Long term I wouldn't invest in BB I'd be selling. No BIS, ***** out BBM means that *class leading* security is gone and online security is a VITAL part for consumers now using handheld devices as the main part of their 'online' day - BB have became a handset manufacturer like any other with its own OS...Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Nokia etc etc

What MADE BB has now been dropped, BB offers nothing no-one else or apps can...
    07-10-13 05:32 AM
    You said the stock was on fire.
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The presentation, whilst well received in Waterloo, along with applause (there was more enthusiasm there than at the NYC Launch) won't save the stock.
    Only performance will.
    Because ... it was ~ 3,6% + at the time I wrote it, during Heins presentation. It's nothing else than a positive sign and I bet I could have win some $$ if I placed a bet with a bookmaker just on "the stock will stay green all day"
    07-10-13 07:24 AM
    Yes, that would have been the first winning bet on this stock.
    Keep Moving. I guess.
    07-10-13 07:26 AM
    Kevin quotes BES 10 Installs/tests at 19,000.

This again becomes the shady half data that Heins loves to spew. How many pre 10 BES installs were there? If there were 100,000 then 19,000 is a pretty bad #. Also why include the "tests" just to falsely inflate the number. How many paying BES 10 installs is what is relevant and how that compares to legacy installs.

Been around my mind this past hour and I would like to share the question to self on the fly, see what people think about it:

I think BB are really saying to us:

"when hearing BlackBerry stop thinking of the 'bold', the 'curve' the 'blinking light'" Those are still there but primarily you should be thinking "SERVICES": "BES", "BBM", "QNX-integration" with added values: "Communication", "security", "integration", "corporate", "global", "BB10"...

I think maybe the time came where we, as consumers, need to come to terms with the big change and shift that BB is being going under. They are not handset only company anymore; BB is services with unique qualities and functions. We need to start envisioning what TH presented and embrace the new direction of the company if we are to understand what BB is doing and where it is meant to go. When we manage to do that, I think that things will become pretty much clearer.

some pics of Kevin's tweets during the AGM, transmitting TH's presentation:
    07-10-13 12:45 PM
    Kevin quotes BES 10 Installs/tests at 19,000.

This again becomes the shady half data that Heins loves to spew. How many pre 10 BES installs were there? If there were 100,000 then 19,000 is a pretty bad #. Also why include the "tests" just to falsely inflate the number. How many paying BES 10 installs is what is relevant and how that compares to legacy installs.
    A friend of mine ran a small company's free BESX on the side. He downloaded the free test of BES10, knowing that his client had no intention of ever paying to move from BESX to BES. They are a small company with only a dozen devices, but it was free and he wanted to try it out. Out of the 19,000 installation how many were just like him - just kicking he tires to see what it was, but not ready to buy?

If there are 100,000 current BES installs running... should there be at LEAST 100,000 test platforms up and running? Wouldn't you think that everyone that was even thinking about migrating to BB10 anytime soon would have an in house beta test going on?
    danprown likes this.
    07-10-13 01:40 PM
    Without any reference points, the 19,000 BES10 installs/tests is a useful as "best launch ever".
    pillswoj, Blacklatino and dusdal like this.
    07-10-13 01:46 PM
    Current users of BES gain free upgrade to BES10. Any test is likely to evaluate its compliance with enterprises needs.
    Heins never said anything else than what you seem to point out as transvestite reality.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:05 PM
    Heins never said anything else than what you seem to point out as transvestite reality.

Posted via CB10
    Heins said a lot of things, but what is "transvestite reality"?
    07-10-13 07:13 PM
    Heins said a lot of things, but what is "transvestite reality"?
    Things that appear to be one thing on the surface, and are something else when you look underneath.

peter9477 and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-11-13 02:26 AM
    Long term I wouldn't invest in BB I'd be selling. No BIS, ***** out BBM means that *class leading* security is gone and online security is a VITAL part for consumers now using handheld devices as the main part of their 'online' day - BB have became a handset manufacturer like any other with its own OS...Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Nokia etc etc

What MADE BB has now been dropped, BB offers nothing no-one else or apps can...
    Looks like the ugly truth! Or at least some of it.
    07-11-13 04:21 AM
    Did anyone provide all the slides in one file anywhere? I'm trying to find them.
    07-22-13 11:26 PM
161 ... 567