Now this is interesting. Why, if BBRY gets folded into Android, would you go with an iPhone?? Wouldn't you go with...Android?

1. As a BBRY guy, isn't iPhone total anathema to you?

2. Which aspects of BBRY have consumers never used? I am defining consumers as anyone who owned a BBRY before, say, 2012. This is an honest question.
    I don't think Sean likes Android at all LOL. I seem to recall him describing Android homescreens as "cluttered."
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-05-13 12:39 PM
    I'll sell at 20.00 ...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:40 PM
    Google would do better is they ditched BB10. The majority of the accounts on the servers that Google sees as profitable, are not BB10.
    10-05-13 12:45 PM
    Because Cisco or SAP would have a total end to end solution for businesses. You can already buy Cisco routers and other things on their website. They could use BlackBerrys to further that. The same can be said for SAP. It would be a company with enterprise software buying a struggling company with enterprise that has ALWAYS been focused on enterprise hardware.

I'm in no way saying Cisco or SAP would continue BlackBerry devices in the consumer space, but BlackBerry handsets sold alongside their routers and switches...pretty attractive for anyone looking for a total solution.

Google, on the other hand, doesn't need the hardware or the software.....just the patents and whatever else.
    Totally agree, wanting BB10 to continue to exist CISCO and SAP seems the most likely to keep it for the reasons you mentioned, hope it happens, would be great to still have the option to have my Blackberries for the years to come.
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-05-13 12:59 PM
    Why does everyone think all these tech companies are interested in buying BlackBerry. TH also stated they are looking for strategic partnerships. BlackBerry could very well stay a public company if they get the right deal.

I think an alliance with Google there best chance to stay public and rebuild. For example BlackBerry would be allowed to baked Google play store on bb10 in return from some commitment from Google to have access to particular BlackBerry's Patents.

If the app gap is eliminated and Google helps BlackBerry marketing then they have a chance to be profitable.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:03 PM
    The new lawsuit should silence this news...Prem for Prime Minister
    10-05-13 01:36 PM
    Now this is interesting. Why, if BBRY gets folded into Android, would you go with an iPhone?? Wouldn't you go with...Android?

1. As a BBRY guy, isn't iPhone total anathema to you?

2. Which aspects of BBRY have consumers never used? I am defining consumers as anyone who owned a BBRY before, say, 2012. This is an honest question.
    If it doesn't have a BlackBerry logo on the device, I don't want it.

1) I think the iPhone is a nice device. I've got an iPod touch running iOS7, and am used to it now. The iPhone is by no means my first choice, but I know what it is and how to use it, I have a Mac Book Pro, and the iPhone would just fit nicely with everything. I hate it for texting, but I would have to get used to it.

2) The aspects of BlackBerry that consumers have never used..I mean like BES, the high level of encryption and security..BlackBerry Balance...all these things that my phone is capable of, but I've never used because I'm no on an enterprise network. While those things are great to be able to do, they have no bearing on my experience as a BlackBerry user, because really, I'm just a regular consumer who just likes their devices.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    10-05-13 02:16 PM
    I don't think Sean likes Android at all LOL. I seem to recall him describing Android homescreens as "cluttered."
    HAHA YES! Good memory. I hate the look of every Android UI that I've played with. It's so complicated, whereas BB10 and Android have similar home screens.

I hate those back buttons, I hate the menus. The whole experience makes me appreciate BlackBerry10 and even iOS.
    10-05-13 02:19 PM
    I think Google is the best thing for BlackBerry.

No more side loading, full access to Google Play store.

AND BB10 will exist. Google will offer it up as an elite form of Android i.e secure.

I cant see Google tampering with blackberry except making sure, that Android apps will be run on it fully.

Which is the best thing for BB.
    10-05-13 02:26 PM
    Because Cisco or SAP would have a total end to end solution for businesses. You can already buy Cisco routers and other things on their website. They could use BlackBerrys to further that. The same can be said for SAP. It would be a company with enterprise software buying a struggling company with enterprise that has ALWAYS been focused on enterprise hardware.

I'm in no way saying Cisco or SAP would continue BlackBerry devices in the consumer space, but BlackBerry handsets sold alongside their routers and switches...pretty attractive for anyone looking for a total solution.

Google, on the other hand, doesn't need the hardware or the software.....just the patents and whatever else.
    I am skeptical of Cisco or SAP getting anywhere near the handhelds hardware arm. For one thing, it's typically very low margin stuff. Big thing, it's not in their field of expertise and they should be right to steer clear of such a high risk venture. Moreover, Cisco knows about getting chased out of a previously popular CE arena with their Flip camcorder. I really doubt they would try again, at least not with a clearly struggling company.
    10-05-13 02:28 PM
    I am skeptical of Cisco or SAP getting anywhere near the handhelds hardware arm. For one thing, it's typically very low margin stuff. Big thing, it's not in their field of expertise and they should be right to steer clear of such a high risk venture. Moreover, Cisco knows about getting chased out of a previously popular CE arena with their Flip camcorder. I really doubt they would try again, at least not with a clearly struggling company.
    They could offer like one or two devices, and retain the part of BlackBerry that handles devices, they wouldn't have to do much themselves. It wouldn't be high risk, really. Since the devices would be sold on Cisco's website and aimed at businesses (or a consumer who just wanted one), they wouldn't manufacture as many, and there wouldn't be a need for some marketing blitz.

There would be no "Are they CRAZY asking $700 for a phone!??! I could get an iPhone or Android and have Netflix on those for $199 on contract!!!" because the Cisco-offered BlackBerrys would totally not even trying to be competing with those devices anymore.
    10-05-13 02:38 PM
    There would be no "Are they CRAZY asking $700 for a phone!??! I could get an iPhone or Android and have Netflix on those for $199 on contract!!!" because the Cisco-offered BlackBerrys would totally not even trying to be competing with those devices anymore.
    This assumes some sort of future where people carry around their 'enterprise' device for their secure network BES encrypted needs and have another one for all those frivolous 'apps' that so many BBRY faithful like to denigrate (not saying you're one of them).

However, isn't the new realization that people don't want to carry two devices? Isn't the future one in which people Bring Their Own Device, and enterprise IT guys work that device into the program?

By the way, I disagree with the idea that Cisco would get involved in any sort of handheld mobile business. You mentioned that they wouldn't have to do much themselves and it wouldn't be high risk. I'm not so sure. It's so much more efficient for a company like Cisco to simply let another firm take on that risk. There I such a thing as corporate DNA and Cisco isn't coded for handheld hardware, as was shown with the Flip.
    10-05-13 03:01 PM
    hard for a LG security offer here, it does not trade on US market.. No shareholders want that.

Samsung earned $9.4B last quarter, cash is not a problem. But LG's net profit is just $140M.

9.4Billions vs. 0.14Billion, you tell me the math if LG has the money to buy BBRY
    As far as I know, LG is a huge corporation, and LG Electronics has USD 45 Billion of global sales. Adding LG Display, LG Chemicals etc sums up to afigure of USD 100 Billion or more. Handset division is not much profitable for LG right know, but will they bother with BBRY, that's the point.
    10-05-13 03:22 PM
    As far as I know, LG is a huge corporation, and LG Electronics has USD 45 Billion of global sales. Adding LG Display, LG Chemicals etc sums up to afigure of USD 100 Billion or more. Handset division is not much profitable for LG right know, but will they bother with BBRY, that's the point.
    LOL, you think sales matter? GM had 100B+ sales, went to bankruptcy.

Go goolge how much profile LG made last quarter, is it so hard?
    10-05-13 03:50 PM
    At this point, while BlackBerry 10 is my favorite OS, and I would like nothing more to see it continue to be developed, I want the company to be sold at a decent price so that I can make some of my losses up.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 04:22 PM
    What happens to call options if BlackBerry is sold by securities rather than cash?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 04:34 PM
    I would love for Samsung to buy BB and use BB10 on their phones! May be even have BB10 and Android 4.2 dual boot (similar to how BB is handling work space switch)!
    10-05-13 05:09 PM
    PLEASE not SAP. I use that at work and it's a piece of sh!t OS. We call it Slow And Proud around the office. Most of the people I speak with outside my organisation agree.
    LoganSix likes this.
    10-05-13 05:31 PM
    HAHA YES! Good memory. I hate the look of every Android UI that I've played with. It's so complicated, whereas BB10 and Android have similar home screens.

I hate those back buttons, I hate the menus. The whole experience makes me appreciate BlackBerry10 and even iOS.
    You seen the Oppo find 5? If I had to jump ship to android that would be my choice.
    10-05-13 05:32 PM
    That's a good point. I bet they could use QNX for their electronic devices on and perhaps use BlackBerry's security services to provide an answer to Samsung's Knox.
    10-05-13 05:42 PM
    I tend to agree with you. I am still hoping Fairfax buys BBRY and continues to make BlackBerry handsets I can use... (Please, oh please!)

Actually, this does NOT look like good news. Just my opinion, but look at the context:

Fairfax supposedly had some intention to keep the company going. Blackberry has been trying to sell itself for a year or so.

And now this: "The company, based in Waterloo, Ontario, has asked for preliminary expressions of interest from potential strategic buyers, which also include Intel Corp and Asian companies LG and Samsung, by early next week."

So basically RIM is asking if anybody would like to buy a piece or two of their company, last call.

I don't see any of those companies never keeping a handset division nor continuing BB10. None.

All of them either already have their own OS (WebOS, Tizen, Android, Chrome etc. Besides the ones they're licensing) or they have no business in handsets or mobile.

With that combination of companies, it looks more like vultures each trying to secure a piece of the carcass: Blackberries patents, MDM and networks. Maybe even just a billion for the patents.

That's sad...
    (Worst part is, that judging BBRYs management by their previous actions, they're probably going for the highest bid, with little consideration for continuing their products and handset division)
    10-05-13 07:49 PM
    (Worst part is, that judging BBRYs management by their previous actions, they're probably going for the highest bid, with little consideration for continuing their products and handset division)
    That's the fiduciary duty of the board of directors... nothing to do with management. If they are representing the shareholders in selling the company, they are to get the highest price possible. What do they care what happens afterward, since they won't be shareholders anymore?
    10-05-13 08:24 PM
    I bet they could use QNX for their electronic devices on and perhaps use BlackBerry's security services to provide an answer to Samsung's Knox.
    They have to a certain extent, with LG Gate.
    LG Gate tech separates work and play on BYOD smartphones | PCWorld
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-05-13 08:31 PM
    Even Cisco might just want it for the patents and software.
    10-05-13 09:56 PM
    That's a good point. I bet they could use QNX for their electronic devices on and perhaps use BlackBerry's security services to provide an answer to Samsung's Knox.
    YES! LG has a lot of new types of touch screen appliances. Fridges and Washer/Dryers and all that. Plus they could move away from android if they want... something to set their phones apart from the 'other' androids
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-05-13 10:17 PM
129 ... 23456