Apparently no one noticed the misleading thread title. The quoted article does not say the end IS near. it says MAY BE near. The article also does not present the collapse of BBRY as a fait accompli as evidenced by the last two paragraphs:

Even if BlackBerry tried and failed to find a buyer -- or refused to consider that option -- and the downward spiral continued, the company wouldn't disappear overnight. BlackBerry will certainly tap into its big cash hoard to continue marketing BlackBerry 10 devices.

"No matter what they do, the wrong move won't kill you overnight, and the right move won't save you overnight," Milanesi said. "It's going to be a long, drawn-out process."
    07-01-13 08:27 AM
    Many have an opinion including myself but the world spins faster every year. Eventually all top tech companies will succumb to the passage of time, some a little sooner than others. BlackBerry will evolve into a new entity and serve its clients to the best of its abilities.
    07-01-13 08:27 AM
    "So you thought i was dead huh??

Acting!! "

Here is 10.2 with all cool features and the rest of the bb10 devices.

And yeah the playbook update.

Oh BlackBerry u so cool

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:30 AM
    The smartphone business doesn't give any time. ... it's fast and it won't wait for BlackBerry to catch up...
    No true, it waited for Windows Phone 7, then Windows Phone 8 before Microsoft got any real market share.
    07-01-13 08:31 AM
    May I ask what is your experience with BB10? Just curious to understand your user experience.

Posted via CB10
    Of course you may ask.
    I bought my Z10 in early march, nice phone but nothing special compared to my friends Iphone/SG3 or 4.
    In France I have not seen one Z10 in the wild.
    I think that BB10 is not a commercial success and that it will not save BB.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    07-01-13 08:34 AM
    Fix the problems with BB10? That's the problem! BB10 doesn't have huge problems. It is a really good OS. This is much worse, it is a rejection of the platform in the marketplace. A software update won't fix that. I'm not sure what could fix it.
    Exactly.

The public has responded to Blackberry's offering - and they're saying "no, thank you".

It's not the OS (which is really good), it's not the marketing or the current management. It's all about the years of mistakes that lead them to where they are today. It's much too little, too late. People have invested their money and time in other ecosystems that offer so much more. Those who haven't jumped to those competing ecosystems yet have a hard time ignoring them and going with a brand/product that offers so much less. The Blackberry name is dirt.

I've said it for years and I'll say it again... unless Blackberry can offer something that everyone wants and no-one has delivered (ie. a real game changer) - it's too little, too late.

Those of you who keep dismissing these articles as useless, and keep thinking there's a conspiracy against BB - it's time to take your heads out of the sand and start looking at the real world. Hurry up and go through the 5 stages of grief and get to "acceptance" already! You'll feel so much better about it.
    07-01-13 08:38 AM
    Of course you may ask.
    I bought my Z10 in early march, nice phone but nothing special compared to my friends Iphone/SG3 or 4.
    In France I have not seen one Z10 in the wild.
    I think that BB10 is not a commercial success and that it will not save BB.
    Dude same here i also bought on march but i have made the most out of it.
    Its a really cool device. I never like s4 or the iphone. Ipad mini is my choice in ios devices for reading and more.

But for phone, nothing beats z10.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and Acumenight like this.
    07-01-13 08:39 AM
    I keep seeing people say how fast phone tech moves...really? I'm not seeing that so much lately. The SGIV added a bigger processor and reportedly lags. The iPhone 5 added a slightly larger screen. I didn't see much functionality added software wise from either. I know apple has ios 7 coming out where they will be rehashing Web OS and my little pony. That should come out in a couple months with the iphone 5s. I just don't see this rapidly moving tech. I do see hardware additions being marketed to death and old software being repackaged and marketed as new. I think BlackBerry 10 will make it. But it will take awhile to get there.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:43 AM
    Exactly.

The public has responded to Blackberry's offering - and they're saying "no, thank you".

It's not the OS (which is really good), it's not the marketing or the current management. It's all about the years of mistakes that lead them to where they are today. It's much too little, too late. People have invested their money and time in other ecosystems that offer so much more. Those who haven't jumped to those competing ecosystems yet have a hard time ignoring them and going with a brand/product that offers so much less. The Blackberry name is dirt.

I've said it for years and I'll say it again... unless Blackberry can offer something that everyone wants and no-one has delivered (ie. a real game changer) - it's too little, too late.

Those of you who keep dismissing these articles as useless, and keep thinking there's a conspiracy against BB - it's time to take your heads out of the sand and start looking at the real world. Hurry up and go through the 5 stages of grief and get to "acceptance" already! You'll feel so much better about it.
    What part of the acceptance stage has you posting on CrackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    bigbmc26 and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    07-01-13 08:45 AM
    The picture they showed though is where I think BB still is, the crossroads. I'm thinking one more quarter is needed to see if BB is still on the long slide down or recovery. The reason being that the Q10 is still rolling out and the Q5 is just starting its roll out. The weak results are a direct result of BB not getting these phones out to us at a quicker pace. They can blame the carriers all they want, but it makes no sense that the Q10 phone was announced at the end of January and is just now launching in major markets in June. They've given away any momentum that could have been gained from the launch with inital sales numbers.

I think BB still has a chance, if they quicken the release of the Q5 and with the A10 launch, but they have to launch it differently than their other products have in the past. The A10 has to be available every where, preferably on the same day, but no later than a couple of days after it is announced. I should also be able to buy it from their own website. They already have the shopblackberry website so I can not understand their refusal to not directly sell factory unlocked phones from there.
    2 Phonez and aniym like this.
    07-01-13 08:46 AM
    Will anyone even develop any new apps for bb10 looking at their disappointed numbers, this is a vicious cycle which will surely take bb down.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    07-01-13 08:46 AM
    Is this the same full-of-**** CNN Money who.posted a famously ******** "review" full of false, factually incorrect claims, completely burying Z10, never revealing his investment position...?

Anyone ever taking CNN Money seriously is.one sorry@ss clueless person, seriously... you can read a lot of junk on Seeking Alpha etc but at least you can see their positions, not to mention having arguments (valid or invalid, doesn't matter), unlike this amateur BS site CNN Money... CNN is pure **** for years now, they cut all their reporters to almost nothing, no investigative force for many years, litlle to zero journalism, only.stupid sensationalism but even there they are the cheapest, lowest quality ****-providers - now that's TV, what do you think a zero visibility web page with no staff will produce any better, especially when it comes to such famously research-intensive topic like business?
    CNN is junk, CNN Money is a joke.

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    07-01-13 08:48 AM
    Dude same here i also bought on march but i have made the most out of it.
    Its a really cool device. I never like s4 or the iphone. Ipad mini is my choice in ios devices for reading and more.

But for phone, nothing beats z10.
    Unfortunately for BB, you and the people who feel like you are a distinctly tiny and negligible minority. The other 99.1% of the market (at least here in the U.S.) could care less about BB. Nothing is going to change that. BB had its chance and took its best shot.
    anon(5828343) and richardat like this.
    07-01-13 08:51 AM
    What part of the acceptance stage has you posting on CrackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    He is posting because he "cares" about posters here. That or because he is a giant dild* who can't see that people here know the the Blackberry OS is the best there is with the most potential for the future.

Here's hoping others come around sooner than later.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 08:54 AM
    Will anyone even develop any new apps for bb10 looking at their disappointed numbers, this is a vicious cycle which will surely take bb down.

Posted via CB10

Exactly - and this is why I didn't understand why BB is still dragging their feet on Android 4.2.2, it should have been ALREADY released with full Android support (perhaps including Play Store), alone preventing me from returning my Z10, giving me the peace of mind with my Android apps instead of the hit-or-miss feeling and the ridiculous runaround BS to get them on the device (sideloading is NOT a real option for the masses, IT IS NOT, period.)

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    CairnsRock and m0de25 like this.
    07-01-13 08:54 AM
    The picture they showed though is where I think BB still is, the crossroads. I'm thinking one more quarter is needed to see if BB is still on the long slide down or recovery. The reason being that the Q10 is still rolling out and the Q5 is just starting its roll out. The weak results are a direct result of BB not getting these phones out to us at a quicker pace. They can blame the carriers all they want, but it makes no sense that the Q10 phone was announced at the end of January and is just now launching in major markets in June. They've given away any momentum that could have been gained from the launch with inital sales numbers.

I think BB still has a chance, if they quicken the release of the Q5 and with the A10 launch, but they have to launch it differently than their other products have in the past. The A10 has to be available every where, preferably on the same day, but no later than a couple of days after it is announced. I should also be able to buy it from their own website. They already have the shopblackberry website so I can not understand their refusal to not directly sell factory unlocked phones from there.
    If you think that the Q10 -- which says nothing more to the market other than "Hey, you can still get one of those 2008-style BlackBerry QWERTY phones" -- is somehow going to reverse what's going on here, I would very much like to partake of what you are smoking. Nor is the A10 going to change BBRY's market fortunes. It's just a Z10 with a 5" screen. The market has rejected the platform, and BBRY is either going to soldier on as a tiny niche player lumped in the category of "Other" or its going to be sold for parts.
    look_alive likes this.
    07-01-13 08:58 AM
    It'll likely take a few more quarters before bb considers their options which will lead to one of these options 1) license bb10 2) sell patents 3) partnership 4) go android 5) go wp

Plus More layoffs and more cutbacks are on the horizon to save cash and survive.
    07-01-13 08:58 AM
    I just don't see this rapidly moving tech. I do see hardware additions being marketed to death and old software being repackaged and marketed as new. I think BlackBerry 10 will make it. But it will take awhile to get there.

Posted via CB10
    If the industry is moving so slowly, why did BBRY fall so far behind so quickly?
    mikeo007 and Ragwan like this.
    07-01-13 09:02 AM
    If you think that the Q10 -- which says nothing more to the market other than "Hey, you can still get one of those 2008-style BlackBerry QWERTY phones" -- is somehow going to reverse what's going on here, I would very much like to partake of what you are smoking. Nor is the A10 going to change BBRY's market fortunes. It's just a Z10 with a 5" screen. The market has rejected the platform, and BBRY is either going to soldier on as a tiny niche player lumped in the category of "Other" or its going to be sold for parts.
    I agree with your post. Heins will need to make tough choices to survive as a standalone company which is obvious at this point and to save cash.

The reality is that the market has rejected bb10 or seems that way, in any case that 3b goes fast when you're trying to survive and fighting an uphill battle.
    07-01-13 09:04 AM
    that is a good question and smart competitors know thew answer: fix the market perception. BBRY has died in media and consumers eyes, not cool, old news, passive Canadian company.

It's time to tell a great story about who BBRY devices are for, what they excel at and stop trying to play other folks games. IMHO, don't chase apps, I love that a ton of features are built into the OS....extend that in a way that puts other devices to shame.

I understand folks feel apps are important...i understand how the marketing is geared toward winners and media darlings. I recommend letting the folks who must have apps, go to the other platforms. downsize the business and excel at serving folks in a niche. The cash is not there fight with Samsung or Apple, but the smartphone market is still growing and therefore profits are still available.
    rthonpm and melb_me like this.
    07-01-13 09:06 AM
    He is posting because he "cares" about posters here. That or because he is a giant dild* who can't see that people here know the the Blackberry OS is the best there is with the most potential for the future.

Here's hoping others come around sooner than later.

Posted via CB10
    That future better come quickly. . .1 million devices a month isn't going to attract developers when iOS is selling 20 million iOS devices a month and Android is selling even more than that. Nothing is "over" yet, but the turnaround needs to be significant and immediate.
    07-01-13 09:07 AM
    Have you tried searching for BBRY stock ticker on CNN Money? No result. You type RIMM and it comes up BlackBerry. They can't even update their search index while every other sites has! What a slap in the face!
    Just did it. BBRY is listed. BBRY - BlackBerry Stock quote - CNNMoney.com

While I agree that CNN sucks, use facts. Doing otherwise makes you no better.
    tstrike34, ccbs and Coachbulldog like this.
    07-01-13 09:12 AM
    I respect your opinion...but the fact is the market does not know about BB10. The launch execution was poor to put it mildly. I thing BBRY over estimated the loyalty and goodwill in the market and underestimated the cost to re-launch into this hyper competitive marketplace.

I'm sure everyone saw the reports about how much money was spent by Samsung and Apple to compete against each other.......in case you missed it..it was well over 1 Billion each. That buys a lot of attention. Look at HTC ( running on Android) low sales, low attention, great product. The market did not reject Android did it? NOPE. HTC failed to market the way Samsung did and voila.

So, my simple point is : BBRY, failed to execute on the launch, folks don't know or care and what you see is low attention and low sales. Today's market dictates that you either go big or go home. Unless you zig when other's zag
    07-01-13 09:16 AM
    as far as im concerned, any press is good press.

BlackBerry will survive and prevail.
    07-01-13 09:17 AM
    not time to bring out sinatra yet.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    07-01-13 09:17 AM
394 1234 ...