That's the point. If these things exist on other platforms, there is no uniqueness or innovation. Customer perception determines where customer dollars are spent. If they don't perceive an advantage to switching to BB10, their dollars will show this.
    I think I've already proven that these things are presented in a unique and thus different way on BlackBerry 10... I don't want to waste time rehashing the same thing...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:40 PM
    Just another lame article. It doesnt say its the beginning of the end, just the title... the media is always negative about BlackBerry just give the company more time. People do forget its a totally new OS, and 3 months are nothing. They cant be succesfull in a short time, especially after the bad press these years.

Give it time, enjoy your phone and live your life.
    The OS isnt 3 months old, they have been messing around with QNX since early 2011 or earlier. Late 2010 most likely.

That is what the institutional investors and corporate America are seeing... A company that has been given more 2nd chances than most get and continuing to fumble.
    anon(5828343) and 21stNow like this.
    07-01-13 07:40 PM
    Go blackberry don't give up

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:42 PM
    This is not the end.
    It's not even the beginning of the end.
    But it may be the end of the beginning.....
    (Winston Churchill, 1942)
    Ironic that Winston got **** canned just after the war too.
    07-01-13 07:49 PM
    guys, we are on a road to recovery...
    The questions here is how long is the road, what is Blackberry driving and how fast are they going. Samsung's in a McLaren. Apple a 911. Blackbery better hope the road is long and straight.
    we hit a bump in the road,
    Problem is there has been nothng but bumps for the last couple of years.
    i'm not worried.
    You don't need to be, you're not Blackberry
    did you see apple's stock for the past 6-8 months?? 750 to 390s.. they have A LOT of cash. similar situation with BlackBerry.[
    Please. Stop this. Blackberry is not Apple. Apple has 145 billion cash on hand. There is nothing similar here.
    Yeah, they're no apple,
    Now this is making sense
    but for the size, they have a lot of cash on hand. ...snip[
    Would be interesting to see your basis for this statement.
    they have time to turn things around. ...snip
    I hope so. It's sometimes annoying updating simple things on user's IOS devices.
    anon(5828343) and richardat like this.
    07-01-13 07:50 PM
    bbery f"ed up because they priced the phone only for for people who have money for it what they should have done was sell a lot cheaper and get all these people that are younger that buy androids for 250-300 bucks to maybe change their minds to get bberry instead. they had a good chance because its a great touch screen phone but they screwed up with their price point. most people figure heck if im dishing out 600 bux for a phone might as well get an iphone or an s4.
    07-01-13 07:54 PM
    Still waiting for Link to be 100% and an app I need for business... As much as I want to go BB10, I can't afford to be a Beta tester.
    What app are you waiting for? I bet the Z can do it better out of the box without an app.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:57 PM
    We have tins of awesome apps and more every day. Plus, we can sideload if we really need kiddie apps like Instagram.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 07:59 PM
    WOW!!! 9 outta 10 people are like i have a company BB, or my company gave me the BB which is bla bla bla....and BB is dead...
    There is a reason that most companies are still using BBs after all this drama.....Start using that thing you call Brain....
    07-01-13 08:02 PM
    But the blackberry 10 devices are such good devices. Don't want them to go down. The os is beautiful at least to me. Love the feel

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:02 PM
    CNN Money is a joke: their entire technology section is based off Apple coverage and their reporting on anything in the tech field ranges from highly suspect to flat out lazy.

Yes, BlackBerry's earnings for FY14 Q1 were bad and they're a takeover candidate, but I'll still give them at least through FY14 to make something of the new platform. BES adoption (and the associated CALs), and the lack of debt help their cause. A deal for using the existing NOC for data transmission will help too...
    Yea whoever is negative about blackberry is a joke. When will we accept the reality? Thor proved the incompetence by killing the wonderful playbook.
    07-01-13 08:15 PM
    It even states the next "FEW" quarters could be the tell tale. Hello that's common sense nothing new there. Typical negative media on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:19 PM
    Let me explain my point as simply as I can..how did they get from those low numbers to where they are today?
    As others have said, yes BlackBerry does have 72 million current users they should convert to BlackBerry 10. This will take time as not all can upgrade now and I would guess that a good chunk of those do not even know much about BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    That's great. . .except that subscriber number is shrinking more rapidly now than it did before BB10, with 4 million lost just in the last quarter. And 72 million users isn't nearly enough; if it were, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    richardat likes this.
    07-01-13 08:29 PM
    Of course you may ask.
    I bought my Z10 in early march, nice phone but nothing special compared to my friends Iphone/SG3 or 4.
    In France I have not seen one Z10 in the wild.
    I think that BB10 is not a commercial success and that it will not save BB.
    Wow! That's not the case at all here. I thought I was special, walking around using my new Z10, showing it off, until I was at Starbucks and noticed a dozen Z10s in the shop. As cool as it is, I don't feel as special anymore!
    FYI the Z10 is a much better phone then the current iPhone and the SG3 hands down.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:34 PM
    One important thing is that the series 10 phones are just been shipped to the rest of the world right now. Besides Canada, UK and US only now the rest of the world is getting theirs 10s, There is much more room to grow.
    07-01-13 08:38 PM
    Will anyone even develop any new apps for bb10 looking at their disappointed numbers, this is a vicious cycle which will surely take bb down.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I'm thinking..

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:43 PM
    Unfortunately for BB, you and the people who feel like you are a distinctly tiny and negligible minority. The other 99.1% of the market (at least here in the U.S.) could care less about BB. Nothing is going to change that. BB had its chance and took its best shot.
    And you got your percentages from where oh genius of geniuses? It doesn't sound to me like you know anything about this community.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:45 PM
    Here's my thoughts :

I just did a business analysis on RIM (at the time, right before they changed the name) for an accounting class. They have a ton of cash. I got an A. LOL

CNN is on TV, along with many other news outlets. Drama sells, and that goes for all outlets. There isn't an outlet out there that hasn't glorified the truth or exaggerated a story to get the views. If there is, PM me. I've been looking.

BlackBerry in a little over 2 years has changed virtually everything they've ever developed. Given that, I believe they're doing fairly well.

IMO, they have failed in the quality control as of late. That is one area they desperately need to crack down on.

If the aforementioned is resolved, I don't think Blackberry is going anywhere. I even believe they will slowly but surely take back market share, little by little..

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:47 PM
    What a bunch of bs. There are plenty of things that separate bb10 from the rest out there. How about bbm voice. How about screen share. And the text messaging is by far the best on the market. Time shift on the camera is also unique. And the fact you can connect your bb10 device to 10 different computers remotely. And access data and files on these 10 different computers. And of course the hub and no silly home button. Everything is faster especially the browser. Who needs apps when you can access bank sites, the real ones, with just two touches. The q is what bb is. As more see the z, they are impressed. But the q is what bb is and those weren't even on sale last qtr aside from a couple of countries that represented about 10% of the entire market. Then you have the q5 which just went on sale last month. Free phone on contract. BB doesn't need to sell a gazillion phones to be very profitable. Lest we forget they were making around a buck per share selling 11-13 million devices in late 2011. They will have 6 phones out, 5 of them bb10 by years end. Average 2 mil sales per qtr of each device and you are back to the 10-12 mil level. Look at apples sales when they started the iphone rollout. They were LOW. Like 1 million the first qtr low. Then they slowly started creeping up and when everyone on the planet owned a couple of shares, the media pump fest began. Look at the recent reaction to ios7. It was lambasted. Iphone is a kids phone. BB10 is for business professionals and males. The short sellers have manipulated this stock to no end. No way this should bave fallen 30% based on the results that came, especially in light of the Venezuela bs. At most a 10% fall. Ahh but they had to take it down to this level to maximize their profits especially on puts. The next move will be to run it up cause you can only make so much down at this level as the current value is a steal considering cash makes up nearly $6 of the current price. So your post was likely written by someone who is short the stock and looking for more sellers to cover. When you have such a high short interest as this stock does, it's not a shocker to see so much bs all over this forum.
    Murundum likes this.
    07-01-13 09:12 PM
    What a bunch of bs. There are plenty of things that separate bb10 from the rest out there. How about bbm voice. How about screen share. And the text messaging is by far the best on the market. Time shift on the camera is also unique. And the fact you can connect your bb10 device to 10 different computers remotely. And access data and files on these 10 different computers. And of course the hub and no silly home button. Everything is faster especially the browser. Who needs apps when you can access bank sites, the real ones, with just two touches. The q is what bb is. As more see the z, they are impressed. But the q is what bb is and those weren't even on sale last qtr aside from a couple of countries that represented about 10% of the entire market. Then you have the q5 which just went on sale last month. Free phone on contract. BB doesn't need to sell a gazillion phones to be very profitable. Lest we forget they were making around a buck per share selling 11-13 million devices in late 2011. They will have 6 phones out, 5 of them bb10 by years end. Average 2 mil sales per qtr of each device and you are back to the 10-12 mil level. Look at 6apples sales when they started the iphone rollout. They were LOW. Like 1 million the first qtr low. Then they slowly started creeping up and when everyone on the planet owned a couple of shares, the media pump fest began. Look at the recent reaction to ios7. It was lambasted. Iphone is a kids phone. BB10 is for business professionals and males. The short sellers have manipulated this stock to no end. No way this should bave fallen 30% based on the results that came, especially in light of the Venezuela bs. At most a 10% fall. Ahh but they had to take it down to this level to maximize their profits especially on puts. The next move will be to run it up cause you can only make so much down at this level as the current value is a steal considering cash makes up nearly $6 of the current price. So your post was likely written by someone who is short the stock and looking for more sellers to cover. When you have such a high short interest as this stock does, it's not a shocker to see so much bs all over this forum.
    enough with the anything but blackberry is a toy crap. millions of professionals in different fields using iphones and android phones have proven this statement overwhelmingly erroneous and irrelevant.
    bp3dots and 21stNow like this.
    07-01-13 09:24 PM
    enough with the anything but blackberry is a toy crap. millions of professionals in different fields using iphones and android phones have proven this statement overwhelmingly erroneous and irrelevant.
    No, they haven't. The big boys still play with big toys, ie BlackBerry. Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google, is a BlackBerry user for reasons you in the normal sphere can't fathom.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elite1; 07-02-13 at 12:07 AM. Reason: rude portion removed
    07-01-13 09:31 PM
    Those that state that are usually stuck in 2007.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-01-13 09:35 PM
    u r so right!
    07-01-13 09:37 PM
    These types of articles aren't new, but there is some truth to them. BlackBerry failed those who have supported them, like myself, when they killed the PlayBook. I was an early adopter of the PlayBook, and the Z10, and the Q10. I have yet to see any answers of how BlackBerry will not fail us again. Any thoughts?
    07-01-13 09:37 PM
    that is a good question and smart competitors know thew answer: fix the market perception. BBRY has died in media and consumers eyes, not cool, old news, passive Canadian company.

It's time to tell a great story about who BBRY devices are for, what they excel at and stop trying to play other folks games. IMHO, don't chase apps, I love that a ton of features are built into the OS....extend that in a way that puts other devices to shame.

I understand folks feel apps are important...i understand how the marketing is geared toward winners and media darlings. I recommend letting the folks who must have apps, go to the other platforms. downsize the business and excel at serving folks in a niche. The cash is not there fight with Samsung or Apple, but the smartphone market is still growing and therefore profits are still available.
    Okay, we will go with that Nero. You pretend you don't smell the smoke and keep playing your lyre and sing that same ole tune. Even with the anticipated success and my investment in BBRY stock, I am in NO way na�ve enough to believe that the mighty empire is going to magically reemerge in the near future as some sort of force to be reckoned with. The former CEOs are partially to blame and the total lack of attention to how other OSs were maturing and running away with the market share falls on RIM as an entity. As a business owner myself, the LAST thing I would do at this point is to sit on my arse and hope that the reputation that has taken me years to develop will carry me through while all the other high end contractors compete for my clients/income!
    tstrike34 likes this.
    07-01-13 09:43 PM
394 ... 89101112 ...