OP starts the thread off without a link or source .... convenient.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you're not suggesting some kind of crazy tin foil hat conspiracy here...

Samsung investigated in Taiwan for fake negative HTC One reviews online - News - Trusted Reviews
    BBC News - Fake forum comments are 'eroding' trust in the web
    Facebook Targets 76 Million Fake Users In War On Bogus Accounts - Business Insider

Because surely we would be aware of fake marketing online by now?
    09-04-13 08:23 PM
    SORRY TO BREAK ALL YOU SKEPTICS HEARTS....BUT.... ITS TRUE.

Let me explain.

I watch Lang and Oleary religiously. They talk about RIM frequently on this show. Yesterday, Kevin pointed that US carriers have pretty much given up on BB10. He points to his Q10 and says that Verizon will no longer honor his "World" cell phone plan that he uses as he travels quite frequently. They said if he wants the "World plan" back, he has to downgrade to a BOLD.

So, on todays show, he says he is going to NY tmrw, and will trade in his Q10 and downgrade to a Bold so that he can get his World Plan back.

Sorry to say it guys, Blackberry is on a major downward spiral.
    So you just said yourself. This is a Verizon issue not a blackberry issue, you said he's leaving because of the Verizon world service not because of the BlackBerry Q10 hardware or software itself..........................

From Q10/HTC One aka Batman & Robin
    bigbikeguy likes this.
    09-04-13 08:24 PM
    SORRY TO BREAK ALL YOU SKEPTICS HEARTS....BUT.... ITS TRUE.

Let me explain.

I watch Lang and Oleary religiously. They talk about RIM frequently on this show. Yesterday, Kevin pointed that US carriers have pretty much given up on BB10. He points to his Q10 and says that Verizon will no longer honor his "World" cell phone plan that he uses as he travels quite frequently. They said if he wants the "World plan" back, he has to downgrade to a BOLD.

So, on todays show, he says he is going to NY tmrw, and will trade in his Q10 and downgrade to a Bold so that he can get his World Plan back.

Sorry to say it guys, Blackberry is on a major downward spiral.
    They won't honour his Verizon plan because of his phone (hardware)? Really?

I don't understand. What's the difference between a BlackBerry Bold and a Q10?
    09-04-13 08:34 PM
    So you just said yourself. This is a Verizon issue not a blackberry issue, you said he's leaving because of the Verizon world service not because of the BlackBerry Q10 hardware or software itself..........................

So why won't Verizon offer this plan on the Q10 anymore? Why alienate potential BB10 buyers? Thats exactly what they have done.

its not the BB product is bad, its the Carriers that dont give a crap anymore. Think about it.
    badiyee and DS1331 like this.
    09-04-13 09:04 PM
    So why won't Verizon offer this plan on the Q10 anymore? Why alienate potential BB10 buyers? Thats exactly what they have done.

its not the BB product is bad, its the Carriers that dont give a crap anymore. Think about it.
    Iff the carriers didn't give a crap about BlackBerry anymore why would they still be offering the world plan on a BB07 phone? The service is still there for a reason I'm guessing they can't hate it that much. I think there's some details were missing on this issue

09-04-13 09:08 PM

The Q10 is LTE. Is the Bold? It's probably a grandfathered international 3G plan. Nothing about carriers having any issues with the phone. There is a lot of effort going around to blame everyone but Blackberry for the fact that the phones don't sell well.
    09-04-13 09:46 PM
    I don't think this can be faulted on the phone.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-04-13 09:59 PM
    The reasons are something to do with BIS. I know that UAE Etisalat also offers a global unlimited roaming data on BIS, but not for normal data plans. The Verizon issue could be related to this.

09-04-13 10:00 PM
    BB10 does not use BIS, meaning it uses much more data than BBOS... it still doesnt seem like it would matter, but u guess they are trying to say that the data transfer is more so it isnt possible to keep that plan
    09-04-13 10:03 PM
    The reasons are something to do with BIS. I know that UAE Etisalat also offers a global unlimited roaming data on BIS, but not for normal data plans. The Verizon issue could be related to this.
    Of course, I didn't even think about that. My Q10 looks to use something like 3-5 times as much data as my 9650.
    09-04-13 10:25 PM
    But I thought he was using a Z10.
    09-04-13 10:28 PM
    I call bullsh*t.

Posted via CB10
    bigbikeguy likes this.
    09-04-13 10:30 PM
    So a rich guy like Oleary isn't able to pay a Canadian carrier like the rest of us?? Haha.

Posted via CB10
    soren203 likes this.
    09-04-13 10:30 PM
    Kevin is downgrading from q10 to the bold wow what does that tell you

Posted via CB10
    Who is Kevin....LOL
    09-04-13 10:35 PM
    it tells me that the OLD BBOS and BOLD are STILL better than CURRENT iphone and samsung.
    Better than BB10 as well?
    09-05-13 05:28 AM
    But I thought he was using a Z10.
    He switches phones like I switch underwear.

On the last 2 recent episodes, he was definitley waving around a Q10 that he was using when talking about how he was going to switch it to a Bold. He also mentioned about a week ago, that he ordered a Nokia phone, the one with the 41 mega pix cam.
    Speedygi likes this.
    09-05-13 07:13 AM
    So a rich guy like Oleary isn't able to pay a Canadian carrier like the rest of us?? Haha.

Posted via CB10
    How do you think he got so rich? Instead of getting raped by Canadian carriers, he takes advantage of the cheaper Verizon world plan.
    09-05-13 07:15 AM
    It's got to be the contracts. If people have another year or 2 years left -or, they are happy with the phone that they have, why switch??? They really need a better incentives program.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:20 AM
    Better than BB10 as well?
    Not really, just that companies are not ready to restructure their IT setups to allow BB10 devices. My uncle is in a very senior position at a North American company that does A LOT of business... they told him Bold 9900 is the latest devices supported bc they dont know if they are moving to BB10. BUT, they can use any iPhone or Android devices ONLY because those work with the current BB software the company is running in IT.

BB Software!
    09-05-13 01:50 PM
    He should upgrade to the Z10 and ditch the PKB!
    09-05-13 02:33 PM
    He is a loud mouth tv personality that will stick his finger up in the air and say whatever direction the wind is blowing.
    09-05-13 09:51 PM
    I believe it. If you travel a lot, the older BlackBerry devices are much better than the new ones. The BB10 devices are never truly unlocked. Whether or not you can edit the APN settings is completely determined by the inserted SIM card. The older BlackBerry smartphones allow users to edit the APN no matter what as long as the device is unlocked.

BB10 sucks for travelers compared to normal smart phones.
    09-05-13 10:24 PM
    I saw the same episode (of this biz program), and remember Amanda Lang (a female counterpart of Kevin O'Leary) was sarcastically poking fun of him losing money by investing in BBRY. Kevin must have lost the bet on the BB10. Embarrassing as supposedly an investment guru, LOL. Amanda poked him a few times but Kevin never responded to that.
    Djlatino likes this.
    09-05-13 10:38 PM
    He dun goof'd in investing and choosing BB10.

It was about Canadian pride for the most part but whatcha gunna do. BB is full of disappointments but overall, BB10 needs to get finished pronto (The OS wasn't finished when released, let's get serious) and polish BB10 much as possible by the time the Z30 is out.

If BB10 is not in tip top shape in comparison to mature OS's, BBRY is gunna have a bad day.

Keep it together man!

09-05-13 10:48 PM
    What are your sales?

We project billions.

Project? Do you have any actual sales?

Sure, about 7 years ago we were the market leader...

And then what happened?

Well we're still projecting millions of sales for the upcoming quarter after next

What about this quarter?

Well we're still new.

I thought you said 7 years ago you were the market leader?

We were, but now we're new

OK, you came out here strong and I was interested but I just can't invest in something I can't wrap my head around. I'll have to be out.
    Too bad the Royal Canadian Air Farce is not still on television. They could turn this idea into a comedy spoof of "The Dragon's Den" with Thorsten Hens pitching BlackBerry smartphones. ROFLMAO ^ LOL
    09-05-13 11:01 PM
68 123