03-11-13 12:15 AM
30 12
tools
    If new Z10 buyers no longer use BIS, do you think they will be excluded from the subscriber figure?
    No, they slipped in some wording into last ER that indicated they were changing how they counted subscribers that should account for this.

Actually, the interesting thing is that this change could provide a (misleading) upward tick in number of subscribers. I'll check later though - I don't have the actual wording where they indicated what they were doing differently.
    03-10-13 12:20 PM
    A couple of years ago RIM publicly announced that they would no longer provide subscriber numbers going forward. Then, mysteriously they continued to report this number. The subscriber number certainly has proven to be unreliable regarding device sales, revenue nor profits. It is almost a contrarian stat. As subscribers grow, profit decreases.
    03-10-13 08:05 PM
    If new Z10 buyers no longer use BIS, do you think they will be excluded from the subscriber figure?
    No, they are still using BIS features, they will be included in the sub base as far as I know from sorces inside. Plus there is still a fee going to BlackBerry from every sub! a reduced one yes, not worth a added plan yes but the carriers are still paying and there for charging for BIS services for non BES users!
    03-10-13 09:40 PM
    No, they are still using BIS features, they will be included in the sub base as far as I know from sorces inside. Plus there is still a fee going to BlackBerry from every sub! a reduced one yes, not worth a added plan yes but the carriers are still paying and there for charging for BIS services for non BES users!
    My provider BELL Canada require a BIS plan for the Z10. I had to change over my iPhone plan to use the new Z10.
    03-10-13 09:56 PM
    My provider BELL Canada require a BIS plan for the Z10. I had to change over my iPhone plan to use the new Z10.
    Interesting! takes my thoughts one step further! Thanks.
    03-11-13 12:15 AM
30 12