1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes Google... great to see the big players realizing the serious assets and value....

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 04:14 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Bids above 9 very likely....

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 04:15 AM
    Yes Google... great to see the big players realizing the serious assets and value....

Posted via CB10
    LOL!
    And as usual, when WTAFC chimes in, we know the near future, thanks to his amazing prophetic powers of predicting the opposite of what will happen!

A consortium of sorts will buy the patents from BBRY for around a billion, SAP will get BBM and the MDM software and servers for half a billion, and QNX will be sold off as a seperate entity for a hundred million or thereabouts.

Anyone who thinks that these companies are interested in all of Blackberry, let alone the cellphones or BB10 is delusional. It won't happen. BBRY has been shopping the company around for a year, and no one was interested. Now that the board doesn't have any choice but sell it in pieces, they swoop in to get a piece or two.

Shareholders that haven't sold yet, will bitterly regret it as it doesn't look like Fairfax could get the financing for their 7$ bid...
    Etios, Berry_Pink and mikeo007 like this.
    10-05-13 04:43 AM
    even possible that this all is just a news to make thinks happen for BB to sell in better value
    10-05-13 04:56 AM
    Bids above 9 very likely....

Posted via CB10
    Is this based on the fact that the stock is well below the current "bid" from Fairfax (as agreed to by your board) or some other fantasy?
    10-05-13 05:03 AM
    I vote google.....

Posted via CB10
    And watch the security fly out the window.
    danprown, badiyee and Silk_Spectre like this.
    10-05-13 05:44 AM
    No comments on a strategic partnership? Why is everyone assuming it will be a buyout?

I would prefer to have BlackBerry find a partner and stay whole rather than sold off and gutted.
    10-05-13 06:33 AM
    Any chance all of these names popping up are just suitors looking to join FF's consortium? It could be argued "why fight and bid up the price when we can all join together and buy the company on the cheap " or " I can have it all to myself for $10 per share".
    10-05-13 06:44 AM
    Or names floating in an effort to raise the stock price on the premise that multiple companies want all or part of BlackBerry.
    Isn't working.
    10-05-13 06:47 AM
    No comments on a strategic partnership? Why is everyone assuming it will be a buyout?
    Because they're bleeding so bad.
    10-05-13 07:09 AM
    Whoever buys BB, I hope it sold as whole. not chopped out.
    I still bet on Cisco. IBM will be perfect though...
    bb624 likes this.
    10-05-13 08:38 AM
    Yeah but it wouldn't be a BlackBerry anymore. It would be an Android with aspects of BlackBerry that most of us consumers have never used.

And I, along with many BlackBerry users, would probably end up buying an iPhone for my next phone.
    Now this is interesting. Why, if BBRY gets folded into Android, would you go with an iPhone?? Wouldn't you go with...Android?

1. As a BBRY guy, isn't iPhone total anathema to you?

2. Which aspects of BBRY have consumers never used? I am defining consumers as anyone who owned a BBRY before, say, 2012. This is an honest question.
    10-05-13 11:10 AM
    I just re-read the piece. Other than the $3.1B mistake, it sounds good. But what caught me the second time around is this:

The company, based in Waterloo, Ontario, has asked for preliminary expressions of interest from potential strategic buyers, which also include Intel Corp and Asian companies LG and Samsung, by early next week.

Is BBRY actively seeking out buyers, or is something else going on.
    I think they are like a street ***** soliciting anyone to take a bite..they are desperate.
    10-05-13 11:26 AM
    I'm trying to understand why you would think Google, the company with smartphone technology expertise (by virtue of their partners) would kill off BlackBerry devices but Cisco and SAP who don't would continue the hardware side of the business.
    I do not think anyone want to keep the hardware going.
    10-05-13 11:29 AM
    My vote for whoever keeps the company as a whole and not break it and also keep developing BB10
    Why would anyone keep developing BB10? have you seen the adoption rate? BB10 is a failure, if it weren't they would not need to sell the company.
    helio9965 likes this.
    10-05-13 11:34 AM

Only Google/Samsung/LG buy makes some sense, still LG does not have enough money to buy BBRY.
    Most acquisitions do not involve cash but securities offer..very few companies, if any, are bought with cash.
    10-05-13 11:39 AM
    Most acquisitions do not involve cash but securities offer..very few companies, if any, are bought with cash.
    hard for a LG security offer here, it does not trade on US market.. No shareholders want that.

Samsung earned $9.4B last quarter, cash is not a problem. But LG's net profit is just $140M.

9.4Billions vs. 0.14Billion, you tell me the math if LG has the money to buy BBRY
    10-05-13 11:44 AM
    Am I right in saying that BB is just looking for signs of interest by google and Samsung by next week? In which case its too early to start talking about what google and Samsung would so with BB. Let them show this sign of interest first, then discuss
    10-05-13 11:45 AM
    I could see samsung putting in a strong bid for the patents to strengthen tizen. that's all. either way, good news for shareholders.
    10-05-13 11:57 AM
    They will rip the company apart.
    10-05-13 11:59 AM
    As long as my blackberry z10 works. I don't care who buys it or rents it or babysits it.
    I like babysitting. Prem Watsa is going to do it. I need them to realize they need to pick up their game.
    10-05-13 12:02 PM
    "anonymous sources" = BB mgt team hoping to pump the stock over yet another false rumor floated.
    10-05-13 12:16 PM
    "anonymous sources" = BB mgt team hoping to pump the stock over yet another false rumor floated.
    If that were true then why wouldn't these firms comment when contacted?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:18 PM
    And watch the security fly out the window.
    Privacy* ftfy
    10-05-13 12:25 PM
    LOL, You think the CEO is pumping? even if BBRY jumps to 20 a share, the CEO and CxOs still could not sell their stock, otherwise it is insider trading. Everything will be settled on Nov. 4th anyway.
    10-05-13 12:31 PM
129 12345 ...