I felt a pit in my stomach upon reading Reuters' report of Samsung in talks to acquire Blackberry.

I love Blackberry, Blackberry 10, and their phones.

I feel at best apprehensive about this going through.

It is not that Samsung makes bad products and services it is that they would water down what I love about Blackberry.

Has Samsung ever made a good keyboard phone? In the modern OS age have they sold any keyboard phones? Why would they try to build a secure enterprise OS rooted in Android? Why would they form Tizen OS?

I would like to see a co-ordinated grass roots campaign requesting blackberry reject any Samsung acquisition offers. I hope the Canadian government voices opposition or weariness at the least of such attempts as it has in the past of other Eastern companies, unless perhaps it drives BBRY shares up if another North American company is also bidding.

I am in the brainstorming stages and would appreciate suggestions, initiatives and support from other blackberry fans we must move swiftly and deliberately against Samsung's acquisition overtures.

We should draft and publish a letter on crackberry which people can share, comment, and sign on to. We flood social media, blackberry affiliated web domains and hopefully we find support or understanding from blackberry journalists and bloggers and from the general tech news / blogosphere.

Please comment what you want to be included in the letter. I want to publish a letter with the clearest language possible opposing a Samsung Acquisition that the largest amount of people can join in support to.
    nt300 likes this.
    01-14-15 05:07 PM
    Very good. CALL FOR ARMS!!!!

I am in. I don't want to move to Iphone, Windows or Android. It would be like switching from a Ferrari to a Prius! I need my alternative to these sheeple gadgets. I was perfectly happy with my Blackberry, the OS, and devices.

Hopefully this just a rumor. Lets cross fingers and pray!
    crackberryspqr and nt300 like this.
    01-14-15 05:10 PM
    01-14-15 05:12 PM