Bunch of baloney

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:39 PM
    Bunch of baloney

Posted via CB10
    Utter baloney, pure conjecture...where is the share button?
    10-29-13 07:41 PM
    Maybe they were really on their way to Disneyland and stopped over while they were on the way.
    That should happen only during Thorsten's early retirement.
    10-29-13 07:44 PM
    "Will you make a Facebook app?"
    "No"
    "Will you make an Instagram app?"
    "No"
    "Will you buy our company?"
    "We'll think about it"

Look on the bright side. It will be super easy for Blackberry users to keep up with their parents and grandparents.
    You mean "keep up with people who have jobs", I think.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 07:47 PM
    Isn't a more trueful headline "Blackberry execs travel to facebook and ask them to buy the company - no sign facebook to make bid".
    They are probably going to ask Walmart too at this point
    10-29-13 09:06 PM
    FB is pushing hard into messaging. BBM might be possible.
    10-29-13 09:52 PM
    I cant think of it being anything other than BBM...I dont think FB would go for the hardware
    10-29-13 10:58 PM
    If such a deal were to happen, BlackBerry metaphorically died for me, and I'll probably burn everything I have from them.

This may sound extreme, but BlackBerry and FB have absolutely nothing in common, looking at the corporate culture.
    One stands for secrecy, security, the enterprise sector and therefore for a certain form of privacy as well (well, not necessarily for the employee using a BlackBerry on BES, but that's not what I meant).
    The other one harvests as much data as they possibly can, from over 1 billion members and sells it.

This is such a huge difference on a fundamental level, that FB probably constitutes the worst possibility of a partner, from every rumoured party being interested in BlackBerry.

FB probably learned their lesson with that. They're not gonna try it again.
    (quote over HTC and FB Home)

I hope so.
    "Home" made it pretty clear that most people have NO interest in FB being more, than it already is.
    The FB phone has flopped and the (actually pretty intelligent) strategy to make every phone a FB-phone hasn't worked as well.

There is a reason, why the GTA V story writers decided to call their virtual FB pendant, "Life-Invaders".

BlackBook sounds good. Means lots of things too..
    What about a BerryBook?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 10-30-13 at 03:58 AM.
    10-30-13 03:47 AM
    It's most important to note that BBRY approached FB, not the other way round. There is no evidence that FB was doing anything other than listening to see how desperate BBRY really is.
    richardat likes this.
    10-30-13 08:12 AM
    This smacks of a favor called in by one of the investment banks, probably as a personal favor. Hey FB, we did your IPO, please meet with BBRY. NO, well they will come to you, we just need to float some rumors and look like we are earning our fee.

Didn't they already try a FB phone and famously fail? Aren't they about as opposite as 2 companies could be (and not in the synergy, ying/yang way, in the no way it could work way)

ALL conjecture on my part. Wall St doesn't seem to believe it either. If it were true, Goldman would at least be trading their own accounts for the profit.
    richardat likes this.
    10-30-13 09:40 AM
    but they won't bring instagram?
    10-30-13 09:41 AM
    One stands for secrecy, security, the enterprise sector and therefore for a certain form of privacy as well (well, not necessarily for the employee using a BlackBerry on BES, but that's not what I meant).
    The other one harvests as much data as they possibly can, from over 1 billion members and sells it.
    The ironic thing is so does Google. Therefore every BlackBerry 10 user who endorses Android in the process is fine with that.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-30-13 09:42 AM
    They had one discussion. It's nothing to be concerned about.
    10-30-13 09:42 AM
    It seems there is nobody wanting to buy whole BBRY except PW.

Only hope now is BBRY can sell itself into pieces.
    10-30-13 10:11 AM
    The ironic thing is so does Google. Therefore every BlackBerry 10 user who endorses Android in the process is fine with that.
    Definitely correct enough.
    Google, must be the only one who is worse than FB.

With different ROMs and Root, one can try to contain that violation of privacy as good as he/she can.
    On BB10, such options aren't even present.
    In a fictional alternative reality, where FB bought BlackBerry and now makes handsets and harvests data, the lack of these possibilities kills every expectation of privacy one could have ever had.

In any case, out of the box, Apple definitely is a better choice, as they mostly live from their margins on hardware and not from the aggregated user data.
    The problem with Apple, IMHO, is that they have the worst mobile offering, considering the OS and customisation with things like display sizes or expandable storage.
    I also rate W8 tablets as far better than an iPad.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:18 AM
    Android and iPhone fan better thank BlackBerry for making their phone better.
    A bit twisted here. If not for iOS, Android and even WebOS coming along, your much vaunted BB10 would still be running Java. Even after Mike and Jim were faced with the realities of IOS, what did they do? Release OS7, then claim it would "Leap Frog" the competition.

I prefer subscribers, not followers.
    What's the difference? They both pay money.
    10-30-13 11:14 AM
    You're right. I could see FB buying pieces of BlackBerry but they can't afford the whole company.
    Funny, but you need to formulate it as a joke to get maximum effect.
    10-30-13 11:27 AM
    What's the difference? They both pay money.
    More accurately, they both generate revenue
    10-30-13 11:28 AM
    Im sure there are some mischief makers at work here.
    First WSJ report google/SAP are interested, then mike lazaridis, then Lenovo, now Facebook.
    A new story seems to crop everytime the share price starts dropping towards $8.
    im sure someone is releasing stories to keep a price offer of $9 or more a share
    10-30-13 12:31 PM
    They want BBM and or the QNX platform. Everyone is moving away from the hardware business............I just know
    10-30-13 01:03 PM
    Im sure there are some mischief makers at work here.
    First WSJ report google/SAP are interested, then mike lazaridis, then Lenovo, now Facebook.
    A new story seems to crop everytime the share price starts dropping towards $8.
    im sure someone is releasing stories to keep a price offer of $9 or more a share
    To be precise about the bolded part, WSJ said that BBRY had talked to them, not the other way.
    10-30-13 02:19 PM
    They had one discussion. It's nothing to be concerned about.
    One known discussion.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:55 PM
    This smacks of a favor called in by one of the investment banks, probably as a personal favor. Hey FB, we did your IPO, please meet with BBRY. NO, well they will come to you, we just need to float some rumors and look like we are earning our fee.

Didn't they already try a FB phone and famously fail? Aren't they about as opposite as 2 companies could be (and not in the synergy, ying/yang way, in the no way it could work way)

ALL conjecture on my part. Wall St doesn't seem to believe it either. If it were true, Goldman would at least be trading their own accounts for the profit.
    I don't think they even need to do that....as you and m1a1mg point out, it's just preliminary talks and taking a look. Frankly, if I was in a position of power in a corporation that size, I'd be a fool not to listen to their pitch if they come asking. At worst you waste a few hours of your (or your underlings) time.....worth it to take a look and see if there's anything there that can work for you!! It's not every day that an entity like BB goes on firesale.....even if I had no interest whatsoever superficially, I'd let them make a pitch, and I'd have at least a quick look at the books.
    10-31-13 02:38 AM
    Oh how I love FaceBook.....
    http://arstechnica.com/business/2013...sor-movements/

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:46 AM
    Oh how I love FaceBook.....
    Facebook may start logging your cursor movements | Ars Technica

Posted via CB10
    Nothing is truly free on the internet.
    10-31-13 08:15 AM
79 1234