I did not sell my shares but I only invested $2,000 at a price of $17.

For me I am going to give Blackberry 2 years from today to turn this thing around.

Today really sucked since I wanted BBRY to rally before my birthday tomorrow. Oh well. I am still long BBRY because I believe in the potential service revenue that they will be able to get in the future.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    06-28-13 05:28 PM
    no, and will probably buy more when it drops a bit more. This is temporary
    06-28-13 05:31 PM
    Same as above.
    Tommy Huynh likes this.
    06-28-13 05:37 PM
    I unloaded all my shares. Sustained heavy losses. They will not be recouped even with a turnaround or buyout. Sucky was to start a weekend.
    mikelcal likes this.
    06-28-13 05:39 PM
    No chance. We have only just begun.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 05:39 PM
    Hopefully only the shorts sold today! You would have to have no knowledge in investing/stocks to sell today if you were long.

Rockin a New Z10
    06-28-13 06:10 PM
    I'm holding but I think $13-$16 trading range people have been playing has to be reduced to $10-$14. I will be reducing at $14 if it gets that high.

I know the guys in waterloo are working hard. They launched 10.0, 10.1 came shortly after, 10.2 coming really soon.

I'm still optimistic about mdm, mobile transactions business and m2m and I'm glad Tat is still working on new things.

It's a competitive business. HTC losing money, nokia losing money, Motorola losing money, Sony losing money but in the end blackberry has a profitable software side that's very profitable.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 06:30 PM
    I unloaded all my shares. Sustained heavy losses. They will not be recouped even with a turnaround or buyout. Sucky was to start a weekend.
    Haha thank you for your insight but I sure hope that you are wrong.
    06-28-13 06:42 PM
    I hope to have some extra cash to buy some more as well.
    06-28-13 06:49 PM
    Held mine. Not going to sell on emotion on a sell off that didn't make sense. The numbers weren't great but it wasn't bad. It was still a yoy increase and the plan moving forward is as it was. It was only a miss because a lot of analysts upped their projection over the last two weeks. Now it was a big miss over what I was expecting, personally, and worth a pull back, but not to the scale it did.
    No. But glad I sold some options on Thursday. Have to research when 2016 leaps come out

Posted via CB10
    No but I only put in what I was willing to lose. Looks like that is going to happen.
    06-28-13 07:54 PM
    Bold move... What's temporary about it? BlackBerry needs the consumer market. What have they done to show you that they get it? The z10 is on the verge of being eol (in the US), they don't have any new and exciting products on the rise. The fall will belong to Apple/ Google and whatever new products they have ie smartphones, software, tvs, wearable technology etc etc. There are plenty of stocks that are making money, why waste your time on blackberry?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-28-13 07:56 PM
    I'm long from the beginning, that's what it means, long. Don't invest money you can't miss. BB came back about 6 months ago and Rome wasn't build in a day. Good for practising my patience
    Bilaal and BlackistheBerry like this.
    06-28-13 08:03 PM
    Unloaded mine, luckily not at a loss due to when I got in.

The lack of marketing, guidance and general lack of communication, and hell lack of SALES has convinced me that no mater how much of a fan of the device i am, they are not on the right track. Too many delays, broken promises and failure to market. Instead of sponsoring MLS and a racecar team they should have adds everywhere and people hitting the street getting the message out. They are building a cash horde, for christ sake USE IT TO SELL DEVICES!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter how great the device is, this launch is a botch.
    06-28-13 08:27 PM
    Sold half my position, at a HUGE loss, I would have held onto them longer if the guidance was positive but TH sounded defensive and beaten in the call. I think there will be ample opportunities to buy back in between now and ......If I want to.
    06-28-13 08:41 PM
    I sold mine off. At a big loss. I wasn't prepared to sit at $6-9 and the otherfactors in my reasoning were.

#1 only 2.7 million I would expect this quarter to be better. Shocked really that the z10 couldnt get any traction. Yes the Q10 is out. How many tens of millions you think? Even with all that I might have stayed.

Then what made me super angry.

While everyone was in utter SHOCK trying to get a grasp of things and how the stock was already $3 less. Heinze comes on and just squashes the hope for playbook. Personally im ok with my playbook but while everyone is freaking out you come and drop that huge bomb.

You could tell in his voice reading the script that he was feeling the heat for sure.

Im not mad they missed the street im mad that when everyone is in shock you come on and drop the playbook bomb. You should have waited another month then say you will provide an update. Then release a nice rosey statement as to why its not coming.

But hey your down 33% and by the way no BB10 for playbook.

Kick everyone while their down. Again It would have been nice to have BB10 on playbook its why I bought mine. But I found I like my playbook anyways. Just why on the confrence call that was really low in my opinion
    06-28-13 08:49 PM
    I covered 100% of my short position today, don't hate, I love BlackBerry, but just because I trade one way doesn't me I feel the same way about the brand.
    06-28-13 08:56 PM
    Bold move... What's temporary about it? BlackBerry needs the consumer market. What have they done to show you that they get it? The z10 is on the verge of being eol (in the US), they don't have any new and exciting products on the rise. The fall will belong to Apple/ Google and whatever new products they have ie smartphones, software, tvs, wearable technology etc etc. There are plenty of stocks that are making money, why waste your time on blackberry?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    No one said that BlackBerry has to make their market in handsets, and who knows, they might go positive if they continue to excel in MDM which they most likely will, there is some serious upside to BBRY if they play it right, just not in the short term, and possibly not with consumer products. If you are a regular BBRY user, then you don't use 90% of what it is to have a BlackBerry.
    Tommy Huynh likes this.
    06-28-13 08:59 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    not the time to sell or panic ...
    06-28-13 08:59 PM
    Well if I think they are going to the $6-9 a share then you can bet they will pass $13 soon lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    06-28-13 09:04 PM
    Sold half at a large loss. Mainly because 2.7 mill shipped bb10s and and no clue how many sold. Plus, a knee in the nuts about the PlayBook when the stock was already down 18%. Also, Heins comments like the Q10 has a colour screen and a querty keyboard was one of the most embarrassing things I've heard from (what I thought) was a very smart, calculated CEO. I lost a lot of respect for management today. The insensitivity towards shareholders and their attempt at # obscurity was irrogant, condescending and disrespectful. I hope July 9 brings some real change or I'm out.
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-28-13 09:50 PM
    I never bought as I was not convinced BB was on the path to profitability. Communications and guidance from this company are abysmal. Investors have to have some idea of where this company is going and they are getting no information.

BB has been a speculative play for a number of years and it is still so. I think BB10 was the hail-Mary pass and it didn't work or at least well enough. Perhaps this is because the whole tablet and smartphone space has matured and unless you are already big, there is no money to be made.

TH and company now have to look at their strategic options. In any case, the best hope is for investors to recoup some of their losses but I doubt there is much money to be made.
    06-28-13 10:01 PM
    I covered 100% of my short position today, don't hate, I love BlackBerry, but just because I trade one way doesn't me I feel the same way about the brand.
    Hey man you do what you have to do. I was thinking about shorting before earnings but I don't know how.
    06-28-13 10:52 PM
    No. Still holding strong.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:53 PM
42 12