12-16-15 10:27 AM
34 12
tools
    Are you referring to the Super Bowl one? That was a horrible one because the product wasn't available in the US when they aired it. How many other commercials did BlackBerry roll out during the Z10 and activity launch? Honest question because I don't recall any other ones. Throwing a commercial on TV won't solve all your problems especially if it doesn't highlight what your phone can do. The Super Bowl commercial said it would be faster to show you what it doesn't do. Horrible. New product launch and you don't even show off the product. I think the Z10 was shown for less than 2 seconds during the entire commercial.
    No, not the stupid Super Bowl commercial. AT&T among other carriers had commercials, there were big displays in stores. Banners and posters in airports etc.
    12-15-15 01:35 PM
    How many Z10's and Q10's did it move?

Not enough
    I think many more than other BB10 phones. Who knew about the Z30?

Posted via PP
    12-15-15 02:45 PM
    Are you referring to the Super Bowl one? That was a horrible one because the product wasn't available in the US when they aired it. How many other commercials did BlackBerry roll out during the Z10 and activity launch? Honest question because I don't recall any other ones. Throwing a commercial on TV won't solve all your problems especially if it doesn't highlight what your phone can do. The Super Bowl commercial said it would be faster to show you what it doesn't do. Horrible. New product launch and you don't even show off the product. I think the Z10 was shown for less than 2 seconds during the entire commercial.
    There's no point in debating this. There's no satisfying you or others who keep beating the drum that BlackBerry didn't do enough marketing and getting the name out there. Take a lesson in business and you will see why they failed. And it had nothing to do with marketing and "getting the name out there"
    There's no point in beating a dead horse. What's done is done. I for one would love to see BB10 continue. It doesn't look like that will happen after a few more years.
    Move on. Enjoy BB10 while we still have it and keep that slim hope that it will live on past the next few years. Just don't expect BlackBerry to dump a pile of money into it now. It's not a revenue stream that they're actively growing.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-15-15 06:51 PM
    There's no point in debating this. There's no satisfying you or others who keep beating the drum that BlackBerry didn't do enough marketing and getting the name out there. Take a lesson in business and you will see why they failed. And it had nothing to do with marketing and "getting the name out there"
    There's no point in beating a dead horse. What's done is done. I for one would love to see BB10 continue. It doesn't look like that will happen after a few more years.
    Move on. Enjoy BB10 while we still have it and keep that slim hope that it will live on past the next few years. Just don't expect BlackBerry to dump a pile of money into it now. It's not a revenue stream that they're actively growing.

Posted via CB10
    Can't tell if your upset when you told me to take a lesson in business or hurt about how bad BlackBerry mucked up handling the fate of their OS. Either way I respect your opinion even if you think I'm beating a dead horse (I don't think I am). I love animals especially horses...a creature of grace and beauty. Lol.
    Bottom line is yes BlackBerry 10 is a failure and I don't expect to see it take off...not even by some Christmas miracle
    You have to agree people are upset because it's normal for passionate people to get like this. If BlackBerry hired people with some of the fire I see on this board they'd be in better shape.
    As for taking a lesson in business...been there...done that.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    12-15-15 10:38 PM
    They knew it existed.
    Not around here.
    I've had one experience after another of someone looking at my Z30 and saying they had no idea BlackBerry ever made a phone like that. Today, someone I was in a meeting with looked at my Z30 and commented that he didn't know BB made a "Smartphone". These kind of comments happen all the time. The majority of the people I talk to still think BB makes phones with nice keyboards but horrible browsers. I can't remember running into ANYONE who knew what the Z10 was, or Z30 or even BB10.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 11:03 PM
    Not around here.
    I've had one experience after another of someone looking at my Z30 and saying they had no idea BlackBerry ever made a phone like that. Today, someone I was in a meeting with looked at my Z30 and commented that he didn't know BB made a "Smartphone". These kind of comments happen all the time. The majority of the people I talk to still think BB makes phones with nice keyboards but horrible browsers. I can't remember running into ANYONE who knew what the Z10 was, or Z30 or even BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!! Happens time and time again... in my travels all over the world.

No matter how much the "BlackBerry can do no wrong crowd " wish to spout the pathetic Super Bowl advertising... the fact they cannot dispute is that NO ONE outside CB knows.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 12:03 AM
    well, let's see. by Chen's own admission, they need 1.25 m devices each quarter to be profitable which would be news worthy. I believe crack berry mentioned only 1 week would be included in the report. Chen probably won't touch on overall sales outside of earnings unless it's exceeding expectations drastically. however, I don't think Chen would want to be made fun of if the run rate doesn't pan out so it would have to be in the millions already for him to even say anything. what will happen is some analyst on the call will ask 9000 x in different ways about what the priv numbers are.

sooOOo 1 quarter is around 12 weeks. 1.25m/12 = 104k devices per week with what I'm guessing is going to be around 300-400 asp. Devices sold were 800k last quarter with a %20 decline from previous quarter. I'm assuming this will be the same percentage fall for all bb10 devices so 640k devices.... so if blackberry only includes a weeks worth of sales, the ER would probably not be deemed a good sign for handsets if the overall devices sold is less than 750k... even then, if you consider most devices are sold up front for bbry (assumption, haven't looked this up) the 20% decline on bb10 will continue through the year so it would need to be offset by android devices. I don't think anyone would be comfortable with 104 k android devices sold at launch because bb10 devices will probably fall at break neck speeds as the company continues to focus on android. hopefully some govs stepped in and bought some bb10 devices finally but I somehow doubt it.

in any case, let's hope the good transition wasn't too expensive!
    12-16-15 06:39 AM
    well, let's see. by Chen's own admission, they need 1.25 m devices each quarter to be profitable which would be news worthy. I believe crack berry mentioned only 1 week would be included in the report. Chen probably won't touch on overall sales outside of earnings unless it's exceeding expectations drastically. however, I don't think Chen would want to be made fun of if the run rate doesn't pan out so it would have to be in the millions already for him to even say anything. what will happen is some analyst on the call will ask 9000 x in different ways about what the priv numbers are.

sooOOo 1 quarter is around 12 weeks. 1.25m/12 = 104k devices per week with what I'm guessing is going to be around 300-400 asp. Devices sold were 800k last quarter with a %20 decline from previous quarter. I'm assuming this will be the same percentage fall for all bb10 devices so 640k devices.... so if blackberry only includes a weeks worth of sales, the ER would probably not be deemed a good sign for handsets if the overall devices sold is less than 750k... even then, if you consider most devices are sold up front for bbry (assumption, haven't looked this up) the 20% decline on bb10 will continue through the year so it would need to be offset by android devices. I don't think anyone would be comfortable with 104 k android devices sold at launch because bb10 devices will probably fall at break neck speeds as the company continues to focus on android. hopefully some govs stepped in and bought some bb10 devices finally but I somehow doubt it.

in any case, let's hope the good transition wasn't too expensive!
    I'm thinking the way production is going.... even if they sold 1.25 Million, it would take a year to make them all.

On bright spot I expect on the ER... average price per device should continue to go up.
    12-16-15 10:23 AM
    Did you listen to your customers...... or to all the ones that refused to be your customers?
    Those are the ones that matter. They cant make hardware for less than a million people. They need to sell millions of phones or kill hardware. Its sad but no one wanted BB10 and now its dieing a slow death.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 10:27 AM
34 12