07-08-13 04:32 PM
394 ... 141516
tools
    I would not trust CNN's opinion on anything! Even during the initial blush of BlackBerry's Z10 launch they were reluctant at best and negatively biased about most aspects. And yet, beyond the irritations of app limitations and OS update delays - ultimately this is a great phone. I say stop being shaken and influenced by every naysayer. There are a lot of people who don't want BlackBerry to succeed but I will be darned if I'm gonna lend them a hand in the process. It is far from over guys. Rough waters are here - just hang on tighter, and ride them out.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:33 PM
    RIM has to end it's Rick Rolling, spend some of that cash to get some wanted Apps.....
    ...Then advertise that they can at least EQUAL I.o.S. and Android in what they can do.
    ....And for pete's sake fix their 30 day email problem.

The company simply can't be taken seriously until it shores up these big issues.
    07-02-13 11:09 PM
    After reading this article, I decide to keep my z10 even if I buy a new phone. If BB went bankrupt, I still have the first touch BB phone.

I can sell it on ebay for 2000 dollars later . It's a good memory to have.
    You mean other than the Storm, Storm 2, Torch, 9800, 9810, 9900, 9930, 9380, 9850, and 9860?
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-02-13 11:37 PM
    Edited due to irrelevancy.
    Last edited by Vurhan; 07-03-13 at 01:52 AM.
    07-02-13 11:45 PM
    +10000 for CNN article.

Yes, this company doesn't deserve to be in the business anymore. I want to see the end for the all lies, betrayals and broken promises this company has done in past years. Now, its their turn to suffer. We have had enough.
    No, you may have had enough. You do NOT speak for me. Your generalization is unwarranted. It reminds me of all those posts from some people who forget to use the word "some" when they make broad statements. You know those comments such as "people need more apps", "the UI is too complicated for people", "people know BlackBerry is incool". For some people, maturity comes the use of the term "some". OP would be wise to employ the term more often.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, saimrathi and peter9477 like this.
    07-02-13 11:53 PM
    Still doesn't change statistics... technology is constantly evolving.

Posted via CB10
    It renders your "comparison" perfectly meaningless. What the heck do statistics have to do with it?
    07-03-13 05:45 AM
    No, you may have had enough. You do NOT speak for me. Your generalization is unwarranted. It reminds me of all those posts from some people who forget to use the word "some" when they make broad statements. You know those comments such as "people need more apps", "the UI is too complicated for people", "people know BlackBerry is incool". For some people, maturity comes the use of the term "some". OP would be wise to employ the term more often.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree, I believe maturity includes accepting general statements as they were intended (not to mention the numbers prove it correct). By contrast, nitpicking on the legality of the statement when disingenuously taking statements literally - in lieu of a content-based rebuttal - is very immature in my opinion.
    07-03-13 06:38 AM
    Holy nitpicking Batman, where is this thread heading ??
    richardat likes this.
    07-03-13 07:49 AM
    No, you may have had enough. You do NOT speak for me. Your generalization is unwarranted.

Posted via CB10

SOME people have not had enough.

There are called fanboys.
    The number of BB fanboys dropping at the rate of several million a year.

To make the way out easier BB last Friday screwed 2 million Deadbook users.
    SOME of them don't care
    07-03-13 07:59 AM
    Holy nitpicking Batman, where is this thread heading ??
    I can and will reply to this.

For starters, I am happy to see a healthy and spirited debate amongst us in Crackberry nation. There has been no trolling, just candid and frank opinions being shared. I, for one, really enjoyed the discourse and education given in this thread (I believe many would agree given its trending status).

After much consideration, I maintain my position I said earlier: BBRY is going the way of the dodo bird. I hope it is not the case, but repeated ineptitude and a lack of situational awareness (of the marketplace) suggests continued arrogance on the part of the BBRY brass.

Look, I love my Z10. The Q10 (to me and a few of my staff who have tried the Q10 on a demo basis) did NOT move the needle in our corporate needs (we are now in the process of switching devices at my direction). Strategically, I believe BBRY half-assed what should have been a key delivery (that was late by the way) to the marketplace. Perhaps they are still nestling against their cash on hand (I hope not). According to Chris U.'s blog post this morning (here in Crackberry), BBRY is gonna have to start spending that cash reserve. With dwindling revenues, that sounds like a death knell.

BeBold may mean one thing from a Canadian point of view, but in my view that means: "Take charge of your narrative, deliver on budget and time, lead from the front and not from the rear, and Innovate completely." To date, they have not executed and are now paying the price. No BBRY stores, no aggressive advertisement, no real Customer Service relations (depending on the Telecoms to carry your water is weak and exposes your corporate flanks to your competition).

BBRY needs a drastic change in corporate culture and a winning attitude that focuses on accountability, aggression and incentives from bottom up to gain traction. That golden egg (the cash reserve) will soon turn to brass, bet on it.
    Last edited by tstrike34; 07-03-13 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Grammar, Content
    07-03-13 08:08 AM
    It is the best. Give me one meaningful metric outside of quantity of native apps, and I'll demonstrate in a scientific way how superior it is.

Posted via CB10
    The functionality of NFC. I don't know if it has changed on 10.1, but it couldn't turn on/off Wi-fi without manual intervention by the user on 10.0. It couldn't actually send the text message just by tapping the NFC tag; it only brought it up on the screen and the user still had to press send.
    07-03-13 11:24 PM
    And the craziest thing is Im a customer easy to satisfy, I use a Note 2 as I said before and the only app outside core apps (I rooted and removed bloat) is Skype and USAA and they don't have those 2 apps. I don't game, pile extra apps on or anything just Core apps that come with phone and the 2 above mentioned. If they had Skype (doesn't work with Z10 according to App World site) and USAA I would buy a Z10. I have Chase as well but thats just for car payment so I dont need it really can check that at home. Dont like mobile sites for banking kind of nervous about those feel safer in a dedicated app provided by institution.
    07-04-13 09:50 AM
    My first post on CB forums so wish me luck:

I'm only posting to draw some attention on a customer niche that has not been covered in the comments so far. I am a 9780 user since 2010 and before that I've been using a countless amount of phones, starting with an ancient bulky Ericsson that weighed more than my daily meals. Three years ago I left a career in journalism to found my very small company and thus I chose BB to always be in touch with my customers. I only use a currency app, a weather app, whatsapp and google maps. I need nothing more and the 9780 is hands down the best phone I have ever used: solid build, decent battery and camera, reliable. As a telephone it works flawlessly, the mails can be read and replied to, the calendar is as good as any.

I can't imagine that I am the only guy who wants the basics to work flawlessly. However, I have lots of friends with Samsungs, HTCs, iPhones who experience problems with the most basic of functions, from signal loss to random freezes or resets. In three years of operation I have NEVER experienced a reset, freeze or dropped call. Now to the bottom line.

There are A LOT of people that only use phones as productivity devices, that do not need large ecosystems, do not need an extra 0.25 inch on screen size or 200mhz on their processors. In my mind, I associate BB with quality of build and reliability. I can buy any phone on the market but I have no need for it and if time comes, I will not jump in the Android boat because my girlfriend's HTC and GS3 (her 4th android since my purchase of BB) experience random resets on wireless couch browsing mode while my ancient 9780 never has.

I am not saying that 9780 is the perfect phone. I just can't find anything against this perfect working tool. But if I ever decide to get an upgrade I will buy the BB because my experience with the device as a productivity tool has been perfect. And as far as the BB10 headlines go, I could write you many stories about how online content needs to be written today in order to draw clicks. But you know it too. BB will be afloat as long as they have patience.
    What a well written post very well done! Excellent first post!

Posted via CB10
    tstrike34 likes this.
    07-04-13 08:07 PM
    The functionality of NFC. I don't know if it has changed on 10.1, but it couldn't turn on/off Wi-fi without manual intervention by the user on 10.0. It couldn't actually send the text message just by tapping the NFC tag; it only brought it up on the screen and the user still had to press send.
    *nods in agreement*
    07-05-13 01:03 PM
    Well, it's not looking very good right now and it could -eventually get better, it can definitely get a lot worse.
    From my Z10 on Dev OS 10.2.0.341 (~_*)
    07-06-13 03:26 AM
    At the end of the day, everyone, especially those who purchased their new OS10 device have a right to their opinion. In due time, the market will eventually decide.

My :-) = STL100-3 + OS 2354 + 2026 Radio
    07-06-13 08:32 AM
    i still fail to see why some ppl say "we",,, as if BB considers you to be part of them,,, they flat out lied about sales & playbook upgrade,,, read into their vagueness & between the lines,,, they're looking to get the best price on their stock when they sell out...
    "We" because as a user, supporter, enthusiast and share holder, i consider myself part of the team
    dusdal likes this.
    07-07-13 12:04 AM
    "We" are as much of team bbry as someone standing in the stadium. Or in the stands. Or outside the locker room. The only people part of the team are in the locker room. They take care of themselves. Just like any other team out there.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 02:19 PM
    The questions here is how long is the road, what is Blackberry driving and how fast are they going. Samsung's in a McLaren. Apple a 911. Blackbery better hope the road is long and straight.
    They don't have to be driving anything. BB10 is a Brand new platform, barely been around long enough for people to raise their white flags yet. remember, people wrote off blackberry in 2009. yet, 2013, its still here!

You don't need to be, you're not Blackberry
    as a share holder, I worry when need be.

Please. Stop this. Blackberry is not Apple. Apple has 145 billion cash on hand. There is nothing similar here.
    what's there to stop? you ripped apart a statement, and took it completely out of context. Blackberry is MUCH smaller than apple, that's why I said that for its size, they have excellent cash on hand. SIMILAR to Apple. because they both have a nice amount of cash on hand, and not borrowing money to stay afloat. thus the similarity, but not identical.

Would be interesting to see your basis for this statement.
    reading this article is a pretty good idea of my basis.
    BlackBerry: When There's Cash, There's Opportunity - Seeking Alpha
    Last edited by ikalinin; 07-09-13 at 09:15 AM.
    07-08-13 04:32 PM
394 ... 141516