As shareholders and Blackberry enthusiasts, we can't let them spread false rumors like this without any supporting evidence! We have every right to know how they arrived at the conclusion that "returns are exceeding sales." It has affected the stock price and can negatively impact consumers' opinions when they see this headline. Starting Monday, call them and insist on hard data! What stores they checked, when it was done, who they spoke with..don't back down until they give you an answer!

From their website:

Peter Fenton, CEO
    617-620-7351
    [email protected]

Alex Arnold, Executive VP
    617-747-0169
    [email protected]

Let's put the pressure on Team CB!!
    04-14-13 04:13 PM
    +10000000

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 04:25 PM
    In an article last week Kevin seemed quite proud of the fact that someone referred to a lot of people on this site as those CrackBerry nutjobs, or summat similar.
    I don't think that's a compliment.

What is wrong with some people? And how are so many aggressive people managing to find this one little site?
    04-14-13 05:40 PM
    What is wrong with with people who make up defamatory and or false and misleading statements about BlackBerry. The amount of attacks on BlackBerry is something I have never seen in my life. BlackBerry is under a corporate attack by one or more competitors? Many believe apple and Google are afraid of BlackBerry and trying to beat them through propaganda techniques. Make no mistake BlackBerry is under a massive coordinated corporate attack. It's time to fight back.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:32 PM
    Just sent an email

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:37 PM
    Guys, respectfully, they're not accountable to you, and they don't care what you think.

What they care about is what their institutional clients, who actually get and pay for this research, think. And of course, they likely very much care what the SEC thinks, which is why BBRY asked the SEC to investigate....
    04-14-13 06:49 PM
    Meh, who cares what Detwiler thinks.

Even Wall Street couldnt care less. Despite the negative report, check this out......

Wall Street Now Expects BlackBerry (BBRY) to Earn a Profit For Next Two Years | The Gadget Masters
    Rezia likes this.
    04-14-13 08:29 PM
    What is wrong with with people who make up defamatory and or false and misleading statements about BlackBerry. The amount of attacks on BlackBerry is something I have never seen in my life. BlackBerry is under a corporate attack by one or more competitors? Many believe apple and Google are afraid of BlackBerry and trying to beat them through propaganda techniques. Make no mistake BlackBerry is under a massive coordinated corporate attack. It's time to fight back.

Posted via CB10
    That's more than a little paranoid.
    Maybe some people just don't automatically love a gadget just because it was made by their favourite company.
    The horror.

Posted via CB10
    Rezia likes this.
    04-15-13 03:22 AM
    You won't get an answer. They are under investigation. That won't stop the time tin foil hat crowd though.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:42 AM
    MFT - what proof do you have that the bigger firms are afraid and conspiring against bbry?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:43 AM
    If anybody calls, be sure to post the results on here!
    04-15-13 07:44 AM
    Just checked out their stock info (DMCD.pk). What a joke. Man, these guys have a market cap of under 400k. I hope they get fined enough money to shut them down.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:00 PM
    What proof do you have that they are not?

MFT - what proof do you have that the bigger firms are afraid and conspiring against bbry?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:21 AM
    [QUOTE=TerryD10;8316387]As shareholders and Blackberry enthusiasts, we can't let them spread false rumors like this without any supporting evidence! We have every right to know how they arrived at the conclusion that "returns are exceeding sales." It has affected the stock price and can negatively impact consumers' opinions when they see this headline. Starting Monday, call them and insist on hard data! What stores they checked, when it was done, who they spoke with..don't back down until they give you an answer!

QUOTE]

This is the way it has always been and nothing will change it. You need to step back and look at the whole picture, you are taking this like a personal attack! This is not going to be the last time this happens and in the end Blackberry WILL survive! I do not think the recent decline in the BBRY price is solely due to these rumors. BBRY just grew a little too fast and the profit takers moved in to make some profit.
    04-26-13 06:17 AM
    Today, in the middle of a progressive short squeeze for BlackBerry (BBRY), rampant selling appeared out of nowhere to drive the stock price down. What was the awful news? No one knew.

Bear raids are illegal. Selling stock for the sole purpose of driving the price is outright manipulation and a banned activity in most capital markets. Basically, if you are going to sell the hell out of BlackBerry, you need a reason to do it otherwise you could get investigated. You need a cover story.

Shorts - Using Obscure Analyst and Tech Media Editors for 'Cover'

I wrote an article for Seeking Alpha last February that described in detail how this fraud is perpetrated "BlackBerry And Forbes: Battleground Stocks And Headline Risks" In this article I showed you the symbiotic relationship between Brian Blair of Wedge Partners and Eric Savitz at Forbes (Savitz's since left Forbes). In that article I showed you, without any doubt, how Blair had expressed an 'opinion' and Savitz turned that into a horror headline that was used to "paint" BlackBerry during a bear raid. Suddenly Brian Blair's 'opinion' became a statement of fact courtesy of Forbes.

You see, shorts cannot just sell out of the blue to cause a panic for no reason; that would be a bear raid. As a workaround the shorts in the BlackBerry battle use small, lesser known, analysts as their PR flack, their cannon fodder. They are not really analysts. Yet why is it that when Brian Blair puts out a report, it gets picked up used to make helter skelter Halloween headlines… out of what are simply his opinions! Yesterday's horror was nothing but his 'estimates' again:

"We believe BlackBerry has trimmed their production expectations for the Z10 for the remainder of calendar year 2013. We estimate that the company may have trimmed Z10 production units by 4-6 million units for the year. If accurate..."

This is just a replay of last month's Forbes fiasco but with Barron's tech desk doing the heavy lifting through Tiernan Ray. (Forbes has revamped its editorial tone since Savitz left and these gents can't find much air time there). Ray just re-printed large quotes in their entirety without caring to comment or even think about what he was doing. In fact, he never questioned the source of the information. Compare Barron's coverage to Bloomberg's coverage (Professional journalists):

"The company may have cut 4 million to 6 million units, Brian Blair, a Wedge Partners analyst, said today in a note, without saying where he got the information."

Those journalists pointed out quite clearly that there was no stated fact behind these "thoughts" conjured up by Wedge Partners. How a little known analyst can conjure up a "thought" and turn it into a fact that, with Barron's help, wipes hundreds of millions of dollars in market cap from BlackBerry is beyond belief. Only in America can such journalism still exist.

Did Barron's Just Pull A Forbes On BlackBerry? - Seeking Alpha
    04-26-13 07:35 AM
    I know that BlackBerry said they were "going to" request investigation. Was anything released that said they actually did so?
    04-29-13 09:13 AM
    I know that BlackBerry said they were "going to" request investigation. Was anything released that said they actually did so?
    I don't see why they'd bother saying that. The original press release said "Zipperstein said BlackBerry would present its formal request to U.S. and Canadian regulators in the next several days."

I see no reason to think they'd have said that publicly if they weren't quite confident they would, in fact, present said request within the next several days. We shouldn't need a play-by-play as each piece of mail is delivered.
    04-29-13 09:33 AM