I never bought as I was not convinced BB was on the path to profitability. Communications and guidance from this company are abysmal. Investors have to have some idea of where this company is going and they are getting no information.

BB has been a speculative play for a number of years and it is still so. I think BB10 was the hail-Mary pass and it didn't work or at least well enough. Perhaps this is because the whole tablet and smartphone space has matured and unless you are already big, there is no money to be made.

TH and company now have to look at their strategic options. In any case, the best hope is for investors to recoup some of their losses but I doubt there is much money to be made.
    I will have to respectfully disagree with you. I think TH has been pretty honest so far as far as their game plan is concerned. He has said that the smartphone and tablet market is highly competitive and that is why I think their long term plan is to get revenue through services and revenue. I could be wrong and TH could be feeding us a bunch of lies but so far, everything has been playing out the way that he said it would.

It is still early and it looks like the game plan is looking like to get away from the hardware business and more into the service business.
    06-28-13 11:03 PM
    Good chance to buy. Remember that the shorties still have to buy at some point to cover. There is massive latent upward pressure on this stock.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    06-28-13 11:30 PM
    I don't let one day determine my long position. Holding on.
    06-29-13 01:02 AM
    No rofl, I feel sorry for whoever did. I made that mistake once in the past before, and it was not a one I am willing to repeat.
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    06-29-13 01:07 AM
    I did not sell my shares but I only invested $2,000 at a price of $17.

For me I am going to give Blackberry 2 years from today to turn this thing around.

Today really sucked since I wanted BBRY to rally before my birthday tomorrow. Oh well. I am still long BBRY because I believe in the potential service revenue that they will be able to get in the future.
    First of, happy birthday.

Now, to answer your question, I did not sell my shares. I bought more instead. Call me crazy, but I believe in the company and its products.
    06-29-13 01:16 AM
    First of, happy birthday.

Now, to answer your question, I did not sell my shares. I bought more instead. Call me crazy, but I believe in the company and its products.
    Thank you my brotha!
    06-29-13 03:14 AM
    You know what it is. I understand that there's still value and the company can grow. I get that.

But for me the problem is that you come on after letting everyone down and the first thing we hear is about the playbook. Now you get me thinking #1 the numbers aren't so great. #2 something seems wrong.... Can be like delaying phone releases and so on, It just seems like things were falling apart abit. ALSO if we got down to $4 in the near term I wouldn't forgive myself for not getting out at $11. Sometimes you can't leave a position and think at any moment it will come back and sometimes it never does. Like Apple for example they have tons of money and people keep throwing more at it saying it will bounce back no problem, but in my opinion it will have some gains at some points but continue to keep going down. People will say HEY at $350 it's soo cheap for apple. Then it keeps heading down.

It's too bad really because some signs were obvious. The one guy leaving for Google in the UK. Why would he quit if things were going really well? He might have anyway but you never know.
    Drop before earnings is never a good sign im not sure why I didn't get any red flags at the end of the day and bought more. I bought into the hype too much I guess.

The American response is understandable but didn't seem to be any bit of hope from anything before earnings to suggest that they were making alot of sales there.

AGAIN this company has no debt so they can stay around and might gradually grow. But it's going to take them time. All I have to say is that if this company hopes to stay in the game the A10 better be a GAME changer. It really has to be the must have phone.
    06-29-13 06:29 AM
    I sold at $90 years ago and have never bought it back. I've learned my lesson about doubling down back in the tech wreck days. There are other places to invest your money until BBRY can demonstrate that they will survive.

There's no point in touching this stock for the rest of the year. There will be no catalyst for any kind of price appreciation.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 06:37 AM
    I sold at $90 years ago and have never bought it back. I've learned my lesson about doubling down back in the tech wreck days. There are other places to invest your money until BBRY can demonstrate that they will survive.

There's no point in touching this stock for the rest of the year. There will be no catalyst for any kind of price appreciation.

Posted via CB10
    I told everyone in the "I love bb I buy shares" thread the same thing on 12/4/11. They blew off my advice. I told them that the stock was volatile and to stay away from it. They were convinced by day traders that they were making a good investment.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    06-29-13 07:56 AM
    I panicked but I didn't sell. I'm long for at least 1 year, max 2 year's.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 10:51 AM
    I did not sell my shares but I only invested $2,000 at a price of $17.

For me I am going to give Blackberry 2 years from today to turn this thing around.

Today really sucked since I wanted BBRY to rally before my birthday tomorrow. Oh well. I am still long BBRY because I believe in the potential service revenue that they will be able to get in the future.
    Good buying opportunity. It was oversold.
    06-29-13 10:53 AM
    I told everyone in the "I love bb I buy shares" thread the same thing on 12/4/11. They blew off my advice. I told them that the stock was volatile and to stay away from it. They were convinced by day traders that they were making a good investment.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    The question isn't whether to invest or not, but rather how to invest. You are right that right now BBRY is volatile, but that doesn't mean it's a bad investment for those that are savvy. You just need to know when to get in and out and not put all your money in at once.

For instance If I bought at $7, I would still be in a profitable position and I would probably be looking to buy more. Also, if I bought at $7, I would have sold half my position or more by now when it was up in the high teens. And look to reenter lower on a pull back or higher on a breakout.

Just because the stock went down doesn't mean everyone should just listen to your investment advice and simply not invest at all and stay away.

I'm actually looking to get in soon as I view this as a buying oppertunity.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gwanstarr; 06-29-13 at 01:43 PM.
    06-29-13 11:22 AM
    Bought 300 more. Holding till next year when I expect a better story.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 12:09 PM
    Sold out my entire position of 4100 shares. No loss from when I purchased. I might consider buying back in when it goes under $9. They need to make some big changes before my confidence is renewed.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 12:31 PM
    Thank you for all the insight people.
    06-29-13 03:24 PM
    Sold everything, I'm afraid I've lost confidence which is really upsetting but it's the truth. I may buy back in future

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:44 PM
    I will have to respectfully disagree with you. I think TH has been pretty honest so far as far as their game plan is concerned. He has said that the smartphone and tablet market is highly competitive and that is why I think their long term plan is to get revenue through services and revenue. I could be wrong and TH could be feeding us a bunch of lies but so far, everything has been playing out the way that he said it would.

It is still early and it looks like the game plan is looking like to get away from the hardware business and more into the service business.
    The problem with that hope is that TH is losing in the services business too. TH is going to be even more obscure as to what is happening to his business overall going forward. The only thing I believe is that the company will continue to lose customers and money. The only question remaining is whether TH can capitalise on a "strategic initiative" (read a merger or breakup and sale) before the company is forced to do so at fire sale prices.
    Tommy Huynh likes this.
    06-29-13 11:53 PM
42 12