10-31-13 10:05 PM
79 ... 234
tools
    Nothing is truly free on the internet.
    I have long deleted my personal FB account.
    I use ghostery, adblock plus and sometimes a VPN.
    I am also willing to pay for the services I use, but some Internet sites just don't let me.
    I am a big fan of ArsTechnica and Anandtech for example and am a paying member of the first one, and was one for the latter.

There is a lot of "I" in these sentences, simply because FB with its over 1 billion users has proven that most people either don't care about their privacy, or are intellectually incapable of processing the thought of how perverted it is, to voluntarily give a corporation so much personal data about oneself.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:57 AM
    I have long deleted my personal FB account.
    I use ghostery, adblock plus and sometimes a VPN.
    I am also willing to pay for the services I use, but some Internet sites just don't let me.
    I am a big fan of ArsTechnica and Anandtech for example and am a paying member of the first one, and was one for the latter.

There is a lot of "I" in these sentences, simply because FB with its over 1 billion users has proven that most people either don't care about their privacy, or are intellectually incapable of processing the thought of how perverted it is, to voluntarily give a corporation so much personal data about oneself.

Posted via CB10
    Most of what FB collects is information that floats around the net already. For me, I rationalize my decision. Without FB, I'd miss all the pix of my Grandchildren. I use Google because they give me cool stuff in exchange for data that is worthless to me.

I understand your position, but most of what Google and FB want is unimportant to me anyway.
    10-31-13 01:34 PM
    Most of what FB collects is information that floats around the net already. For me, I rationalize my decision. Without FB, I'd miss all the pix of my Grandchildren. I use Google because they give me cool stuff in exchange for data that is worthless to me.

I understand your position, but most of what Google and FB want is unimportant to me anyway.
    True that. They can have all my crap info as much as they can.
    But we also keep in mind that anyone of us can get flagged by nsa or other ****ty security organisations by the algorithm they run.
    Once you get flagged they will monitor all aspects of your life.
    It is a Double edge sword and chance of getting cut is there at least 0.01%.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:26 PM
    Even when BBRY doesn't do well, Prem knows how to pick them ....

https://www.google.com/finance?client=ig&q=NYSE:RFP

I think I am green on this now. ..... granted I view it as selling for almost as half price.

Same story with SD. Already made 80% on SD once. Hoping to do so again.
    10-31-13 10:05 PM
79 ... 234