According to Yahoo Finance it is not looking great for BB :

BlackBerry
    In its report early Friday, this Ontario-based company is expected to report that fiscal fourth-quarter had a net loss of $0.06 per share, according to 101 Estimize respondents. That would be down from a profit of $0.04 per share in the same quarter of 2015. The Wall Street consensus estimate is $(0.09) per share and has been for the past 90 days.

Like Wall Street, Estimize underestimated BlackBerry revenue in the previous quarter, and this time Estimze is looking for about $566 million, a little more than the analysts. That would be around 14 percent lower year-over-year. Wall Street also sees revenue for the full year down more than 31 percent from a year ago.
    03-28-16 09:23 AM
    Ok so the article is saying the were wrong last quarter, but trust us they are not wrong again? Why don't we just wait and see?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and masterful like this.
    03-28-16 09:50 AM
    I hope they're wrong again
    03-28-16 10:10 AM
    I hope they're wrong again

Might be most places are supporting their shorts.
    03-28-16 10:12 AM
    I think the majority of analyst are a "hold" on BBRY. They know that yet again BlackBerry is in a transition phase, and it will take a little while to see where things go. But it seems that most have come to accept that hardware is going away, so even if the PRIV numbers don't meet Chen's 5 Million per year, not sure that will be a deal breaker. But they are worried about if BlackBerry is really in a position to replace those hardware revenues with software..... how long this transition will take...... and how Chen will control spending during this time - in other words will earnings be positive or negative.

If the PRIV didn't do well enough, Chen might have to look hard for other places to cut spending before the next ER... even if it's just one guy working on BB10 updates, he might have to go.

Of course he'll be able to save millions if he cuts down on the PRIV's marketing......
    techvisor and JeepBB like this.
    03-28-16 04:27 PM
    According to every other major news outlet it's not looking great for Yahoo. Mayer did a great job organising the company during the first part of her tenure but it has hit the fan.
    BlackBerry is not better off and I don't expect rosy news from Waterloo either April 1. It's been eerily quiet the past several weeks from BlackBerry on almost all facets of their business portfolio. No announcement about phones, 10.3.3, acquisitions, development, security, etc. I think, if it's not good news, JC will have a hard time spinning this one with the media.
    03-28-16 08:12 PM
    ....and yet no warnings which usually precedes a really nasty quarter.

I'm hoping (again) we will see the "strategy" begin to realize some traction in the market. Certainly all the pieces are in place and the products are out there. If they can't turn a profit now, they never will. I suspect we'll see the continued trend of lower hardware and higher software sales. It will all come down to magnitude and how much take-up of products occurred (duh !). I suspect we'll see tepid Priv sales as I'm fairly certain the device was not a runaway success.

I think we're all so focused on the devices, we tend to look at that number as the benchmark for the company's performance and while it's always nice to see Blackberry's in the wild, we have to accept that as a lost cause for Blackberry. .

I suspect we'll see moderate performance and another "push" quarter.
    techvisor and JeepBB like this.
    03-29-16 12:49 PM
    It has indeed been very quiet for the last two months in terms of news. It's possible that's due to regulatory takeover approval work or some kind of consultation period with employees in the case of major layoffs.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-29-16 03:31 PM
    It has indeed been very quiet for the last two months in terms of news. It's possible that's due to regulatory takeover approval work or some kind of consultation period with employees in the case of major layoffs.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Okay did you just came out from under the rock? What news do you need? If you have been following BlackBerry then you will know

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    03-29-16 03:56 PM
    Eps will be .08

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    04-01-16 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD