thanks for sharing. Good read IMO
    10-16-13 09:24 PM
    Good read. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 09:56 PM
    Excellent read.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 10:56 PM
    This why you need to use BlackBerry, period.

Posted via CB10
    blusls likes this.
    10-17-13 01:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 03:10 AM
    A bunch of PR mumbo-jumbo confusing the issue of government surveillance and run-of-the-mill malware.

I guess better than when Lazaridis cried "No fair" and walked out on the BBC interview when he was asked why he granted access to BBM and BIS to tyrannical governments in the Middle East.
    10-17-13 03:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why? Blackberry gave up keys to servers before. You think they are exempt? The article is also a bit biased..
    10-17-13 03:46 PM
    A bit biased? No, completely biased. It's a BlackBerry fluff piece.

MDM can provide security, regardless of the phone manufacturer.
    10-18-13 07:56 AM
    A bit biased? No, completely biased. It's a BlackBerry fluff piece.

MDM can provide security, regardless of the phone manufacturer.
    There is very little in there that applies only to BlackBerry. However, they do tout their own products (of course they do). Scott is very bright, and I know him personally, and he can go MUCH farther in depth than this. This piece was written for the lowest common denominator. The line that really matters in this piece is "trust, but verify". That is what is is all about. You cannot exist in the mobile world without trusting your information to some external entity. But that trust should not be blind.
    10-18-13 08:11 AM
    There is very little in there that applies only to BlackBerry. However, they do tout their own products (of course they do). Scott is very bright, and I know him personally, and he can go MUCH farther in depth than this. This piece was written for the lowest common denominator. The line that really matters in this piece is "trust, but verify". That is what is is all about. You cannot exist in the mobile world without trusting your information to some external entity. But that trust should not be blind.
    Agree 100%. And I don't know Scott, and hope you didn't think I meant to disparage his opinion. But it's a pro BlackBerry piece.

That the site allowed him to finish with this bit soured the whole article for me:

At BlackBerry, that means we have teams dedicated to the security that is at the core of everything we do. We build our solutions without “backdoors” or compromise. Trust, but verify; hold your partners accountable to be transparent and prove that they are protecting your information.

I lived the "trust, but verify" mantra. I got it. And BB has certainly earned the trust of governments worldwide. But, it comes off as more of an advertisement than an informational article.
    10-18-13 08:37 AM
    Agree 100%. And I don't know Scott, and hope you didn't think I meant to disparage his opinion. But it's a pro BlackBerry piece.

That the site allowed him to finish with this bit soured the whole article for me:

At BlackBerry, that means we have teams dedicated to the security that is at the core of everything we do. We build our solutions without backdoors or compromise. Trust, but verify; hold your partners accountable to be transparent and prove that they are protecting your information.

I lived the "trust, but verify" mantra. I got it. And BB has certainly earned the trust of governments worldwide. But, it comes off as more of an advertisement than an informational article.
    Wait, don't they need any positive traction they can get? Can any of the other manufacturers make the same claims about security that BlackBerry can for business? And at least someone is speaking about something positive. I'm just saying.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 01:06 PM