If you're long on Blackberry, than one down quarter isn't the end as long as they recover next quarter, and that isn't in yet, so relax. The quarter wasn't down much, it was only down a little from expectations. Come on, tell me honestly, how many companies have gone bankrupt because of one quarter that was a little below expectations?

Here's a good article that has a view for the long run.
    BlackBerry: Don't count Blackberry out yet!
    Last edited by Edward in Toronto; 07-01-13 at 06:51 PM.
    lang007, dusdal and mike869 like this.
    07-01-13 03:22 PM
    It's just one quarter. The paid trolls are running around CB screaming about the end. Many are "new" CB members. Please report them and they will be removed. It's amazing how many anti BlackBerry people are wasting their time on CB. The only problem is that they are paid to bash BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Jahcure and Jerale Hoard like this.
    07-01-13 06:46 PM
    If you're long on Blackberry, than one down quarter isn't the end as long as they recover next quarter, and that isn't in yet, so relax. The quarter wasn't down much, it was only down a little from expectations. Come on, tell me honestly, how many companies have gone bankrupt because of one quarter that was a little below expectations?

Here's a good article that has a view for the long run.
    BlackBerry: Don't count Blackberry out yet!
    That qtr is suppose to be the qtr that indicates demand for bb10 devices, it didn't materialize which indicates the demand are lower than expected. Next qtr and the qtr after that will be tougher and who knows but time is short.
    07-01-13 07:51 PM
    Thejules just joined 11 hours ago and posted over 30 troll posts. A Lot of paid trolls are on CB posting their Doom and gloom. One must ask themselves who would spend all that time to post on a company they dislike? The answer is some are paid to do so. Please report them and have them removed.

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 likes this.
    07-01-13 07:58 PM
    That qtr is suppose to be the qtr that indicates demand for bb10 devices, it didn't materialize which indicates the demand are lower than expected. Next qtr and the qtr after that will be tougher and who knows but time is short.
    Why was Q1 supposed to be the quarter that indicates demand for bb10 devices? Did you decide this?
    07-01-13 08:46 PM
    Personally, I think we will get a better read on it in Q2.

Don't count Blackberry out yet.-statcounter-mobile_os-ca-weekly-201319-201326.jpgDon't count Blackberry out yet.-uk.jpg
    07-01-13 08:48 PM
    It's just one quarter. The paid trolls are running around CB screaming about the end. Many are "new" CB members. Please report them and they will be removed. It's amazing how many anti BlackBerry people are wasting their time on CB. The only problem is that they are paid to bash BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    How's that tin foil hat working out for ya?

Posted via CB10
    bekkay likes this.
    07-01-13 08:50 PM
    How's that tin foil hat working out for ya?

Posted via CB10
    its workign out extremely well

i doubt anyone is a paid troll just someone that wants to try and stuff it in our faces that things were worse then expcted
    onethreealpha likes this.
    07-01-13 10:01 PM
    The worldwide BlackBerry 10 launch is barely half complete, and results do not include many Q10 sales

Q10, the cornerstone of strength for the company, only launched recently. Its contribution to earnings will not be meaningful until the third quarter (6 months)

BlackBerry was never considered a 3-6 month long idea. A major transition to a new platform, which requires carrier testing, support, and launch, takes time

Sweetened promotions from BlackBerry to carriers to get better visibility on the shelf were not done yet. Doing this when the Z10 and Q10 are both available in the U.S. would make sense.

BlackBerry increased sale by 15% from last quarter to $3.1 billion, and shipped 6.8 million smartphones. Sales grew by 30% from the last quarter in North America alone, and were even better in Asia, up 35%. Around 2.7 million units were BlackBerry 10 devices. Gross margins (GAAP) were around 40%.

The BlackBerry Enterprise Server software was installed, ordered, or downloaded by 18,000 companies, up from 12,000 in May 2013.

These are facts from an article I read a couple of hours ago, they are excepts, you can read the whole article here;
    Is It Time To Double Down On BlackBerry? - Seeking Alpha
    dusdal, Jahcure and onethreealpha like this.
    07-01-13 10:18 PM
    weird how people are looking for this magical next quarter when BBRY have already warned us that it is going to be bad - an indicator that they don't expect sales to pick up significantly.
    07-02-13 07:49 AM
    weird how people are looking for this magical next quarter when BBRY have already warned us that it is going to be bad - an indicator that they don't expect sales to pick up significantly.
    I thought it was simply because they expected expenses to be much higher than income next quarter. Did they say something about not expecting sales to increase much? I don't recall that from the ER.
    07-02-13 08:08 AM
    I've supported Blackberry. I own shares (essentially worthless today). I jumped on the Z10. I was hoping BB10 would be a home-run. It's not. Apps are abysmal. The phone is average at best. The sizzle of the Z10 is turning to fizzle.

I regretfully have to agree, BB is in a world of trouble. For whatever reasons BB just doesn't seem to "Get it".

I still pray for a "Magic Bullet" , but the realist in me accepts that it's "Two Minutes to Midnight"
    07-02-13 08:20 AM
    Heins said that the Z10 was what the market wanted, and that he expected it to outsell the Q10 3 to 1.

Then when the Q10 was released, he said that this is the BB people are familiar with, and it'll sell in tens of millions.

Either he is backpedaling, or has no idea of what the market wants. Both are dangerous indicators for a shareholder. I'm hoping that he provides some clarity at the AGM, and not the cryptic BS that characterized the earnings call.
    m0de25 likes this.
    07-02-13 08:32 AM