Top ranked Morgan Stanley analyst discusses BlackBerry margin increase from 31% to 40%, as well as the 3M subscriber loss.

Discussion on BlackBerry begins at the 1:40 mark.

BlackBerry's Wild Ride - CNBC
    03-29-13 11:15 PM
    one of the 'quotes' on the bottom ticker is

"sellout LINES on opening day may no longer be litmus test for success"

EXACTLY!
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    03-29-13 11:21 PM
    one of the 'quotes' on the bottom ticker is

"sellout LINES on opening day may no longer be litmus test for success"

EXACTLY!
    What I don't get, now in 2013, is why so many people focus so heavily on those who stand in line, and ignore the crowds that sit online.
    03-30-13 12:08 AM
    What I don't get, now in 2013, is why so many people focus so heavily on those who stand in line, and ignore the crowds that sit online.
    Because news can get an image if the lines. Apple made lines popular and people can be interviewed in line, be filmed in line and so on. It's all about press and spin

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:23 AM
    Because news can get an image if the lines. Apple made lines popular and people can be interviewed in line, be filmed in line and so on. It's all about press and spin
    I'm curious... when Apple was arranging for their lines to be filmed by the press (and in Samsung ads ;-) ), did they have lines at most stores, or was it ultimately just at a few flagship locations?

Did they initially launch only at their own stores, to artificially create lineups? And maybe focus all the attention on a handful where they either knew there'd be long lines, or where they made special arrangements to ensure long lines?

Did people line up at Best Buy in similar numbers, everywhere, on Apple launch days?

I'm not saying the lines were all faked... I'm quite sure many Apple fans have camped out for days etc. That's not in question. I'm just curious if it's really as ubiquitous as the press makes it seem.
    03-30-13 07:49 AM
    It's because you can sell those iPhones on eBay or Craigslist for profits
    03-30-13 11:33 AM
    It's because you can sell those iPhones on eBay or Craigslist for profits
    That's not a terribly bad point really... there were certainly people buying some of the early Canadian and UK Z10s just so they could sell them elsewhere.
    03-30-13 02:47 PM
    03-30-13 02:50 PM
    Tran...are drunk dude?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:08 PM
    Tran...are drunk dude?

Posted via CB10
    Get off the computer and watch some tv.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:52 PM
    Interesting take on the subscriber loss. While I heard that from Heins, I haven't really seen alot of analysts outside of Canada that were convinced of this. I guess the numbers don't lie though. It's interesting how some of those guys refuse to accept the positive news coming out of BBRY. Like the guy that apparently knows lots of people who had iphones, tried the Z10, and then went back. Yet no one on the panel mentioned stories like this:

Kevin O'Leary dumps his iPhone for the BlackBerry Z10 | CrackBerry.com
    03-30-13 09:32 PM
    Interesting take on the subscriber loss. While I heard that from Heins, I haven't really seen alot of analysts outside of Canada that were convinced of this. I guess the numbers don't lie though. It's interesting how some of those guys refuse to accept the positive news coming out of BBRY. Like the guy that apparently knows lots of people who had iphones, tried the Z10, and then went back. Yet no one on the panel mentioned stories like this:

most are to stubborn to admit they are wrong so they are pullign at things to try an prove their point
    03-31-13 07:36 PM

That guy must know 99% of everyone that switched to the Z10 and then switched back again sinve we don't hear much about them, he must have hundreds of millions of friends on Facebook.
    04-01-13 03:09 AM
    If blackberry only released at one store within 60 km then they would have had line ups. I remember when I got my phone I tried getting it off contract, went to a mall and literally went to 8 different stores in that one mall to try and get it off contract. I can't wait when an apple launch doesn't see the same turn out that stock will go tumbling.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:18 AM