BlackBerry CEO: Focused on enterprise

Another interesting interview.
    riss89 likes this.
    07-28-14 12:07 PM
    They stated: "I'll have more from him - some news that is breaking tomorrow in that space."
    That quote was in reference to a so-called 'dance partner' or strategic partnership. Any guesses on who they will be partnering with?
    07-28-14 12:12 PM
    It doesn't quite sound like Chen has major duet partnerships on the goal list for Blackberry. I think he recognizes partnering up has benefits and wants Blackberry to work symbiotically with other companies, but all in all he wants Blackberry to be able to stand on it's own. Ever since the announcement of IBM/Apple team-up it's like suddenly so many people expect Blackberry to scurry out and follow suit. Chen is staying true to course with the plan, there's no monkey see monkey do with him.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-28-14 12:34 PM
    They stated: "I'll have more from him - some news that is breaking tomorrow in that space."
    That quote was in reference to a so-called 'dance partner' or strategic partnership. Any guesses on who they will be partnering with?
    Didn't get that... said they had something to announce "in that space" and he was talking about enterprise. Possible something on BMM Protected?

Strange the interviewer said something about BBM and consumer market getting less focus.... wonder if Chen said something else to him about BBMx? Or if he is just speculating that BlackBerry is giving up on anything with a consumer orientation? (the Z3 is an enterprise device)

Personally I'm kinda surprised that after almost a year we don't see BBMx Voice and BBMx Video and a way to monetize them yet.
    07-28-14 04:09 PM
    I was expecting monetization to be for enterprise users while consumers get it for free.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 10:59 PM