Blackberry aint going anywhere soon. And again the faith of the company lies in our hands
    I want you to quantify this especially when 600,000 BB10 users left BlackBerry for the competition in the past month or two, and BlackBerry no is no longer giving anyone how many BB10 users they currently have (which is a sign the number to VERY small).
    07-01-13 02:35 PM
    Can someone tell me if Apple or Samsung breaks down sales per device, return rates? I watched that Apple reveal of the new OS7 and all that guy said is they have less return issues, not numbers.

So why are ppl calling for more transparency in number reporting when every other major smart phone maker is not doing the same?
    07-01-13 02:40 PM
    Can someone tell me if Apple or Samsung breaks down sales per device, return rates? I watched that Apple reveal of the new OS7 and all that guy said is they have less return issues, not numbers.

So why are ppl calling for more transparency in number reporting when every other major smart phone maker is not doing the same?
    Because Apple and Samsung are not on the ropes. They are not facing existential threat and BBY is. Trust me, if the picture was pretty, BBY would have provided more information. This is survival time… that's why.
    07-01-13 02:42 PM
    BB10 was launched prematurely. A date was set (30 January) and they met it. Ready or not. With popular applications that "were committed" and the device people MAY have wanted - the touch screen - launched 3 months later. It was PlayBook revisited.

The launch itself was ineffective and marketing non existent. Terrible way to get started.

In retrospect, they could have waited, done a better job with the US and told the truth (anyone remember Heins saying that this was the fastest selling BB launch)? Wonder what second best was.
    All good points and I don't disagree. They should have just timed the global launch with the US launch, and ideally come to market with 10.1. And whoever came up with their commercials needs to be fired. Horrible and forgettable at best. In terms of apps, we all knew it would be an uphill climb, but I think they are way ahead of where they were at the same point in time with the Playbook. If they can ever get Instagram and Netflix on board then that will help a lot. I'm hoping the next gen Z and Q (and Aristo) bring a more complete OS along with the popular missing apps. If they don't have this sorted out by the time the next get HW comes to market then they will really be in trouble.

And lastly, I wish TH and BBRY in general would just shut their mouthes and not make promises they can't deliver. I would also like to see them release one point release to the OS every quarter on the EXACT SAME DAY. Give people something to look forward to. And they also need to stop telling people "it's coming" in response to features and apps. Unless they can give an exact 100% iron clad date, then they need to STFU.
    07-01-13 02:44 PM
    For comparison...

IPhone sold 1.3 million phones in the first two quarters it was available

The first Android phone the G1 sold a million in about six months

The Windows Phone platform sold 3.3 million in the first two quarters of sales

BlackBerry has sold 2.7 million BlackBerry 10 phones in one quarter

I think it will take more time to see if BlackBerry 10 becomes popular and anyone expecting huge instant results from a completely new platform may be disappointed.

The good news is that they still have 3.1 BILLION in the bank and are not in danger of going out of business any time soon!

Posted via CB10
    2.7 million BlackBerry users in the first quarter is not an accurate number when BlackBerry has lost 600,000 BB10 users in the last month or two. They now refuse to provide anyone with the exact number of BB10 users which is sign they likely have fudged the number to begin with.

As for how much money they have be it 3.1 billion or million they would have had a lot more if they didn't spend it foolishly on advertising their name and logo on F1 cars. It costs MILLIONS to advertise and tens of millions to slap your name and logo onto F1 cars. I doubt they have sold a single device due to their name being in the Formula One sport itself.
    07-01-13 02:44 PM
    2.7 million BlackBerry users in the first quarter is not an accurate number when BlackBerry has lost 600,000 BB10 users in the last month or two. They now refuse to provide anyone with the exact number of BB10 users which is sign they likely have fudged the number to begin with.

As for how much money they have be it 3.1 billion or million they would have had a lot more if they didn't spend it foolishly on advertising their name and logo on F1 cars. It costs MILLIONS to advertise and tens of millions to slap your name and logo onto F1 cars. I doubt they have sold a single device due to their name being in the Formula One sport itself.
    They lost 600,000 BlackBerry 10 customers?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:46 PM

Well for starters have you seen how big Apple and Samsung are in comparison to BlackBerry? If BlackBerry wasn't hurting or on the brink of collapse people wouldn't be demanding more from them, and right now they have to abide by the wishes of their shareholders or risk their stock completely crashing. It's the cost of doing business.
    07-01-13 02:49 PM
    The point behind the comparison, and this should put it into context, is that the platforms mentioned were completely new just like the BlackBerry 10 platform. Sales were not stellar at first and it took time for the platforms to get traction...

Posted via CB10
    But unlike the BB10 platform, the original iPhone was unsubsidized, and available on just one U.S. carrier.

The original Android device was only available on T-Mobile.

The first WP devices featured a launch that was weaker than the Z10, but overall it's the most similar. Unfortunately, WP7 never caught on, so the comparison doesn't really help your case.

I understand the point you're attempting to make. . . you just haven't established it with evidence appropriate to the current circumstances.
    southlander likes this.
    07-01-13 02:49 PM
    They lost 600,000 BlackBerry 10 customers?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, BNN and other finical news outlets reported this last Friday. Weren't you listening?
    07-01-13 02:51 PM
    Reading this thread is depressing and reminds me of another one great company.

I used to love Palm devices, treo's , pilots etc and they took the mighty leap to update their os and created webos.

The scenarios are so simililar it's amazing and where are palm now and their brilliant os?

I give BB less than a year as an independent company.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    07-01-13 02:54 PM
    Just another lame article. It doesnt say its the beginning of the end, just the title... the media is always negative about BlackBerry just give the company more time. People do forget its a totally new OS, and 3 months are nothing. They cant be succesfull in a short time, especially after the bad press these years.

Give it time, enjoy your phone and live your life.
    Excuse me, more time?...the company already had TIME to do everything a good company can do with its products. They just didnt and more time is always there...people would not be there.
    07-01-13 02:55 PM
    But unlike the BB10 platform, the original iPhone was unsubsidized, and available on just one U.S. carrier.

The original Android device was only available on T-Mobile.

The first WP devices featured a launch that was weaker than the Z10, but overall it's the most similar. Unfortunately, WP7 never caught on, so the comparison doesn't really help your case.

I understand the point you're attempting to make. . . you just haven't established it with evidence appropriate to the current circumstances.
    Let me explain my point as simply as I can..how did they get from those low numbers to where they are today?
    As others have said, yes BlackBerry does have 72 million current users they should convert to BlackBerry 10. This will take time as not all can upgrade now and I would guess that a good chunk of those do not even know much about BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:55 PM
    Yes, BNN and other finical news outlets reported this last Friday. Weren't you listening?
    I saw you post this in another thread as well. I can't find this information and I didn't hear any source other than you state it. Do you have a link? I checked BNN's website and couldn't locate it there either.
    Last edited by D_March; 07-01-13 at 03:08 PM.
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    07-01-13 02:56 PM
    I'm not talking about comparing BB10 to other platforms based on its abilities or its feature set. After all, it's not the feature set that led to the article, but rather the fact that BBRY isn't selling enough devices to spur the apps, market share, profit share and overall visibility it needs to be successful.
    OK, I was just responding to what you said which was, "If the industry is moving so slowly, why did BBRY fall so far behind so quickly?" I replied by saying I only think BB10 is behind in apps. I can only assume you are aware that the previous BB OS was behind the newer OS's which is why BB lost market share and fell behind so quickly. And just to be clear I do think there were many fast advances a couple years back but we are talking about the current state of affairs and I feel the tech is not advancing quickly but the marketing of bloated hardware and rehashed software is saturating the industry.
    07-01-13 03:07 PM
    BlackBerry is making how many billions per quarter? How much is Nokia making as a comparison? Nokia has to sell 3 times as many phones as BlackBerry to make the same money, in fact you could go on and on about how precarious a situation Nokia's in and yet there's a tremendous upside to BlackBerry's situation which people are either ignoring or deliberately sweeping to one side.
    and yet nokias market value is higher than BB. BB might be making more profit per phone than Nokia but Nokia are selling more phones. And that's what its all about, getting the product into customers hands
    07-01-13 03:12 PM
    Also MS has other platforms that are being unified in the layout and common feature set ... Gaming Platform and Desktop which are HIGHLY successful ... Sony is doing the same with their Gaming and Internet Services offering and Media content. Apple ... Desktop and Services ... Google ... pure services both on mobile and desktop ....

BlackBerry doesn't have the obvious scalable tie-ins to the "average Joe". This will also get them into hot water when they need to look at financing a major long/short term loans ... and I don't see this as THEIR fault but with Morgan Stanley (I think they where involved in the restructuring along with) & BMO!!
    You muat be high on MS Kool Aid.if you think that junk Metro UI is anything other than a disaster for MS, not to mention that it is pretty far from benng unified...

...MS platforms are an utter mess, a.total pile of unorganized, half-baked, unfinished pile.of.****.

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    07-01-13 03:15 PM
    BBRY Needs MARKETING. Where in the hell is the Marketing. thats what killing BBRY right now, NO MARKETING. other than that they are cool right where they are at.
    xBURK likes this.
    07-01-13 03:18 PM

well if the numbers were fantastic then U would say like in the previous quarter
    07-01-13 03:20 PM
    Back to the future. Isn't this just a repeat to what they were saying several months ago. No one will know how BB will fair until after the holiday season when BB has a full line of BB10 for sale.
    07-01-13 03:21 PM
    What is BB known for? Its keypad smart phone. What have reporter upon reporter been writing about "I am still waiting to get my hands on the Q"
    I for one am surprised at how many Z they did sell considering few (who were more apt to wait for the Q) even knew they even had a NEW platform Full touch screen. Not sure about you guys but the fact that this company can continue to shoot it self in the foot and STILL remain alive (no debt and cash on hand) is basically telling you that they have the technology that will always have a significant customer base. NOW, lets see what happens when the Q is out there full steam.
    07-01-13 03:23 PM
    This is exactly it. The market has rejected them. Yes the OS has it's issues but not more so than WP8 for example. Real shame because is actually quite good
    I think it is a little different than WP8. With Nokia you know you're getting good hardware and you know MS has the bank roll to ensure WP has some meaningful piece of the pie. It also helps when you see W8, Xbox 360/One looking just like your phone and behaving the same. It's one of the most coherent ecosystems.
    07-01-13 03:29 PM
    WP8 still doesn't have all the major apps either and according to some people over on WPCentral it still lacks in some areas. The difference is MS has money for a huge advertising push and to continue pushing WP till it succeeds. BBRY ain't so fortunate.
    at launch wp8 had 65% of ois/androids top 200 apps. BB10 only 35%
    cckgz4 and thekonger like this.
    07-01-13 03:34 PM
    CNN gets money by how many people click on their web pages, so if they put scary titles on them, they know you'll click on it, they've learned that from experience. They also know that if they have a dramatic article, you might pass it on and get other people to click on it.

It's just journalistic fluff put out to make money.
    xBURK likes this.
    07-01-13 03:44 PM
    Reading that article only makes me think of one thing. Marketing, marketing, marketing. I just can't say it enough. What a waste they didn't take advantage of a marketing company that could have at least produced a campaign on par with other companies. Why? I'll never understand? When it came to the biggest thing BlackBerry had to address, they just settled for the same old tired crap. What a shame and a huge disappointment. I wanted so much for this company. Yes, I have know idea what I'm talking about, but it doesn't take a full brain to figure out marketing is the only way to sell to large numbers. I'm afraid it's over now. Trying to change their marketing in mid- stride is most likely even harder to pull off. Oh well, I still have the best phone out there. My under-marketed Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 03:49 PM
    End may be near for BlackBerry - Jul. 1, 2013

Now things have gotten real. BBRY is now a takeover target. So much for a fun ride.
    That epitaph has been written and rewritten (not to mention hauled out and dusted off) so many times over the past two to three years, yet the patient (RIM/BBRY) refuses to die. I am still rooting for BBRY to stir itself and come alive out of this mess.
    07-01-13 03:50 PM
394 ... 56789 ...