BlackBerry is making how many billions per quarter? How much is Nokia making as a comparison? Nokia has to sell 3 times as many phones as BlackBerry to make the same money, in fact you could go on and on about how precarious a situation Nokia's in and yet there's a tremendous upside to BlackBerry's situation which people are either ignoring or deliberately sweeping to one side.
    Nokia is a lot larger than BB with about 100k employees. So every phone sold add very little to the bottom line. Same can be said for Samsung. They sell a **** load of phones but don't make anywhere near the profit of Apple. The benefit of Nokia's position is they are more diverse. Where's BB mapping technology, LTE patents/infrastructure, camera technology, etc...
    07-01-13 03:50 PM
    Two comments I must make here, to those old enough to remember the early 90's apple was said to be on the way out. Also search cnet, cnn, what what ever magazine you like, I havent seen one bad remark about any apple product, and remember they are supposed to impartial.
    07-01-13 03:52 PM
    I don't know what's going to happen next, but I will say that there have been articles predicting the imminent death of BlackBerry for some time now.

Posted via CB10
    & eventually, even as no one takes it seriously, it will happen,,, then when it does, everyone will say," oh my!!! i can't believe it happened!"...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 07-01-13 at 04:10 PM.
    07-01-13 04:00 PM
    :'(
    come on BlackBerry, put yourself together. we're in this together.
    we might have lost a few battles, but that doesn't mean the war is over yet.
    BlackBerry FTW
    they're not in in it together w/ anyone but themselves,,, wake up, man,,, unless you own enough stock to make them do your bidding, you're SOL...
    07-01-13 04:02 PM
    I agree, in a previous post I compared Mr Heins to the Titanic captain, telling everything is going well while the ship is sinking.
    agreed,,, if he were to tell it like it is, (think of how he said how great sales were just a month ago), stock would be @ $5-$6 right now,,, they are doing nothing but protecting their end...
    07-01-13 04:05 PM
    guys, we are on a road to recovery... we hit a bump in the road, i'm not worried. did you see apple's stock for the past 6-8 months?? 750 to 390s.. they have A LOT of cash. similar situation with BlackBerry. Yeah, they're no apple, but for the size, they have a lot of cash on hand. they have time to turn things around. dumping the playbook is probably a good business decision. they'll never win the tablet war, its smart to drop it! they still have a big chance to fixing the bb10 OS, and be the #3 they want to be. they need to fix the bugs, and roll out updates in a timely manner. 10.2 needs to be a refresh, big time. bring new OS features, and make the A10 do things to make everyone go wow. lets go BlackBerry.
    i still fail to see why some ppl say "we",,, as if BB considers you to be part of them,,, they flat out lied about sales & playbook upgrade,,, read into their vagueness & between the lines,,, they're looking to get the best price on their stock when they sell out...
    07-01-13 04:10 PM
    What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

Probably time to buy more BBRY stock. They'll be back.
    07-01-13 04:12 PM
    All of the excuses have been used up.
    6 months ago - just wait for BB 10 - millions will be sold
    3 months ago - just wait for a full quarter with BB 10 - millions will be sold.

Reality - 4 million FEWER customers - poor sales of BB10 devices - abandonment of the Playbook (not that it was ever a financial success - but the faithful all believed BB 10 was coming).

Enough with the excuses. Time for Thor, Frank and the team to DELIVER.
    Frank won't be delivering much, 'cept the mail or sloppin' out food in the jailhouse...
    07-01-13 04:12 PM
    What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

yeah, Animal House was a comedy, too,,, & almost as funny as BBs' current situation...
    07-01-13 04:14 PM
    Two comments I must make here, to those old enough to remember the early 90's apple was said to be on the way out. Also search cnet, cnn, what what ever magazine you like, I havent seen one bad remark about any apple product, and remember they are supposed to impartial.
    Apple on its old path under Gil Amelio, etc. with the Mac clones and aborted OS revamps, and the aged classic Mac OS *** was *** on its way out. For certain.
    07-01-13 04:18 PM
    +10000 for CNN article.

Yes, this company doesn't deserve to be in the business anymore. I want to see the end for the all lies, betrayals and broken promises this company has done in past years. Now, its their turn to suffer. We have had enough.
    Oh really? Sound like and Iphone fan

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:21 PM
    i still fail to see why some ppl say "we",,, as if BB considers you to be part of them,,, they flat out lied about sales & playbook upgrade,,, read into their vagueness & between the lines,,, they're looking to get the best price on their stock when they sell out...
    BBRY lied? Maybe it was the citizenry that was too gullible? In this day and age, there is not much corporate announcements that shouldn't be taken with a shovel full of salt.

I have a PlayBook, heard the same announcement re BB10 coming to the PlayBook, but I went out and got me a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Which by the way is laggy as h3ll.
    07-01-13 04:47 PM

I'm with you as long as they hire another marketing company that can represent the current times. I mean right now! Sure!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:58 PM
    BBRY Needs MARKETING. Where in the hell is the Marketing. thats what killing BBRY right now, NO MARKETING. other than that they are cool right where they are at.
    Lol, no they're not. Marketing will not solve their problems. They have weak leadership.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    anon(5828343) and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    07-01-13 05:01 PM
    To be perfectly honest i cannot recall one positive blackberry article on CNN. Not even once. BlackBerry needs good word of mouth now. I've had several people ask me how I like z10 and each time I told them that Z10 is good phone.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-01-13 05:07 PM
    Lol, no they're not. Marketing will not solve their problems. They have weak leadership.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    You may gave a great point, but it still remains, without a marketing crew that can sell ice to Eskimo's, BlackBerry is dead in the water. Let's be realistic. There are many marketing campaigns doing well selling worse products than BlackBerry phones right now . It's not that hard to pick up the phone and get it done. Oh.....I guess that would be the leadership thing you speak of?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 05:24 PM
    Never trust the media - get the facts yourself.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 05:25 PM

Germans???
    07-01-13 05:34 PM
    I agree....I was hopeful....it is clear the execs are incompetent....Superbowl ad/Marketing FIASCO, lack of carrier support, lack of app support....I don't know what phone I'm going to use....I hate all the choices
    07-01-13 05:36 PM
    Germans???
    Animal House
    07-01-13 05:38 PM
    Thanks, I tried to be as fair as possible
    07-01-13 05:40 PM
    They do the same thing with sports teams....interesting phenomenon isn't it? "WE" are going to win...."WE" really showed 'em.
    Dallas Cowboys, SF Giants, Toronto Maple Leafs....all couldn't give a flying rat's a$$ if you are alive today or dead tomorrow....you are not part of "them." Face reality
    07-01-13 05:42 PM
    [*]BE HONEST to your loyal customers! If you try and pull the wool over the eyes of BlackBerry customers, there may be no customers left.[*]Don't release a half-baked product - whether it's software, hardware or OS, DO NOT offer a product unless it's 100% ready.[*]Do some testing! - make sure each product is tested THOROUGHLY before you put it on sale - another bad launch and it's only downhill from there
    Yet you say

So you say they took 2 years to release BB10 yet you state they should not release a half-baked product.. Can you imagine the ******** you would be doing if they released BB10 last year? They took an extra year and practically got most of the bugs out and you still complain.
    Fair point. However correct me if I'm wrong... BlackBerry didn't say that BlackBerry 10 was delayed by a year. They said it was delayed by a month, two months, three months and then it became a year (or more in fact).

Point proven. The two can be mutually exclusive.
    07-01-13 05:43 PM
    Aren't you kind of exaggerating? It's not a complete failure Z10 is doing ok and it just 1 of 5 new products, Q10 is still rolling out, Q5 is just starting, A10 is coming. Revenue is up. It'll take a year before you can make a judgment call on BB10.

But I think the point is, if BB does nothing new to advertise or only continues to make changes in very small increments, they are going to be doing nothing outstanding or offer anything that is much different then what they are now offering. This will take them back to square one. Also, with carriers dragging their arses on updates, by the time the Z 10 and Q10 are fully running perfectly, it is going to be time to renew contracts with carriers again, leaving one scratching their heads saying "Oh is that how it was supposed to work"? "Too bad I never got to enjoy it when I owned it!

Unless they come up with something totally different and mind blowing, it is going to be more or less the same as it is now. It's tough for anyone to make it right now, as consumers are so demanding. S4 is not doing so hot now either, only that will not effect them in the same it has hit BB. BB is already trying to recover as it is. They can not afford any more mistakes/ mishaps/setbacks. At least Samsung can. I am sure they will not be resting like BB did, which put them in this mess in the first place
    07-01-13 05:49 PM
    A company meets their guidance and all of a sudden the end is near?
    07-01-13 05:52 PM
394 ... 678910 ...