source for the bolded/highlighted?
    It's been asked for a few times. I am wondering myself.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've requested it from him or her in two different threads.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 11:50 AM
    the truth of the matter is BlackBerry has a hard climb back to the top. From what i see things go in 7 yr cycles. Ill give them a few more $$$ for investment purposes. Suppose i cant lose buying so low and hope the get back in the low 40's in two yrs.
    07-02-13 11:51 AM
    CB10 issue
    07-02-13 11:57 AM
    source for the bolded/highlighted?
    I asked my Magic 8 Ball when we might have an answer on the source for this number and...

CNN Money says, "End may be near"-004.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-02-13 12:05 PM
    I'm just glad I sold by BBRY shares, only making a few bucks. It is at 9ish and sucking. Feel bad for BlackBerry though.
    07-02-13 12:05 PM
    "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"–Mark Twain
    07-02-13 12:32 PM
    Ask do we have someone who posts information that comes from some nebulous source which cannot be verified yet we're told to accept.

Ok.

Reverend Julie, see, it's nothing personal......

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    07-02-13 12:59 PM
    CNN Money is FOS... as usual. They are a very, child-friendly source designed for people who want, and believe, popular news and who do not want to be burdened by detail and nuance. Here's what's really going down...

BlackBerry: Don
    eddy_berry likes this.
    07-02-13 01:04 PM
    CNN predictions !?!? Did they also predict the financial downfall of their own country ? NAH !
    07-02-13 01:14 PM
    Remember the CNN review of the BB7 device where they said something like "Sure you can play music but you can't store music on the device so what good is the media player?" I think that was my favorite.
    07-02-13 01:22 PM
    The picture they showed though is where I think BB still is, the crossroads. I'm thinking one more quarter is needed to see if BB is still on the long slide down or recovery. The reason being that the Q10 is still rolling out and the Q5 is just starting its roll out. The weak results are a direct result of BB not getting these phones out to us at a quicker pace. They can blame the carriers all they want, but it makes no sense that the Q10 phone was announced at the end of January and is just now launching in major markets in June. They've given away any momentum that could have been gained from the launch with inital sales numbers.

I think BB still has a chance, if they quicken the release of the Q5 and with the A10 launch, but they have to launch it differently than their other products have in the past. The A10 has to be available every where, preferably on the same day, but no later than a couple of days after it is announced. I should also be able to buy it from their own website. They already have the shopblackberry website so I can not understand their refusal to not directly sell factory unlocked phones from there.
    Agreed 100%...excellent post

Posted via CeeBee 10 on that Whiteberry
    07-02-13 01:33 PM
    No wonder Jim jumped ship. Blackberry hurry up and sell before its worth jack ish. Its been failing since the storm flop over and over again.

Posted via CB Q-10
    Maybe Rob Orr had a clue also.
    07-02-13 01:36 PM
    Time to buy in again. The market almost always over reacts. Buy in at around $9.50 and sell around $15. Seems to work well lately and there is always a chance of a takeover with higher profits to be made.
    07-02-13 02:01 PM
    Source: Mybroadband.co.za

BlackBerry’s quarterly report on June 28 was interesting, and maybe changed the minds of some analysts, and investors. I think BlackBerry is a good investment opportunity for the long-term. BlackBerry’s stock will drop for a few days since the numbers missed expectations but its stock will eventually go back up. The question is where should you jump in to make a profit?
    One Missed Call likes this.
    07-02-13 02:09 PM
    We do have a full touchscreen BlackBerry! Oh wait! Didn't we hear a while back that would not happen either? CNN doesn't know everything.... my Z10 rocks!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:13 PM
    What :P near what? Why end of may?
    </scnr> it's late over here...

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:32 PM
    We do have a full touchscreen BlackBerry! Oh wait! Didn't we hear a while back that would not happen either? CNN doesn't know everything....
    I only hope that the A10 story is real.
    A10 is coming, A10 is coming.....
    07-02-13 03:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did you find a link yet for that 600,000 lost BB10 customers claim you made earlier? I couldn't find any reference to it on BNN.
    The latest Comscore numbers for the 3 months ending April 2013 shows 3% of the 138.5 million smartphone users in USA, or around 4.155 million people, own Windows Mobile or Windows Phone handsets.

This percentage is slightly down from the 3.1% in the 3 months ending January 2013, but due to the growing smartphone market in the US, still represents an addition of 143,600 new Windows Phone users since that period.

On a month to month basis Windows Phone has remained steady at 3%, which also due to the growing smartphone market represents the addition of 54,000 people.

This contrasts with Blackberry, who lost 600,000 users over the 3 month period, despite the launch of the Blackberry Z10 in March this year.

I expect the release of the Nokia Lumia 521 and Nokia Lumia 928 in May will move the needle somewhat, and with rumours of the Nokia EOS in July I expect this number to trend up eventually.
    And here is the link to the data -> comScore Reports April 2013 U.S. Smartphone Subscriber Market Share - comScore, Inc
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    07-02-13 03:13 PM
    So for clarification... they lost 600000 legacy devices customers!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:22 PM
    Fix the problems with BB10? That's the problem! BB10 doesn't have huge problems. It is a really good OS. This is much worse, it is a rejection of the platform in the marketplace. A software update won't fix that. I'm not sure what could fix it.

Posted via CB10
    If you can't get the carriers to actually push and sell them, it is very hard. As said many times on the forums, most carriers and stores are pushing for all phones EXCEPT BB. Exclusivity contracts and the like - who knows. Seems like the only way to get people to look at them is actual BB phone users showing them. OMG I had know idea it could do that!! is a fairly good reaction after they already signed a 2-year contract with another phone.
    07-02-13 03:28 PM
    So for clarification... they lost 600000 legacy devices customers!

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea. I don't keep track of these things. This is where I think the original poster got the 600,000 figure from. I think what the poster was trying to get at was that they lost 600,000 subscribers. I would imagine there would be numbers going to BB10 but I would also imagine there are numbers that abandoned ship.

Where do see that it was 600,000 legacy device users in the first place?
    07-02-13 03:30 PM
    I was about to buy a Q10 when I finally got to play with one in a Verizon store in Ruston LA. Hadn't found a live one in Best Buy or other Verizon stores I tried across North LA. But once I played with it I knew it wasn't going to work for me. I would miss the track pad and I liked the way the Z10 felt and typed. This was Thursday last week and I planned to make the purchase the next day. Then Friday happened.

The long and short of it is, I'm done. After years of a combination of management over promising and underdelivering plus ignoring the desires of their loyal customers they've worn me down and I'm giving up. My 9930 has been a durable machine that has stood the test of being a great business phone I can take with me out on the farm. So that's what I focused on. I settled on the new Casio Commando 4g with an extended battery. In my office I have used OfficeCalendar to syncOutlook across my peer-to-peer network of 5 computers plus wirelessly sync my 9930. It will work with the new Commando so I'll avoid running my client stuff through either Google or Apple's data mining repositiories. (Additional plug for OfficeCalendar....they don't sell the data they host for customers.)

With the exception of a 3 week flirtation about 4 years ago with an Incredible, (when I got frustrated last time) BlackBerry has been the only smart phone I've used. After approx 8 years of loyalty, I'll miss the brand. If someone buys them out maybe they'll do a better job with meeting customer wishes, desires and demands. If they do, maybe I'll look at coming back. But TH didn't get the job done and I no longer believe he can. It's over.
    07-02-13 03:39 PM
    I have no idea. I don't keep track of these things. This is where I think the original poster got the 600,000 figure from. I think what the poster was trying to get at was that they lost 600,000 subscribers. I would imagine there would be numbers going to BB10 but I would also imagine there are numbers that abandoned ship.

Where do see that it was 600,000 legacy device users in the first place?
    It doesn't specifically say legacy, but, as BlackBerry 10 was not available before the quarter there would be zero subscribers to lose from the 10 platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:44 PM
    Am I reading that right - BBRY is now outsold in the US by LG?
    07-02-13 03:56 PM
394 ... 1213141516