Good morning all!

As you are, I am sure, painfully aware, the Annual General Meeting of BBRY Shareholders is today. Our fearless leader has made his pilgramage to site, and of course we will have all the updates! Dont forget to join our Live Blog and Chat for all of the latest! We know with the latest earnings call and of course the official death of the PlayBook, that many (including many here) are quite upset with the company, the Board, and of course with the Executive Team. This thread is a place to DISCUSS that (and I cannot stress the word DISCUSS enough). Both sides of the issues are very welcome here. Let us keep it clean, open, and everyone ENJOY having the debate. Try to keep everything within the bounds of this thread, and if you see things that shouldnt be here, don't get drawn into them. Hit the report button and let the Mod team do its job.

With all that being said, I open the floor to... well, anyone!
    07-09-13 07:33 AM
    Its going to be a good day today!
    07-09-13 07:39 AM
    ...fingers crossed for good stats today
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-09-13 07:40 AM
    ...fingers crossed for good stats today
    the question is can we trust any stats not given on an earnings call? remember thorstens many comments of sell outs and sales that exceeded expectations and you`ll see what I mean.
    nonetheless I think it will be interesting to see if they can reason out a lot of their recent decisions to investors.
    07-09-13 07:43 AM
    Oh boy!

I am ready. LoL
    (This is meant as a joke to lighten the mood)
    CrackBerry AGM Thread-19457171-businessman-laying-down-fetal-position-image-isolated-white.jpg
    07-09-13 07:48 AM
    the question is can we trust any stats not given on an earnings call? remember thorstens many comments of sell outs and sales that exceeded expectations and you`ll see what I mean.
    nonetheless I think it will be interesting to see if they can reason out a lot of their recent decisions to investors.
    This would likely be a place where you can trust the numbers. The Board is in control of the CEO (in theory), and the Shareholders can cause issues for the board.

They likely did have sell outs, and the demand was likely better than they expected. But that doesnt mean it was going to be a hit, that is just what we all thought. They could have expected 500k first month, 2 mil first quarter. They would have exceeded both of those.
    07-09-13 07:56 AM
    This would likely be a place where you can trust the numbers. The Board is in control of the CEO (in theory), and the Shareholders can cause issues for the board.

They likely did have sell outs, and the demand was likely better than they expected. But that doesnt mean it was going to be a hit, that is just what we all thought. They could have expected 500k first month, 2 mil first quarter. They would have exceeded both of those.
    oh I agree, but it says a lot about not learning to manage expectations after having ceo`s with products that did triple axles and leapfrogged the competition etc. underpromise overdeliver is what they should of done. its what we`ve been saying on here for literally years, so why didn't they get that memo? that's my worry
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    07-09-13 08:00 AM
    lol. but it is funny
    07-09-13 08:10 AM
    oh I agree, but it says a lot about not learning to manage expectations after having ceo`s with products that did triple axles and leapfrogged the competition etc. underpromise overdeliver is what they should of done. its what we`ve been saying on here for literally years, so why didn't they get that memo? that's my worry
    Well that is very very true. And the Board is largely still in the same
    07-09-13 08:20 AM
    So apparently this is not just an annual meeting, it is also a "special" meeting.
    07-09-13 08:46 AM
    Its going to be a good day today!
    are shorts gonna lose their pants? ...
    07-09-13 08:47 AM
    Well, we can all hope for good news. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    07-09-13 08:47 AM
    So apparently this is not just an annual meeting, it is also a "special" meeting.
    special as in `my mum says im special` or special as in `panic` lol
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    07-09-13 08:48 AM
    are shorts gonna lose their pants? ...
    that's even worse when your in the UK, cos pants are your underwear
    07-09-13 08:49 AM
    To change the name from RIM (Research In Motion) to BlackBerry. Requires resolution passed by shareholders.
    07-09-13 08:52 AM
    1 minute to go. Let's ear that and keep our expectations at a reasonable level !
    07-09-13 08:59 AM
    is there a video with presentations or will it just be talking? I cant listen to audio but I would be able to watch a video if there was one
    07-09-13 09:01 AM
    1 minute to go. Let's ear that and keep our expectations at a reasonable level !
    Define "Reasonable" Mon Ami! Haha!
    07-09-13 09:06 AM
    like not overtaking iOS in 3 months...

but maybe selling more than their #3 competition did in its first 3 months
    dusdal likes this.
    07-09-13 09:07 AM
    Nice video.
    07-09-13 09:08 AM
    Is the plan changed ? What is the new timeframe ?
    07-09-13 09:09 AM
    "New Priorities To Address"....
    07-09-13 09:11 AM
    like not overtaking iOS in 3 months...

but maybe selling more than their #3 competition did in its first 3 months
    Those are indeed good ideas.
    07-09-13 09:12 AM
    Is the plan changed ? What is the new timeframe ?
    I'm unsure Mon Ami, I have not thought about it, and I have no desire to be angry at BlackBerry. I think that they are moving at a good pace.
    07-09-13 09:13 AM
    Prem is exactly three rows directly in front of me. Too bad, because it means I can't watch his facial expressions.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:14 AM
161 123 ...