The combination of Chen & Watsa should do wonders for the China and India markets...huge potential!

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    Shanerredflag and notafanboy like this.
    11-27-13 07:34 PM
    Not the prize US market but between China and India that is a hell of a lot of people. I hope they don't forget about the Americans but those are two great markets to regain global market share and revenue. Not to mention in those countries BlackBerry doesn't carry all the negative sentiment it does in North America and the UK.

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    11-27-13 08:40 PM
    I don't think the average consumer in India or China has heard of Thorsten, Chen, or Watsa, nor ever will.
    cgk, needforbbx, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    11-27-13 08:41 PM
    Not the prize US market but between China and India that is a hell of a lot of people. I hope they don't forget about the Americans but those are two great markets to regain global market share and revenue. Not to mention in those countries BlackBerry doesn't carry all the negative sentiment it does in North America and the UK.

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    You are so wrong... that creepy negativity is probably as strong as it is in America... these guys think that Android phones are god.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:43 PM
    I don't think the average consumer in India or China has heard of Thorsten, Chen, or Watsa, nor ever will.
    But let's hope in five years they know what BBM is, and Channels

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    11-27-13 08:44 PM
    The combination of Chen & Watsa should do wonders for the China and India markets...huge potential!

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    Because of racial determinism?

Maybe one of the most unintended offensive threads I have seen in a while.
    11-28-13 12:55 AM

And this reaction says a lot about you..

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 01:42 AM
    That I think making determinations about individuals based on racial characteristics is inherently a bad thing? I said the same thing when people were attacking Heins for being German - as if that was his defining characteristic.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    11-28-13 02:00 AM

Maybe, with Chen, they OP was referring more to his career background?

"Mr. Chen is actively involved in international relations. He has testified before Congress on U.S.?China trade relations.[3] U.S. President George W. Bush appointed Chen to serve on the President's Export Council in 2005.[10] In 2006, he was appointed co-chair of the Secure Borders and Open Doors Advisory Committee" (Wikipedia)

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    11-28-13 03:40 AM
    So, because Prem Watsa and John Chen are from India and China, this is supposed to do wonders for BlackBerry's presence in those countries?

Sorry, but that's so off-base. Did Thorsten Heins' tenure put BlackBerry at #1 in Germany? Did Frank Boulben's position as CMO propel BlackBerry to greatness in France?

I can't believe people think like this.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:21 AM
    I think OP is talking about how these individuals have business connections in those countries. I don't understand some of the negative energy people who spend hours, days, weeks and their months on a BlackBerry fan website just to complain about Everything and nothing.

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ likes this.
    11-30-13 11:20 AM
    Really? So you look at their skin colour and that's what you assume? I would assume Chen being in s.v would bring some talent and connection to the us market. Smh
    11-30-13 11:35 AM
    Really? So you look at their skin colour and that's what you assume? I would assume Chen being in s.v would bring some talent and connection to the us market. Smh
    Yes Chan also has strong connections in the US as well. Nothing to complain about or be upset but I am sure some will try.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:39 PM
    Wasta left india 40 years ago. He probably hasn't visited India for years. What's the point of such nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    needforbbx likes this.
    11-30-13 05:39 PM
    Wasta left india 40 years ago. He probably hasn't visited India for years. What's the point of such nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    That I think making determinations about individuals based on racial characteristics is inherently a bad thing? I said the same thing when people were attacking Heins for being German - as if that was his defining characteristic.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    You know Chen has a lot of ties with China (chinese companies) right? That's not racist, it's a fact.
    The fact that Prem is in the India's news a lot (most of their news sites and basically all their papers) must give him some ties with India.

Simple minded people, give simple minded reactions.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-01-13 12:46 AM
    Silly thread.

Where are their citizenships?

Bingo.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 10:00 AM

lol agreed
    12-02-13 10:53 PM
    To all the people losing their minds and calling racism....the OP was only speaking about the connections they may have being influential business figures. Calm down. And sorry to break it to you but with all things being equal, a person of Chinese discent will likely have more success doing business in China than others and same goes for any other country. It's not racism, it's human nature so calm down folks.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:02 PM
    To all the people losing their minds and calling racism....the OP was only speaking about the connections they may have being influential business figures. Calm down. And sorry to break it to you but with all things being equal, a person of Chinese discent will likely have more success doing business in China than others and same goes for any other country. It's not racism, it's human nature so calm down folks.

Posted via CB10
    no one is sayign it won't help but it is an insight based on race this is in a world that is very race concious racism is screamed for the smallest things.

also that said thses two will not likely be makign any deals in these countries it'll be a sales team doing it, and watsa isn't even a figure head he's just a board member and no one really knows board members they simply just know the figure head in charge of things which is the CEO
    12-02-13 11:12 PM
    no one is sayign it won't help but it is an insight based on race this is in a world that is very race concious racism is screamed for the smallest things.

also that said thses two will not likely be makign any deals in these countries it'll be a sales team doing it, and watsa isn't even a figure head he's just a board member and no one really knows board members they simply just know the figure head in charge of things which is the CEO
    This is in no way shape or form racism. I understand what you mean about the world being race conscious but that's exactly the problem. The world has become overly sensitive. In just stating a fact of the man nature. For example, I am lebanese (lived in Canada most of my life), but I can guarantee I would have an easier time doing trying to do business in Lebanon than someone else who may not be of lebanese descent. This does not make me or anyone I deal with in any way racist or is it in any way a slight against anyone else's race. All it means is humans tend to gravitate to those with similar backgrounds and cultures....again human nature and nothing else. that's all the OP was getting at from what I gathered.

Posted via CB10
    togarika likes this.
    12-02-13 11:18 PM
    Lol. Don't know where you get that from, but BlackBerry is very much in the news on daily basis. When I went to pick up my Z10 back in February, few 'average consumers' did react like, 'was Heins launching a phone?' to how he was presenting the all the new platform.

And those who may have not heard any of these names, there's no reason they won't if BlackBerry is back!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:33 PM
    But let's hope in five years they know what BBM is, and Channels

Posted via CB10
    You're kidding, right?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 11:34 PM
    If your theory is correct (), BB is in big trouble in India, because the head of Android and Chrome OS development is Sundar Pichai, who was born and raised in India.
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    12-03-13 12:37 PM
    Maybe it would be a lot better to look at these markets and what are the driving factors of why people buy the devices that they buy and trying to figure out how to compete. Being that China and India both have homegrown smartphone companies that are producing super cheap devices and that BB10 devices don't have the cheaper BIS plans to fall back onto.... I think for now those markets are going to continue on without BlackBerry.

Regardless of who has what contacts.

But who knows maybe Chen contacts will help him find a manufacturer that can build devices much cheaper.
    12-04-13 03:18 PM
    This is in no way shape or form racism. I understand what you mean about the world being race conscious but that's exactly the problem. The world has become overly sensitive. In just stating a fact of the man nature. For example, I am lebanese (lived in Canada most of my life), but I can guarantee I would have an easier time doing trying to do business in Lebanon than someone else who may not be of lebanese descent. This does not make me or anyone I deal with in any way racist or is it in any way a slight against anyone else's race. All it means is humans tend to gravitate to those with similar backgrounds and cultures....again human nature and nothing else. that's all the OP was getting at from what I gathered.

Posted via CB10
    The same can be said about America then.

BB should have hired a CEO born and bred in the USA as it is clear this is where the negativity is derived from and the playing ground which the biggest competitors need to be conquered.
    12-05-13 05:51 AM
29 12