Seriously 3 weeks is a long time to still be fixing an alleged "Android Leak" problem. How half-baked was the BBM Cross platform at the initial release? Something is truly not right here and unfortunately, that's the general consensus of a few Project Managers that I have spoken with.

Won't it be so funny if the BBM Cross platform is successfully released after Prem Watsa acquires BlackBerry?
    10-09-13 05:07 PM
    I think they fired the guy who was supposed to switch the power on in Waterloo... They are all working in the dark apart from Thorsten Heinz... he has lights on his new Global Challenger..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-09-13 05:09 PM
    To be fair I think it it's postponed pending outcome of the company sale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-09-13 05:11 PM
    One possible conspiracy theory is that they wanted to publicly 'test the (iOS and Android) waters' for BBM demand, so as to show a potential bidder that there was some value to it regardless of what they decided to do with BlackBerry handsets. That being said, I doubt they could actually come up with such a plan and actually execute it.
    10-09-13 10:14 PM
    After the pending sale falls apart, it will be business as usual. The offer was probably conditional upon not releasing cross platform bbm! So who do you think is the culprit now? Not that I really care as I have a BlackBerry

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    10-09-13 10:28 PM
    Well, there are rumours that BBM Cross-platform might re-launch on October 18th. We shall see.
    10-10-13 10:11 AM
    After the pending sale falls apart, it will be business as usual. The offer was probably conditional upon not releasing cross platform bbm! So who do you think is the culprit now?
    That would be horrendous if that's the case. Trying to gain in the sale process at the expense of people's expectations.
    10-10-13 10:21 AM
    Nope they just have to have the sale of the company details finalized first so that the stock going up if launched successful this time won't impact the deal!
    10-10-13 01:51 PM
    Yes it has to be perfect.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    10-10-13 02:16 PM
    Does it have to be perfect.... ?

Perfect NO. Better than any other mature messaging platform available... YES, or why would someone switch to it?

BlackBerry (and some fans of BlackBerry) are like a person that is drowning.... grasping at anything, even tiny straw like BBM in the hope that it will be enough to save them. I can see BB having 20 or 30 million users in no time... but I can't see how that turns into operating revenues in time to save BB.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-10-13 02:21 PM
    Perfect? No.
    But it damn well better be as close to perfect as they can get. The very last thing BlackBerry needs right now is another screw up. Given what happened with the initial launch releasing BBM cross platform and have it be buggy will result in backlash like you have never seen.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-10-13 10:00 PM
    You probably have a good point.

Perfect? No.
    But it damn well better be as close to perfect as they can get. The very last thing BlackBerry needs right now is another screw up. Given what happened with the initial launch releasing BBM cross platform and have it be buggy will result in backlash like you have never seen.
    10-11-13 07:28 AM
    I remember when people were saying that it was fine for BB10 to not be released before 2013, because it would give devs more time to fix bugs and bring in more third party apps. How did that work out?

At this point, neither consumers nor Wall Street/Bay Street considers Blackberry to be anything other than a has-been that cannot compete. I say they release cross platform BBM even if it is 80% ready.
    10-14-13 10:14 AM
    Just being a "devil's advocate", won't the counter argument be that prior to early 2013 BlackBerry had more room for errors/mistake than now that BlackBerry seems to have the "writing on the wall". I agree with your point, as my post indicates, but maybe the public/consumers will not be as forgiving as some of us might be if they bungled this BBM X relaunch. This BBM Cross platform is probably BlacKBerry's last "Hail Mary" chance to redeem the tarnished brand name and maybe that's why they are not taking chances to rush it out. Time shall tell.

I remember when people were saying that it was fine for BB10 to not be released before 2013, because it would give devs more time to fix bugs and bring in more third party apps. How did that work out?

At this point, neither consumers nor Wall Street/Bay Street considers Blackberry to be anything other than a has-been that cannot compete. I say they release cross platform BBM even if it is 80% ready.
    10-14-13 11:45 AM