At least for the next quarter or two all hands have been shown. IMO the fight now is between Z10, Galaxy S4 and iphone 5. The only other surprise - the one I think that will settle the fight is Z10's younger brother - the Q10.

I think the dividing lines have become clear. Blackberry is all about business, productivity and getting things done. Samsung is about gimmicks, wasting time and also trying to get things done. Apple is, well just Apple - they have their very own special way of doing things.

How will this affect the SP and future sales of BBRY?

I think the S4 will sell well. I hate to say it but I think many in the US like gimmicks. They would rather stand around the water cooler waving their hands scrolling web pages then actually getting things done. At least, on the apathetic, 'I don't really want to get any work done' kind of level.

The iphone 5 will continue to sell as it has the entire Apple ecosystem going for it. More and more I am seeing Macbook pros instead of Dell, HP or Lenovo laptops. People have their ipads and itunes and the kids have their ipods.

I think the Z10 will emerge as the phone that doesn't play games (although I've played some very good ones on it). It wouldn't hurt if Blackberry released some more gimmicks on the software end just like Samsung has done with the S4. Also, BB needs to get all of the major apps on board to really compete. I think this will happen and certainly with sideloading most of the large apps will be present. And then, we have the Q10 coming out and I truly believe this phone will be the comeback kid - in a big way. I expect miracles from the Q10 in terms of sell through and garnering headlines. People are going to love it!

Of course, there are big questions remaining? What other devices will BB bring to market this year? What further enhancements can they make with the QNX system? How successful will they be in retaining enterprise market share?

Lastly, MS and Nokia - I honestly believe they are deader then a lump of coal.
    AfroZepher likes this.
    03-15-13 12:36 PM
    At least for the next quarter or two all hands have been shown. IMO the fight now is between Z10, Galaxy S4 and iphone 5. The only other surprise - the one I think that will settle the fight is Z10's younger brother - the Q10.

I think the dividing lines have become clear. Blackberry is all about business, productivity and getting things done. Samsung is about gimmicks, wasting time and also trying to get things done. Apple is, well just Apple - they have their very own special way of doing things.

How will this affect the SP and future sales of BBRY?

I think the S4 will sell well. I hate to say it but I think many in the US like gimmicks. They would rather stand around the water cooler waving their hands scrolling web pages then actually getting things done. At least, on the apathetic, 'I don't really want to get any work done' kind of level.

The iphone 5 will continue to sell as it has the entire Apple ecosystem going for it. More and more I am seeing Macbook pros instead of Dell, HP or Lenovo laptops. People have their ipads and itunes and the kids have their ipods.

I think the Z10 will emerge as the phone that doesn't play games (although I've played some very good ones on it). It wouldn't hurt if Blackberry released some more gimmicks on the software end just like Samsung has done with the S4. Also, BB needs to get all of the major apps on board to really compete. I think this will happen and certainly with sideloading most of the large apps will be present. And then, we have the Q10 coming out and I truly believe this phone will be the comeback kid - in a big way. I expect miracles from the Q10 in terms of sell through and garnering headlines. People are going to love it!

Of course, there are big questions remaining? What other devices will BB bring to market this year? What further enhancements can they make with the QNX system? How successful will they be in retaining enterprise market share?

Lastly, MS and Nokia - I honestly believe they are deader then a lump of coal.
    Dosn't HTC have something dropping soon. . .I think they will surprise many people as well. . .
    03-15-13 12:46 PM
    Blackberry is all about business, productivity and getting things done. Samsung is about gimmicks, wasting time and also trying to get things done.

That's a myth. BBRY has not done a good job keeping their old enterprise customers on board. I should know -- my company is one of them. No BES 10 or BB 10 devices for us -- and just up until 3 years ago, we were a BB-only company. Now, with the exception of legacy BBs, we are effectively an Android and iOS only company. And we will still "get things done" because email and calendar work quite well on those devices. Everything other than those two things are gimmicks -- on any device.
    03-15-13 12:54 PM
    It's a big world for smartphone users... the old adage " those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it ).....it not really a question who will beat who when it comes to BB it really is the pecking order... Who will be 1 2 3 and 4 with 4 probably fading into history..... either BB or WP8 will carve out and niche at 3( not bad thing ) Apple and Android will battle for 1 and 2 for a couple of years and fade with new leaders coming up.... and the cycle will begin again.... the world after all is cyclical.....
    03-15-13 01:01 PM
    i disagree about the Q. BB lead with the touchscreen and its going to sell over the Q. Look how many people that have never used a touchscreen BB jump on the z10 bandwagon and love the typing. touchscreen is in on all fronts. There are people that will only use a keyboard device but their are far more that will use a touchscreen. BB finally came thru and made a good touchscreen.
    03-15-13 01:07 PM
    I think the Z10 will emerge as the phone that doesn't play games (although I've played some very good ones on it).
    I think the BB10 phones will be seen as the phones that not only let you "get stuff done" more easily and faster than on any other platform, but also as phones that absolutely do play games, and exceptionally well. Especially when plugged into an HDMI screen. And using a game pad.

Mobile computing == one device can do it all.

And even the heavy-duty, multitasking, Type A, power-user people who like to "keep moving" need some down time every now and then.
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-15-13 03:13 PM
    i disagree about the Q. BB lead with the touchscreen and its going to sell over the Q. Look how many people that have never used a touchscreen BB jump on the z10 bandwagon and love the typing. touchscreen is in on all fronts. There are people that will only use a keyboard device but their are far more that will use a touchscreen. BB finally came thru and made a good touchscreen.
    In my view, the market has spoken, all touch is what most folks want. I might agree that Corporate users might be more apt to choose a qwerty, but for the most part, all touch rules the day.

With Rim continuing to focus on the text-based OS qwerty devices caused them to miss out on billions of revenue and allowed IOS and Android to overtake and exponentially expand the smartphone market. All while Rim was staring at its navel and bleeding market share.

I think launching the competitive all touch Z10 was a stroke of genius as it put Blackberry back in the consumer game, with the Q10 coming after to satisfy the die-hard keyboard fans. Finally a strategy that reflects the real world.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-16-13 10:21 AM
    see....there is a problem with the transcontinental thing.....I read that the chips were on the table and my mind just went to "what about the haddock?"

OK....sorry.....I've got a craving for fish and chips....

a real craving.
    03-16-13 10:27 AM
    see....there is a problem with the transcontinental thing.....I read that the chips were on the table and my mind just went to "what about the haddock?"

OK....sorry.....I've got a craving for fish and chips....

a real craving.
    Like this?
    The Chips are on the table-fish.png

Now I'm hungrey!
    03-16-13 01:08 PM
    Like this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	141703

Now I'm hungrey!
    OMG you just made me think of Leo's in Dublin. Right N of St Paddy's and SE of Guinness Brewery. Across from Christ Church.

A MUST GO in Dublin.

http://www.leoburdock.com/

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-16-13 01:21 PM
    Mix all the above (keep fish&chips safe though), shake and you have the picture.
    Now, there's something fundamental that IMHO miss in this shake : the brand.
    Just use your common perception; what were the words associated with BlackBerry (furthermore the well unknown RIM) ? Remember 1 year ago ? The black sheep ? The DOA ? The antiquated ? The "advocates and bankers thing" ? (ad lib).

Now, what's associated with BlackBerry ?
    I'm not sure the "for business" is what is popping first and I must say, I like that. In this line, the "people who do" is far more unifying, further more under the privacy/security concern. BBs have been stolen by kids to their parents on upgrades because BBM was efficient, global and free and the keyboard was unmatched. I believe many will now choose a BlackBerry Z or Q because ... "it's so cool" not to be in the same sticky hands forever.
    "So cool" and "BlackBerry" in the same sentence, when have you read/heard that in the 5 last years ?

Definitely, the brand image has changed. And this will have a very big influence on future buying behavior, IMHO.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-16-13 02:16 PM