Hey everyone,

If you recall, prior to the last earnings call, expectations were high that BB10 would sell a minimum of 3.5 million devices, and the stock was en rough to tear it up.

Since then, a lot has happened, the company sold only 2.7 million BB10 devices, the company has been put up for sale, there is talking of no longer developing hardware, splitting BBM up into a seperate division.

Now, maybe this will all change if BlackBerry defies the odds and beats expectations (which for the record, i don't think will be the case) . Does anyone know what analysts are expecting in terms of total BB10 sales, net income, revenue for the quarter?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:36 AM
    En route to potentially tear it up*

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 10:36 AM
    Hey everyone,

If you recall, prior to the last earnings call, expectations were high that BB10 would sell a minimum of 3.5 million devices, and the stock was en rough to tear it up.

Since then, a lot has happened, the company sold only 2.7 million BB10 devices, the company has been put up for sale, there is talking of no longer developing hardware, splitting BBM up into a seperate division.

Now, maybe this will all change if BlackBerry defies the odds and beats expectations (which for the record, i don't think will be the case) . Does anyone know what analysts are expecting in terms of total BB10 sales, net income, revenue for the quarter?

Posted via CB10
    Haven't heard anything.

Sent from my Q10
    09-16-13 11:26 AM
    In case anyone is interested, in the stock thread, we have "the list" where we are making guesses.

Earnings expectations-capture.png
    09-16-13 11:55 AM
    In case anyone is interested, in the stock thread, we have "the list" where we are making guesses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2653 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	202242
    Is that devices sold in millions?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 11:59 AM
    Is that devices sold in millions?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, single units. I predict they sold 2 phones and a spare back cover......
    Bugmapper, PFman, boi2012 and 6 others like this.
    09-16-13 12:02 PM
    Nope, single units. I predict they sold 2 phones and a spare back cover......
    Haha what color?

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    09-16-13 12:03 PM
    Haha what color?

Posted via CB10
    LOL LOL!
    09-16-13 12:09 PM
    Haha funniest post I've read in a while

But on topic, I hope they beat expectations even if it is by a very small margin. Anything to stop the SP free falling again.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    09-16-13 12:11 PM
    Since then, a lot has happened, the company sold only 2.7 million BB10 devices

Posted via CB10
    Correction, that would be "shipped" not "sold". I doubt BB will release sales data, won't be surprised if they don't release shipped data unless required. I bet sales have fallen off a cliff. They are probably scrambling to sell the company before upcoming earnings report. September 27th will probably be nail in the coffin day, sorry to say.
    SEAWARRIOR and boi2012 like this.
    09-16-13 12:12 PM
    Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what analysts are expecting in terms of total BB10 sales, net income, revenue for the quarter?

Posted via CB10
    1- BlackBerry Analyst Ratings, Earnings, Dividends and Insider Trades | $BBRY | NASDAQ:BBRY | Analyst Ratings Network

2- Analyst Ratings for BlackBerry (bbry)

Keep in mind that TARGET PRICE are only the price they see AT THE TIME they make the TGT PRICE for next Year, based on the data they have the Day they give TARGET Price. It change as soon as new data came in.

Regards
    Kid Vibe and danprown like this.
    09-16-13 01:21 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2653 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	202242
    The average is way too low in my opinion. I would anticipate that they would have shipped at least 3.5, perhaps 4 million devices. I realize Canada may not be an accurate reflection of the world, but it's incredible how many BB10 phones i see in the corporate world.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 03:03 PM
    The average is way too low in my opinion. I would anticipate that they would have shipped at least 3.5, perhaps 4 million devices. I realize Canada may not be an accurate reflection of the world, but it's incredible how many BB10 phones i see in the corporate world.

Posted via CB10
    My guess is 3.7 but I think after the last time when peoples expectations were way above what actually shipped, people are trying to keep expectations low. The media hasn't exactly painted a pretty picture of what's been going on so it's now a wait and see and a hope that expectations get beat.
    09-16-13 03:38 PM
    My guess is 3.7 but I think after the last time when peoples expectations were way above what actually shipped, people are trying to keep expectations low. The media hasn't exactly painted a pretty picture of what's been going on so it's now a wait and see and a hope that expectations get beat.
    I would hope for at least 3 million new BB10 phones and about 7.5 million total devices. That way they can point to the fact that they spold more devices then they did a year ago. A little bit of good news to point too.

http://bgr.com/2012/09/27/rim-q2-201...report-163097/

Sent from my Q10
    09-16-13 04:05 PM
    I would hope for at least 3 million new BB10 phones and about 7.5 million total devices. That way they can point to the fact that they spold more devices then they did a year ago. A little bit of good news to point too.

http://bgr.com/2012/09/27/rim-q2-201...report-163097/

Sent from my Q10
    I agree completely. I'd like to see some growth, even if just a little bit.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 04:24 PM
    Should they distinguish between BBOS and BB10 or just mention the total?

Posted from my Z10
    09-16-13 05:27 PM
    Should they distinguish between BBOS and BB10 or just mention the total?

Posted from my Z10
    They'll state the split and if they don't, it will be asked in the conference call anyway.
    09-16-13 05:46 PM
    And they won't report subscriber count. I wonder if they will report Z10 vs. Q10 vs. Q5.

My guess - 2.5mm BB10 and 3mm legacy

At least this quarter Thor has been muzzled. So expectations are very low.
    09-16-13 05:53 PM
    How does one get in on that exercise?
    09-16-13 09:32 PM
    How does one get in on that exercise?
    Just post your "guess"..thats it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:45 PM
    I think at the end, they will barely meet or miss expectations (even with the expectations on the lower end). I think the stock will continue to drop because no present day company would want to takeover BBRY at this price. If you think about it, the longer it takes BBRY to find a buyer, the more market share ground it will lose, then speculation on if "BBRY can find a buyer" will start to fade, then the lower the stock price will become.

So why buy BBRY at $10/share ($12/share premium) right now, when the stock will eventually self-drop to $8/share ($10/share premium). That $2/share in savings is a lot for any company's balance sheet. You will still get the same assets later on if companies like MFST, CISCO, Prem Watsa + Friends, or whoever wants to buy it. I think it's silly to say noone wants to buy BBRY, because they do have a lot of valuable assets. The real question is "how much are companies willing to pay for BBRY."

It's a waiting game at this point for the best bang for the buck. But I personally expect the stock to drop some more, especially after the earnings report. I also think once it drops, there will be a reversal up again because of speculation of companies wanting to takeover the company at this new "low" share price.
    notfanboy likes this.
    09-16-13 10:10 PM
    BBRY will meet their expectations which is a loss for this quarter. They have stated that in their last conference call. Their guidance will be right just like the previous one where they said they would essentially break even for the last quarter. Unfortunately analysts' expectations are the ones that make the news. They will inflate realistic projections just like the last time just so they can say that BBRY did not meet expectations and make headlines to add to the negative bias of the uninformed general public.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    acovey likes this.
    09-16-13 10:34 PM
    Just post your "guess"..thats it.

Posted via CB10
    yep just post a guess and I will add you.
    09-17-13 02:48 AM
    yep just post a guess and I will add you.
    Do we post here or in that thread? And is that all devices shipped or just BB10 shipped?

Posted from my Z10
    09-17-13 03:37 AM
    Do we post here or in that thread? And is that all devices shipped or just BB10 shipped?

Posted from my Z10
    Post it here if you like and it is just bb10

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    09-17-13 03:51 AM
90 123 ...