07-08-13 04:32 PM
394 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    07-01-13 06:55 PM
    Still waiting for Link to be 100% and an app I need for business... As much as I want to go BB10, I can't afford to be a Beta tester.
    heepman likes this.
    07-01-13 06:56 PM
    BB10 is great and as an os, competitive.
    But where was it when iOS, android and WebOS were solidifying roots in the market?
    App wise, iOS and android are 3 to 5 years ahead of Blackberry 10, this makes all the difference.
    If you don't want to play, who's got the biggest processor ? That's fine.
    But you should definitely be playing, who's got the biggest/longest battery life? And maybe who gives the most groundbreaking tech for you money ?
    The problem is resources. If you don't have apple or samsung money to advertise, then you had better acquire the best technological startups that money can buy, and before your competitors find them first and outbid you.
    There are so many smart and innovative companies out there waiting to be snap up and change the world, it's BlackBerrys job to find and acquire them.
    You know you are going to be reminded that BlackBerry has under/over/around 3.2 Billion in the bank(eye is twitching)......again. Those of you that like to debate over this- whatever. JMO......adding a new BlackBerry to what was once deemed by most (including members on here) to be a dead OS(7.0), upgrading same OS to 7.1 7.2, while assuming BB10 smartphones are going to fly off the shelves(any day now), may become yet another bump in the road. Based on the numbers, BlackBerry needs to do more. So, expect more articles. If BlackBerry is not concerned, then, neither am I. But, I do have options........if it ever gets that bad. Definitely holding off on buying another to "wait-n-see" how long we're going to have to wait for official 10.2. LOL, I was about to upgrade another line to the Q10 last week. Now, glad I waited.
    07-01-13 07:03 PM
    Still waiting for Link to be 100% and an app I need for business... As much as I want to go BB10, I can't afford to be a Beta tester.
    I COMPLETELY understand this.
    07-01-13 07:07 PM
    This is not the end.
    It's not even the beginning of the end.
    But it may be the end of the beginning.....
    (Winston Churchill, 1942)
    07-01-13 07:09 PM
    Okay.... so now what? you people who bought blackberry 10 devices, are you going to move to another platform now because blackberry is not clicking sales to the market?

You gotta be kidding

Lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:17 PM
    07-01-13 07:22 PM
    Okay.... so now what? you people who bought blackberry 10 devices, are you going to move to another platform now because blackberry is not clicking sales to the market?

You gotta be kidding

Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Not really...Low sales = no apps. People want access to high quality apps.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    07-01-13 07:23 PM
    CNN Money has never had anything positive to say about BlackBerry, I'm not about to start taking them seriously.

However, they did point out that the company has $3 billion in cash. Even if they continued to lose $50 million every quarter, it would be a long, long time before they actually went away. Therefore, this isn't a now-or-never situation. BB10 doesn't have to be an immediate hit (unlikely for any new platform anyways); it merely has to succeed in the long run after all the refinements have been added.

It may actually be a good thing that sales were poor, because if you ask me, the current iteration sucks. You don't want everybody thinking this is the best they can bring to the table, so a slow reintroduction to the market as they improve the OS is okay.

All they really need to do is make it do what everything the best Android phones can do, plus bring back the classic features that made BlackBerry famous, like the trackpad. As I said in another thread, they may need to create a different user interface for use with more productivity-oriented (read: BUTTONS) phones to sell alongside the touch-only interface.
    07-01-13 07:23 PM
    They can **** off too! BlackBerry against the world baby!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:25 PM
    the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Did they?
    I thought Germans did not have enough number of large aircraft carriers, cross the ocean and bomb Pearl Harbour with 300 fighters and bombers launched at once ;-).

But you are right. History "can be" re-written. It's not over...yet, however.....

Seems like the end is near unless BBRY maneuvre the ship very carefully. They may have only one chance to right the listing ship and steam ahead.
    I may be a bit too skeptical but misstep after misstep over at least a few years never made anybody confident in BBRY's ability to steady itself on the right course to reach the ultimate goal, BB10 or not.

But I honestly do wish them an eventual success. Even though I use an iPhone as well, I do not like to see the world dominated by just 2 giants. I want to see a unique 3rd player.
    07-01-13 07:27 PM
    Not really...Low sales = no apps. People want access to high quality apps.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    Not really, definitively at least...we'll see but even though we are on crackberry...just because it's negative and a user of another platform said it...doesn't make it true.
    07-01-13 07:30 PM
    Thanks for the link, nj.
    07-01-13 07:32 PM
    At best BlackBerry will be a niche player. They dropped the ball a long time ago. They will always be playing catch up. Soon they will be swallowed up. Bible.
    07-01-13 07:33 PM
    Aren't you kind of exaggerating? It's not a complete failure Z10 is doing ok and it just 1 of 5 new products, Q10 is still rolling out, Q5 is just starting, A10 is coming. Revenue is up. It'll take a year before you can make a judgment call on BB10.
    The analysts wanted an overnight success.
    07-01-13 07:40 PM
    The fact that the average person does not notice these features because they have not looked at the device does not take away from the uniqueness or innovation.

Posted via CB10
    That's the point. If these things exist on other platforms, there is no uniqueness or innovation. Customer perception determines where customer dollars are spent. If they don't perceive an advantage to switching to BB10, their dollars will show this.
    07-01-13 07:46 PM
    [threads merged]
    07-01-13 07:47 PM
    Didn't Heins already said in the ER, rather preemptively, that the next quarter may still be bad, or worse?. When CEO said something like that, they of course knew something we did not know.

Another thing that did not show up in the ER was the rate of device returns. Forum like this is naturally very skewed, but I sense that the return of BB10 devices by dissatisfied customers might be significantly larger than normal. So, the true sell-through figure might be much lower than the apparent sales numbers.

I suppose Heins already know this, which must have led to his warning that the next quarter would be poor as well. In other words, BBRY already acknowledged the irreversible "trend" from which they determined that they would not be able to recover.
    I'm still waiting for the results of the SEC investigation into the analyst's claim about the high rate of returns for the Z10.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    07-01-13 07:51 PM
    BGC analyst Colin Gilllis in a haiku to investors.

Haiku??? its official, BBRY is DEAD, Sell, trade, or trash your phones while you still can.

BBRY just needs to get with it and start cranking out FEATURES and IMPROVEMENTS... Show us that YOU believe in BBRY like you want us to. They also need to STOP allowing the carriers to control the devices.. AT&T peeps.. hows 10.0 holding up?.. 10.1 was nice but 10.2 is kickass.. maybe AT&T release when Apple says its ok.. hang in there..

I have deleted this post 4 different times.. i give up..
    07-01-13 07:58 PM
    CNN Money thought the real estate market was awesome right up until the moment it nearly crashed the global economy. I wouldn't put too much stock in their opinion.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:03 PM
    I'm still waiting for the results of the SEC investigation into the analyst's claim about the high rate of returns for the Z10.
    I'm willing to bet 95% of the returns are because of the REBOOT ISSUE.. and maybe poor battery life.. (remember the first OS was somewhat of a battery hog).. Taking to an AT&T rep, random reboots were the #1 issue people complained about.
    07-01-13 08:04 PM
    I hate saying this but.. APPS, APPS, APPS!! Give the public what they want. I am a diehard Blackberry user. I love my Z10. I love my Bold 9900. I love my Curve 8520. Throw money at the developers of the most popular apps. Make them native. Market to the world that Blackberries have all the popular apps when we get them. Go toe to toe with Apple and Samsung. Then once everyone is hooked keep pushing out better phones and better upgrades to the OS. I believe the only way for Blackberry to gain momentum again is that they will have to spend money to make money.
    Mr.V786 likes this.
    07-01-13 08:12 PM
    Did they?
    No, it was either Eye ran or Eye raqistan that invaded Pearl Harbour. What is it with you history buffs?

Americans Don't Know WHY We Celebrate the 4th of July or WHAT COUNTRY We Declared Independence From! - YouTube
    07-01-13 08:27 PM

You gotta be kidding

Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm not. Even if BlackBerry goes down, I would never give up my Z10. The only reason people are voicing anger is because they want BlackBerry to suceed. It's no different then when your kids are not keeping up with the class. We instantly voice our concerns because we love them. If BlackBerry was my child, I'd say go to your room until you can market the new phones like the rest of the top students . I definitely wouldn't say nothing and get rid of my kid.

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-01-13 08:29 PM
    F....k cnn, government control t.v

Posted via my White Z10
    07-01-13 08:30 PM
394 ... 7891011 ...