Chris U. I have been confidently long for two years. BBRY has been my largest position in a successful portfolio. You may remember me commenting on a couple of your articles. Every sign seemed to point bullish.

But BBM cross platform has me concerned. It seemed like BBRY was out of the woods. Profits soon to come. Now they are trading surefire profits for a free social platform. I am concerned. Not selling but less confident.

Every data point we have seen on CB and on twitter indicates there will be an exodus from BIS plans in Indonesia and UK once BBM hits ios and droid, accelerating the service revenue decline dramatically.

I wouldn't be surprised if service revs are cut in half in 8 months. Where are they going to make up this profit? Are there some ad partners in place for BBM channels? BES? I do not think they can make this up from hardware sales alone.

I hope they have a plan in place. If you could shed some light on this in the forums or a blog post I'd appreciate it. A1

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:32 PM
    I'm sorry but this is such a pointless thread. Take some responsibility for your actions and sell then.

Also BBM was popular because of the low cost data plans. Compression is not a selling point on the new platform nor will it be a factor for iOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 04:08 PM
    Is this a joke?

Why would anyone want to talk you out of selling?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:11 PM
    I want to know who is Chris U and if he actually remembers the OP commenting on his articles.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:56 PM
    Haha chill guys just trying to get some conversation going about service revenues and the platform churn rates no need for personal attacks

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:29 AM
    At the margins that bbry is selling the bb10 devices for service revenues are a dead issue. Do you think apple or Samsung have service revenues coming in?no its all hardware profit granted Samsung sells a lot mor then apple but the point is, bbry plans on bes and hardware revenues. Consumers don't want to pay a service fee

Bbm as a cross platform means other revenues for bbry some in the former of ads plastered on cross platform bbm the same way developers make profits off free apps on Apple or android apps. Us bbry uses have the advantage of having this native to us so ads can be removed.

This is also a way to get their product known to other platform users. They can bring in a gesture based interface to the app to show users what they platform has to offer as well as advertise their new products to other users as well.

Product recognition is a part of marketing. And sometimes you have to pay a little to get the sales

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:51 PM