did and saved some of my money.

And no, I'm not short or long BBRY. This stock is a complete and utter nightmare. If the FF offer is so secure, why is the current stock price, at this very moment, $7.73 US. Maybe because the shorts have a feeling that the deal will collapse, and they'll make even more off of people like you? Which is better, to get out of a short position at $7.73 or $5.00.

Finally, I'm here because the people who own CB allow me to be. When they decide that they only want people who post favorably about BBRY, I'll leave. You are welcome to ignore me. But for the last ~90 days, I've been right way more than many of the CB "experts". And 100% right more than those who have completely convinced themselves this will all work out.
    10-03-13 02:09 PM
    Fear. Simple as that, that's why its down. Fear that Fairfax is playing a game and isn't a real offer. Cerberus looking into this makes it a little more real, but Bernstein just downgraded BB and stated that Fairfax isn't going to get the financing. Some people are hard at work making BB less then the value of a stamp.
    10-03-13 02:23 PM
    Bernstein ...get serious ...these boys have been on the short side.

And 100% right more than those who have completely convinced themselves this will all work out. Quote from m1a1mg

Then short the stock super hero since your saying its going to 5 means you have an opinion. Hit the bid or get out of the way.

My bet is in Prem
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    10-03-13 02:31 PM
    Few points on this.
    How many covered after last crash? The next report due next week will give us better idea.

Shorts will have to cover no matter.

Shorts will hope that longs will sell for profit so plenty of available stocks.

Lot of retails selling is done so majority of shorts are not at $15 to $18

Based on volume shorts are fighting among themselves for monfhs Covering and shorting for whatever reasons.

Shorts will cover so fast that we longs won't even know or take advantage unless still over 150 mil shorted.

With most take overs you wake up one big jump in price.

Look at Nokia still covering. Covered over 150mil stocks

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:07 PM
    Few points on this.
    How many covered after last crash? The next report due next week will give us better idea.

Shorts will have to cover no matter.

Shorts will hope that longs will sell for profit so plenty of available stocks.

Lot of retails selling is done so majority of shorts are not at $15 to $18

Based on volume shorts are fighting among themselves for monfhs Covering and shorting for whatever reasons.

Shorts will cover so fast that we longs won't even know or take advantage unless still over 150 mil shorted.

With most take overs you wake up one big jump in price.

Look at Nokia still covering. Covered over 150mil stocks

Posted via CB10
    Some ppl are really delusional.

As long as the deal is approved(let's say 9), then after that, many people will just sell at 8.90-8.95 to free their money to pursuit other opportunity.
    They would not hold their shares for another month to wait for the deal actually close to take the rest 0.5% profit. At that time, all the shorts can easily cover.

Unless say 90%+ shares are hold by several large shareholders and they just do not sell, then the squeeze could happen.

but bbry is never like that.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    10-03-13 05:12 PM
    Bernstein ...get serious ...these boys have been on the short side.

And 100% right more than those who have completely convinced themselves this will all work out. Quote from m1a1mg

Then short the stock super hero since your saying its going to 5 means you have an opinion. Hit the bid or get out of the way.

My bet is in Prem
    It continues to amaze me that people take it personally when I talk bad about a company stock. It's a company. Not your family, friends, or even a favorite sports team. It's a COMPANY!!!!!

It's not worth my time to short this now. I rode this absolute dog for a while, then quit deluding myself. Don't let me stop you.

But really, it's a COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!
    richardat and sexybabe88 like this.
    10-03-13 06:58 PM
    Soooo, it's not the company you keep then?

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg and BlackistheBerry like this.
    10-03-13 07:03 PM
    I was an owner of BBRY. Then I woke up and realized I had made a horrible mistake.

People like you, who keep posting happy, happy, joy, joy, need a foil so that no one makes the mistake of coming on CB and listening to you. I'm sorry for you that you have not seen the light. I did and saved some of my money.

And no, I'm not short or long BBRY. This stock is a complete and utter nightmare. If the FF offer is so secure, why is the current stock price, at this very moment, $7.73 US. Maybe because the shorts have a feeling that the deal will collapse, and they'll make even more off of people like you? Which is better, to get out of a short position at $7.73 or $5.00.

Finally, I'm here because the people who own CB allow me to be. When they decide that they only want people who post favorably about BBRY, I'll leave. You are welcome to ignore me. But for the last ~90 days, I've been right way more than many of the CB "experts". And 100% right more than those who have completely convinced themselves this will all work out.
    I agree with you..Being long I have hated the fact that you were in fact right most of the time...People like you and Troy have done favour to people like us who have been long on the stock.. T Heins has run this company to ground...Prem can probally save it and make some money but other shareholders like us our left out to make our temporary losses to permanent losses....Keep positing your views, you will keep the optisim on CB somewhat balanced

Posted via CB10
    richardat and notfanboy like this.
    10-03-13 08:34 PM
    That is based on the assumption that everyone that is currently treading is all retail. As u said shorts have been shoring like crazy and covering daily, weekly. Then they start again shaking up retailers. Most small institutions already dumped or people who gave up few months ago. Now big long boys will not sell as they know that they will get 9 anyway so they will wait for higher bid. End of the day shorts will have to find over 140 mil shares and they can only hope that some of longs will sell them. Recent squeeze, actv, netflix, tlsa, etc.
    Last edited by BBNation; 10-04-13 at 12:40 AM. Reason: typos
    10-03-13 09:54 PM
    The reason that Kabel Deutschland is trading above the offering price is because German law requires Vodaphone to negotiate with the shareholders who didn't participate in the tender offer. If they can't come to an agreement the dispute will end up in court where it could drag on for years. It looks like the market is giving the holdouts a 6-7% premium.
    10-03-13 10:08 PM
    The op could have a point although I'm not sure Fairfax could pull it off.

Short sellers desperate to close their positions paid as much as 1,005 euros a share during the session following Sunday's news that there was less than 6 percent of VW voting stock still floating in the market.

VW shares later closed trading on Tuesday up 82 percent at 945 euros.

The share price has rocketed since Porsche revealed in a surprise announcement on Sunday that it had effectively gained control of 74 percent of Volkswagen's voting shares.
    Short sellers make VW the world's priciest firm | Reuters
    10-04-13 05:34 AM
    At this point, someone is contractually obliged to say "good time to buy" and promise a $100 party.
    10-04-13 05:53 AM
    That is based on the assumption that everyone that is currently treading is all retail. As u said shorts have been shoring like crazy and covering daily, weekly. Then they start again shaking up retailers. Most small institutions already dumped or people who gave up few months ago. Now big long boys will not sell as they know that they will get 9 anyway so they will wait for higher bid. End of the day shorts will have to find over 140 mil shares and they can only hope that some of longs will sell them. Recent squeeze, actv, netflix, tlsa, etc.
    I think you just don't understand how it works. There will be PLENTY of time for shorts to cover if/when Prem's $9 offer is firm. If there is another offer, then yes they will have to pay the higher price, but there is NEVER going to be a short squeeze unless the new offer is substantially higher. There will be many trading days for shorts to cover and with a known price, people and institutions will sell during that period. Why would anyone wait 30 days to get no more than $9 a share when they can get $9 today will be the thinking.

The stocks you mention are big upside movers (4--500%) and are not being taken over or going private, totally different scenario. Of course there was a bit of a short squeeze. The fact that you think BBRY is like or going to be like them speaks volumes.

http://apps.cnbc.com/cgi-bin/upload....425f106609d39d
    fedakd and m1a1mg like this.
    10-04-13 07:18 AM
    True OMG. And there is still plenty of time for the shorts to make more money. If they really like the gamble.
    10-04-13 08:14 AM
    I just couldn't believe someone admitted they were still LONG on BBRY.

OP if you are confident in the squeeze of the "shorts" you should go pull your retirement account, mortgage you house and sell you dog and buy all the BBRY you can at $7.70.....

(for clarification - this was sarcasm, please do not do anything of the sort!)
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-04-13 08:29 AM
    I will state it again for all those

Sure if you want to cover today you can buy in the market. But my point is YESTERDAY at my bank meeting they specifically asked me to commit or not to commit to the 9. I would then have to sign a document. What you boys are missing is this lock up is happening off the market.

Lets say 50% of retails commits and locks up....good luck finding 33% of the float on the FREE market.

Can you say POP ..Feeding Frenzy..
    10-04-13 09:40 AM

Sure if you want to cover today you can buy in the market. But my point is YESTERDAY at my bank meeting they specifically asked me to commit or not to commit to the 9. I would then have to sign a document. What you boys are missing is this lock up is happening off the market.

Lets say 50% of retails commits and locks up....good luck finding 33% of the float on the FREE market.

I have 20000+ shares, I am not going to lock my share. I will just sell for whatever the final offer is.

Who the hell is going to do that? not many.
    10-04-13 09:48 AM

And are you going to commit to $9 and then watch the price for everybody else soar due to your anticipated short squeeze? If so I would say a very large THANK YOU. Not sure where you work or how many shares, but large US institutions wouldn't dare commit to $9 at this point and risk the upside being left on the table, they will wait it out. I think you are taking your own experience and projecting it out, but it doesn't project well.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    10-04-13 09:54 AM
    I have 20000+ shares, I am not going to lock my share. I will just sell for whatever the final offer is.

Who the hell is going to do that? not many.

If I could buy some shares at $7.69 today, and then lock them in at $9....... I'd do it!
    10-04-13 10:09 AM
37 12