You'll come crawling back soon enough.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    I'm not so confident unfortunately. I had many android devices and I don't think I'd ever come back to it. But as I said I didn't want to start a flame war. Right now I'm very happy with the iPhone, IMHO the 6s plus is the first ever iPhone that doesn't suck
    lift and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-15-15 01:30 AM
    I don't know what totals people are expecting when it's only been out for 5 weeks, in limited countries, and in partial retail outlets.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. The key in this very early stage is to make a foot print and gain traction. I believe, I hope, they are indeed doing that. Their mere presence in media outlets, TV talk shows, gift idea listings, etc, is encouraging. And if the rumor of Verizon and T-Mobile joining, even more so. The out-of-sight out-of-mind hurdle of BB10 was too much to overcome, and the Priv is at the very least being seen.

And with its first and early adoption of the Android OS, it's not about selling more than their competitors, it's about being more successful BB10.
    phuoc likes this.
    12-15-15 01:57 AM
    I agree. I like BB10 and I'm a Passport owner as well. Although unfortunately, I'm having a hard time selling it on CraigsList because it's lost so much value.
    I sold mine after 10 days and back to Passport but still looking to buy another Priv! Let BlackBerry settle with Priv and then I'll consider again

Posted via Passport
    12-15-15 02:46 AM
    im really curious how many loyal bb fans they lost vs the amount of ppl they gained from the android market. they lost me for good for sure
    This is an interesting thought, but I doubt we'll be able to quantify it as we won't know whether the Priv adopters are existing BlackBerry fans or new-to-BB users.

I'm not sure BlackBerry has 'lost' me, but I'm certainly not buying a Priv - or any non-BB10 BlackBerry handset. I don't think I'm the only one who's saying that. But if poor sales of non-BB10 phones translate into meaning BlackBerry eventually has to drop support their BB10 operating system, then they'll definitely have lost me (to another better-value-for-money brand).

UnderPRIVileged - I'm sticking with BB10
    lift likes this.
    12-15-15 02:56 AM
    I still use my passport too
    But this is the Priv forum
    12-15-15 03:51 AM
    The number of Priv haters sharking the Priv forum is outrageous. It's a free comedy show.
    12-15-15 04:48 AM
    so i cant read the priv forums if i dont have one... ok... i guess you are trying to justify a ****ty purchase by calling me a hater? lol. i didnt even say anything bad about the priv specifically, i said i was curious how many loyals blackberry lost by going android....... i didnt even mention getting an iphone until i was asked..
    kbz1960, techvisor, lift and 3 others like this.
    12-15-15 05:16 AM
    so i cant read the priv forums if i dont have one... ok... i guess you are trying to justify a ****ty purchase by calling me a hater? lol. i didnt even say anything bad about the priv specifically, i said i was curious how many loyals blackberry lost by going android....... i didnt even mention getting an iphone until i was asked..
    You can read. Just pointing out defending yourself being here by saying you have the passport is pretty irrelevant. The point you just made is a lot better
    12-15-15 05:20 AM
    I don't hate the Priv as I have never tried one. I have used and tested various Android devices in the past and did not care for them. As a Canadian and user of BlackBerry devices, I certainly don't want to see the iconic Canadian company fail. However, I will still not buy an Android-based phone from them - or anyone else - at this point in time in Android's development. It is possible that one day Android will develop into the kind of operating system I would use. That day is not today and so today I would buy a BB10, Windows or iOS device first - and yes, I know they all have their issues too! Bottom line is that if BlackBerry only makes Android-based devices, they have lost me as a customer n the foreseeable future. Although I am only one person and my business may not matter much, there are others like me who do not care for the Android OS and we can all hope that BlackBerry will gain more customers than they lose in the switch from BB10 to Android, although I personally doubt that the net gain will be enough to save the handset division. Exacerbating the issue for BlackBerry is the fact that many (once) loyal BlackBerry customers are feeling that they may have been "PlayBooked" once again. It's a mess!
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 12-15-15 at 06:41 AM.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    12-15-15 06:23 AM
    I don't hate the Priv as I have never tried one. I have used and tested various Android devices in the past and did not care for them. As a Canadian and user of BlackBerry devices, I certainly don't want to see the iconic Canadian company fail. However, I will still not buy an Android-based phone from them - or anyone else - at this point in time in Android's development. It is possible that one day Android will develop into the kind of operating system I would use. That day is not today and so today I would buy a BB10, Windows or iOS device first - and yes, I know they all have their issues too! Bottom line is that if BlackBerry only makes Android-based devices, they have lost me as a customer n the foreseeable future. Although I am only one person and my business may not matter much, there are others like me who do not care for the Android OS and we can all hope that BlackBerry will gain more customers than they lose in the switch from BB10 to Android, although I personally doubt that the net gain will be enough to save the handset division. Exacerbating the issue for BlackBerry is the fact that many (once) loyal BlackBerry customers are feeling that they may have been "PlayBooked" once again. It's a mess!
    I will never buy an iOS device, and therefore, you will not see me in an iOS device forum.
    12-15-15 06:44 AM
    I will never buy an iOS device, and therefore, you will not see me in an iOS device forum.

The difference, as I'm sure you realise, is that he *is* a current and past user of BB devices, and I suspect that he, like me, is interested in how this next chapter in the Blackberry story unfolds.

If I didn't visit the CB forums, I'd rarely see any news about BB and their products because the "world" has long since ceased reporting on the company presumably on the grounds of relevance to the majority of their audience.
    12-15-15 06:57 AM
    It would be a cold day in heck for me to buy an iOS device as well and there would have to be no BB10 or Windows before I would go there. That being said, I think I was attempting to answer the OP's question, "Can the Priv save Blackberry?" from a BlackBerry customer's perspective. The title of the thread didn't lead me to believe I had to be a Priv fan to comment.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    dolco likes this.
    12-15-15 07:04 AM
    Try to look at a different way like the visionaries you all are! Instead of looking at the numbers, look at the seriously hard attempt to step into an os that is really un-charted for this company. But they did it and did it with huge success. The Priv was the biggest turning point in the history of BlackBerry.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    So, copying somebody else's OS, like tens of other android phone manufacturers, counts as visionary, risky, and revolutionary for a company that wants to develop software and not hardware?
    lift, kirson, mister2d and 3 others like this.
    12-15-15 08:04 AM
    The difference, as I'm sure you realise, is that he *is* a current and past user of BB devices, and I suspect that he, like me, is interested in how this next chapter in the Blackberry story unfolds.

If I didn't visit the CB forums, I'd rarely see any news about BB and their products because the "world" has long since ceased reporting on the company presumably on the grounds of relevance to the majority of their audience.
    I simply find the large number of non-Android, non-Priv users who frequent the forum to be rather amusing.

Just so you know, there are plenty of places to find BlackBerry news. For starters, search for "blackberry insider". Lots of good stuff.
    12-15-15 08:48 AM
    I simply find the large number of non-Android, non-Priv users who frequent the forum to be rather amusing.

Just so you know, there are plenty of places to find BlackBerry news. For starters, search for "blackberry insider". Lots of good stuff.
    I'm glad you're amused.

That would be "BlackBerry Insider", the official blog maintained by BB?

I start to understand your point of view, mine would be similarly skewed if all my news came from the official company website
    kbz1960, dolco, techvisor and 1 others like this.
    12-15-15 08:54 AM
    I don't know what totals people are expecting when it's only been out for 5 weeks, in limited countries, and in partial retail outlets.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. The key in this very early stage is to make a foot print and gain traction. I believe, I hope, they are indeed doing that. Their mere presence in media outlets, TV talk shows, gift idea listings, etc, is encouraging. And if the rumor of Verizon and T-Mobile joining, even more so. The out-of-sight out-of-mind hurdle of BB10 was too much to overcome, and the Priv is at the very least being seen.

And with its first and early adoption of the Android OS, it's not about selling more than their competitors, it's about being more successful BB10.
    In the Android world.... it sure looks like most devices get only a few months to shine, before the next batch of more powerful Flagships enter the race. Right now several Android OEMs are moving up the release of their Flagship phones... due to very poor sales in the premium end of the market. I bet BlackBerry taught they would have until March or April.... they don't.
    12-15-15 09:02 AM
    I'm glad you're amused.

That would be "BlackBerry Insider", the official blog maintained by BB?

I start to understand your point of view, mine would be similarly skewed if all my news came from the official company website
    Yes, "BlackBerry Insider", which as I already said can be found by searching for "blackberry insider" in any of the popular Internet search engines.

Think you misunderstood. Never said all of my news came from there. But of course, you already know this because you're the one who made it up.
    12-15-15 09:04 AM
    The number of Priv haters sharking the Priv forum is outrageous. It's a free comedy show.
    Hate is for Android not for Priv!

Posted via Passport
    12-15-15 10:23 AM
    Hate is for Android not for Priv!

Posted via Passport
    But why waste energy hating another OS? I don't get it.

Besides, if the Priv does well, BlackBerry's handset division stays in business and BB10 stays in the game. Who knows? Maybe we will even see a BB11 someday.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-15-15 10:46 AM
    im really curious how many loyal bb fans they lost vs the amount of ppl they gained from the android market. they lost me for good for sure
    Me too. Sold all my BB10 devices and moved to Apple. I am convinced that BB10 is dead and it's android from now on with BlackBerry (if the handset division survives). The move to android is what made me leave BlackBerry.
    dolco and techvisor like this.
    12-15-15 11:01 AM
    i got an iphone 6s plus but i didnt want to start a flame war :P but i must say im quite content.
    Same and same. LOL.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-15-15 11:03 AM
    Just hanging out here to stir up the pot then? iPhone forum too busy?
    Don't be a jerk. You always have an attitude to anyone that talks bad about the Priv or BlackBerry. I was like that too but I have seen the light and moved on.
    mister2d and techvisor like this.
    12-15-15 11:05 AM
    But why waste energy hating another OS? I don't get it.
    You hate iOS.
    12-15-15 11:08 AM
    Don't be a jerk. You always have an attitude to anyone that talks bad about the Priv or BlackBerry. I was like that too but I have seen the light and moved on.
    Say whatever you want, but all the iOS users hanging out in the Priv forum is a very good sign that things are starting to turn around for BlackBerry!
    12-15-15 11:33 AM
    Its an android device in a Blackberry forum.... Even blackberry doesn't call it a Blackberry.... its "Priv by Blackberry" It really belongs in Android central.
    12-15-15 11:40 AM
138 1234 ...