BlackBerry quietly ends support and sales for BB 5 & 6 phones. And to that, I say it's about time. Now all those fence-sitting legacy users have to decide if they will upgrade to BB10 or switch to iOS / Android.
    01-27-14 12:57 PM
    Although we've come
    To the end of the road
    Still I can't let go
    It's unnatural
    You belong to me
    I belong to you
    Although we've come
    To the end of the road
    Still I can't let go
    It's unnatural
    You belong to me
    I belong to you
    01-27-14 01:04 PM
    Source for BB5 and 6 support ending?

And BB10 is not automatically a jump until OS7 is around. Even the company recognizes this.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-27-14 01:05 PM
    I believe it is time for those user to let go. For those users still on OS, I'll give them another year or two.

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    01-27-14 01:13 PM
    Source for BB5 and 6 support ending?

And BB10 is not automatically a jump until OS7 is around. Even the company recognizes this.
    BB OS7 will be supported indefinitely as stated previously by BlackBerry

Source: www.bbnews.pl/‎

http://translate.google.ca/translate...3D210%26es_sm%
    01-27-14 01:28 PM
    No such thing as indefinite software support.
    They will definitely support it for some time though as they still sell more OS7 than bb10

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:19 PM
    No such thing as indefinite software support.
    They will definitely support it for some time though as they still sell more OS7 than bb10

Posted via CB10
    The key word here is "software". No need to support a platform if there aren't any BBOS user left. Phones don't last forever.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    01-27-14 08:33 PM
    Again, one to two years for OS7 I believe.

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    01-28-14 06:16 AM
    Easy for you guys to tell us "fence-sitting legacy users" to switch, clearly you got no holes in your pockets. Some of us aren't resistant or hesitant to the switch. It's just not all of us can afford to get a new phone whenever we want to. It's a bit sad that my 9300 won't be supported anymore but hey, it's business after all. I'll just have to make do until I save enough to get a BB10 device. Hopefully my 9300 will hold up 'till then. Crossing my fingers for a price drop when they release new devices in the coming months. Hopefully.
    01-28-14 07:55 AM
    Indefinite doesn't mean forever. It's highly probable they will dump BBOS 7 in 2015, since the only device still being made is the 9720 and it was released last year.

So long as they don't drop BIS these devices will continue to work fine until the hardware fails. Getting spare parts like replacement batteries might be difficult now.
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-28-14 08:00 AM
    Easy for you guys to tell us "fence-sitting legacy users" to switch, clearly you got no holes in your pockets. Some of us aren't resistant or hesitant to the switch. It's just not all of us can afford to get a new phone whenever we want to. It's a bit sad that my 9300 won't be supported anymore but hey, it's business after all. I'll just have to make do until I save enough to get a BB10 device. Hopefully my 9300 will hold up 'till then. Crossing my fingers for a price drop when they release new devices in the coming months. Hopefully.
    I didn't mean to offend anyone. My assumption was based on those who could switch but hasn't. Peace
    01-28-14 08:40 AM
    BBOS6 has only reached middle age the way government agencies update....
    01-28-14 08:49 AM
    You could check on local buy & sell sites like Kijiji... there are BB10 devices that are like new going for not a lot more than a new BBOS7 device.
    01-28-14 08:52 AM
    You could check on local buy & sell sites like Kijiji... there are BB10 devices that are like new going for not a lot more than a new BBOS7 device.
    I do keep checking every week on our local buy & sell sites but the problem is not many seems to be using BB10 so the prices of the used ones has little difference from a new one. *sigh*
    02-01-14 10:50 AM
    I do keep checking every week on our local buy & sell sites but the problem is not many seems to be using BB10 so the prices of the used ones has little difference from a new one. *sigh*
    Just curious, why are you limiting your search scope?
    02-01-14 11:58 AM
    As BB10 device other than the Z10 have been produced in a limited supply and have been purchased in a very limited quantity... it will be less likely that you will see the prices for used devices drop to the levels that BBOS devices have enjoyed. It is all about supply and demand - the Q5 was sold in such limited quantities that used it is about the same price as a Q10. Now the Z10....
    02-03-14 01:56 PM
    since the only device still being made is the 9720 and it was released last year
    What's your source for that? They might not be developing new BlackBerry 7 models, but are you sure the production lines on the old ones aren't doing doing runs as needed? Especially for ones like the Curve or 9900?
    02-04-14 12:32 PM
    What's your source for that? They might not be developing new BlackBerry 7 models, but are you sure the production lines on the old ones aren't doing doing runs as needed? Especially for ones like the Curve or 9900?
    They probably have a lot of those in a warehouse too, just waiting for someone/anyone to want them.
    02-04-14 12:45 PM
    BlackBerry quietly ends support and sales for BB 5 & 6 phones. And to that, I say it's about time. Now all those fence-sitting legacy users have to decide if they will upgrade to BB10 or switch to iOS / Android.
    i still using BB Curve OS 5 phones and it still working fine, i already have android phone...if i have to choose between BB10 or android. then android it is....
    02-10-14 08:15 AM
    i still using BB Curve OS 5 phones and it still working fine, i already have android phone...if i have to choose between BB10 or android. then android it is....
    Isn't it like choosing between apples and oranges? Hope you give any BB10 phone a try also, before making your final decision. You know how the saying goes "you never know until you have tried it". I do respect that your happiness is paramount.
    02-10-14 08:25 AM
    Isn't it like choosing between apples and oranges? Hope you give any BB10 phone a try also, before making your final decision. You know how the saying goes "you never know until you have tried it". I do respect that your happiness is paramount.
    i've been impressed with BB10 feature...but like any other android / ios users, i need apps not just the popular one, local apps from my country also important. i hate to sideload, and hate uncertainty feeling if the apps will work fine or not.

besides i dont want to pay BB10 phone with today prices, if i just only using it as my backup/secondary phone. maybe if BB10 jakarta come with curve prices (under $150) and have good hardware specs, comparable with a $150 android phone. i will consider it...
    wincyUt and Shlooky like this.
    02-10-14 08:37 AM