they will seperate out the z10 sales for sure. investors would be quite upset if they didnt
    I certainly hope they separate out the Z10 sales. Nokia didn't separate out their WP8 sales, but I guess the difference between WP8 and WP7 isn't as great.
    02-23-13 02:40 PM
    rumored 16,000 z10 shipped to SAP ... zee germanzz
    Last edited by Fionn; 03-19-13 at 11:45 PM.
    plane6065 and Acumenight like this.
    02-23-13 04:39 PM
    rumored 16,000 z10 shipped to SAP ... zee germazz
    Source? I don't know what phone SAP is currently using , but this be great either way! Thank you
    02-23-13 06:52 PM
    I am guessing the 16,000 number came from here: BlackBerry 10 Looking Good, Says SAP CIO - CIO.com

That would be assuming that all SAP blackberry users got upgraded at once, including in countries which haven't launched yet.

That's a bit much to believe.

Interesting part of the article is the split of devices:
    20k iphones
    20k ipads
    4000 Samsung Android
    16000 Blackberry

Quote:
    SAP, based in Walldorf, Germany, has around 55,000 employees worldwide and already manages a complex ecosystem of 20,000 Apple iPads, a similar number of iPhones, and 4,000 Samsung Android handsets. Among its user base, it has about 16,000 BlackBerry users, he said. SAP is a beta tester of BlackBerry 10.
    02-23-13 07:05 PM
    I am guessing the 16,000 number came from here: BlackBerry 10 Looking Good, Says SAP CIO - CIO.com

That would be assuming that all SAP blackberry users got upgraded at once, including in countries which haven't launched yet.

That's a bit much to believe.

Interesting part of the article is the split of devices:
    20k iphones
    20k ipads
    4000 Samsung Android
    16000 Blackberry

Quote:
    SAP, based in Walldorf, Germany, has around 55,000 employees worldwide and already manages a complex ecosystem of 20,000 Apple iPads, a similar number of iPhones, and 4,000 Samsung Android handsets. Among its user base, it has about 16,000 BlackBerry users, he said. SAP is a beta tester of BlackBerry 10.
    Thank you! The article is dated jan 9/13. Hopefully nothing has change since. It is critical that BB get the confidence and support of the corporate users. Losing Home Depot / Mall of Amercia aren't the worst news, but you don't want to see that as a trend. BB gave a lot BB 10 to lot of businesses as beta users. If they get a lot of positive response and sell, it will help BB to sell their platform and future possible sales of their Q10.
    EvanRitch likes this.
    02-23-13 07:58 PM
    Negative press, stock tanking. I can not wait to buy call options before earnings! Please take BBRY below $10. PLEASE!
    Last edited by kfh227; 02-24-13 at 12:07 PM.
    fedakd and Bugmapper like this.
    02-23-13 09:26 PM
    Source? I don't know what phone SAP is currently using , but this be great either way! Thank you
    Yes....another poster was touting this in another thread, but suddenly went silent when I asked for a source. I knew about SAP beta, and they've always been big supporters of RIM, but I haven't heard anything about them buying 16,000 BB's, and they support other devices.

It's becoming another CB misinformation item.
    02-23-13 09:40 PM
    I disagree as I take the view that they want to be able to show massive foreign sales etc to turn the 'momentum' / US perception around of being a total fail. This is why they have opened so many more markets than ever expected. Unit shipped=Unit sold. They are pushing these out like hot cakes to have a big 'win' surprise BEFORE US launch...So they have to announce in early March if you believe, like I do, that is their strategy.
    agreed i believe BBRY will announce their earnings early march rather than march 28th. if they are confident with their #'s, this info will make great segway into the release of the Z10 in the US.
    02-24-13 12:04 AM
    Bull predicion by Indian tech show, Launch Monday morning 6am PST live by one of top hottest bollywood actor, he received all top awards this year..Mumbai population alone 18 millions, 5 big cities alone more than 100 million population. Millions of high income users that include politicians, enterprises, actors, high tech companies such as TATA, Wipro, tech support centres, progammers..
    Is the BlackBerry comeback already on? : NDTV Gadgets

whisper un-confirmed pre-order number is 50k,
    Remember all Z10 left the BB warehouse considered sold even if they have not made to consumers..
    02-24-13 01:04 AM
    Most of the Z10's purchased right now are going to be by consumers, rather than corporate. Not a lot of companies have fully upgraded to BES10, and so companies are not rolling out BB10 devices this quickly. For old BB's, it was easier for companies to buy large batches of new ones because it's only an update to BES and the phone can run fine.

Frankly, in my view, the Z10 doesn't NEED to sell like iPhones, S3's, etc. It's a gen one product. BB just needs to stabilize the business and hope the drop in sales of legacy BB phones aren't too quick (unlike symbian). The way BB has carved up the market is actually pretty good. Rather than cannibalize legacy OS7 phones, BB10 is being pitched as high end phones that have different feature sets than old OS 7 phones (BIS, compression, etc.). Hopefully BB can balance the two OS' properly, unlike Nokia, which is being destroyed by slow sales in WP8 and collapsing sales for Symbian.
    EchoTango likes this.
    02-24-13 01:38 AM
    If you have doubt on how well the Z10 is and will sell, the following news may enlighten you a little.
    --------------------------------------
    Excerptions from
    Emirate 24/7
    Is limited supply hampering BlackBerry Z10 sales in the UAE?
    By Joseph George
    Published Thursday, February 21, 2013

Axiom Telecom, BlackBerry�s official resellers in the UAE, had earlier announced that the new BlackBerry Z10 is accounting for almost 60 per cent of all handset sales across its UAE stores since being available on February 10. "The UAE�s response to the Z10 has been truly remarkable, and we are set for huge, record-breaking sales,� said Faisal Al Bannai, CEO, Axiom Telecom
    eMax, another UAE electronics retailer, too said BlackBerry Z10 stocks continue to remain thin. �We still have stocks, but they are limited. Ever since BlackBerry launched its Z10, it has been the No. 1 seller. We still have Samsungs and iPhones selling but they have been pushed to No. 2 and 3 spots,� said another sales staff.
    02-24-13 02:12 AM
    Kevin, can you at least give us some comfort by saying Canaccord and those guys are completely out of whack?
    Im no KM but have a look at my signature. It's comforting math to me

There's some interesting numbers in this post as well for people to debate/shread .)

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...pper37-775303/!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 02-24-13 at 06:42 AM.
    sonbuster likes this.
    02-24-13 06:04 AM
    Yes....another poster was touting this in another thread, but suddenly went silent when I asked for a source. I knew about SAP beta, and they've always been big supporters of RIM, but I haven't heard anything about them buying 16,000 BB's, and they support other devices.

It's becoming another CB misinformation item.
    Check the post again buddy, no one went silent but you! This is the source! That's how I quoted it! I know you think your fairly adept at convicing people with your long winded posts but like I said already. Your arguments lack substance!

BlackBerry 10 Looking Good, Says SAP CIO - CIO.com
    zyben likes this.
    02-24-13 06:10 AM
    Great conversation guys.
    02-24-13 06:24 AM
    Check the post again buddy, no one went silent but you! This is the source! That's how I quoted it! I know you think your fairly adept at convicing people with your long winded posts but like I said already. Your arguments lack substance!

BlackBerry 10 Looking Good, Says SAP CIO - CIO.com
    Just trying to sort this out. SAP has 16,000 BB in service, but it doesn't say they ordered 16,000? They are test driving the Z10 and like what they see so far?
    02-24-13 06:56 AM
    If you read the companies last earnings report it says that BBRY expects "very little revenue" from BB10 for this quarter. Notice they say revenue and not earnings. This has me worried that the expectations of millions sold thus far are way too high. I think BBRY knew since last earnings report that this was going to be a staggered roll out. Starting in the countries where they have the greatest support.
    backfire101 likes this.
    02-24-13 07:23 AM
    Very little revenue does not mean much because they most likely gave the carriers dating on their order for Z10's. Meaning 60 to 90 days to pay. For a new product in my business this would be typical anyhow.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 08:01 AM
    Most of the Z10's purchased right now are going to be by consumers, rather than corporate. Not a lot of companies have fully upgraded to BES10, and so companies are not rolling out BB10 devices this quickly. For old BB's, it was easier for companies to buy large batches of new ones because it's only an update to BES and the phone can run fine.

Frankly, in my view, the Z10 doesn't NEED to sell like iPhones, S3's, etc. It's a gen one product. BB just needs to stabilize the business and hope the drop in sales of legacy BB phones aren't too quick (unlike symbian). The way BB has carved up the market is actually pretty good. Rather than cannibalize legacy OS7 phones, BB10 is being pitched as high end phones that have different feature sets than old OS 7 phones (BIS, compression, etc.). Hopefully BB can balance the two OS' properly, unlike Nokia, which is being destroyed by slow sales in WP8 and collapsing sales for Symbian.

The problem they have with legacy models is not so much the software but rather the hardware. They don't have great NEW low end hardware . BB still needs competitive hardware for their BB7 markets and I am not sure they have it for India, Nigeria and Indonesia. BB needs China . I don't see a viable China strategy.
    02-24-13 10:02 AM
    Im no KM but have a look at my signature. It's comforting math to me

There's some interesting numbers in this post as well for people to debate/shread .)

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...pper37-775303/!
    great sig
    02-24-13 10:05 AM
    Bull predicion by Indian tech show, Launch Monday morning 6am PST live by one of top hottest bollywood actor, he received all top awards this year..Mumbai population alone 18 millions, 5 big cities alone more than 100 million population. Millions of high income users that include politicians, enterprises, actors, high tech companies such as TATA, Wipro, tech support centres, progammers..
    Is the BlackBerry comeback already on? : NDTV Gadgets

whisper un-confirmed pre-order number is 50k,
    Remember all Z10 left the BB warehouse considered sold even if they have not made to consumers..
    What's your source for the preorders? If true that would be amazing, but I find 50k to be unbelievable. iPhone 5, even with Apple's stepped up marketing efforts, sold ~100k in India during its first MONTH. Even Canada's preorder total was estimated at ~20k.
    02-24-13 11:28 AM
    What's your source for the preorders? If true that would be amazing, but I find 50k to be unbelievable. iPhone 5, even with Apple's stepped up marketing efforts, sold ~100k in India during its first MONTH. Even Canada's preorder total was estimated at ~20k.
    where's the source for analysts calling for 300K sold and 90% failure rate?
    JGuez likes this.
    02-24-13 11:33 AM
    india is FAR larger then canada, and has a very business-oriented mentality that plays to the strengths and reputation of blackberry. It would not surprise me to see indian preorder numbers 2-3X higher than canadian, particularly as they are mid-way in the rollout order and demand will be pent-up
    02-24-13 02:34 PM
    Follow up from an old post:

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

Stats counter showing a definite uptick for BB in Canada and UK of 5 and 4% respectively in mobile OS use.
    02-24-13 05:07 PM
    Just trying to sort this out. SAP has 16,000 BB in service, but it doesn't say they ordered 16,000? They are test driving the Z10 and like what they see so far?
    Your right but this was backed up by an SAP comment at the Europe Jam I believe it was! Widely tweeted back then, the statement included they will incorporate BES10 after the successful trail they had gone through. Thats all the was ever stated.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 02-24-13 at 07:34 PM.
    project_x likes this.
    02-24-13 07:09 PM
    Follow up from an old post:

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

Stats counter showing a definite uptick for BB in Canada and UK of 5 and 4% respectively in mobile OS use.
    That's for February 2012, the February 2013 numbers are flat for both Canada and the UK
    Bugmapper likes this.
    02-24-13 07:48 PM
84 1234