BlackBerry's future is right on track.

Sexy White Z30
    Possibly for the first and last time, I actually agree with you!

BB's future is indeed right on track. Unfortunately for (I suspect) the majority of CB'ers, Chen's track doesn't lead to a good place for them.
    03-24-15 04:15 AM
    Possibly for the first and last time, I actually agree with you!

BB's future is indeed right on track. Unfortunately for (I suspect) the majority of CB'ers, Chen's track doesn't lead to a good place for them.
    Exactly!

I don't think folks have grasped yet that being a software company will leave the entire purpose of these forums in obscurity.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, Maxxxpower and mikeo007 like this.
    03-24-15 05:22 AM
    BlackBerry's future is right on track.
    If they can grow revenue. We'll find out on Friday.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-24-15 07:38 AM
    I don't think folks have grasped yet that being a software company will leave the entire purpose of these forums in obscurity.
    Kevin Michaluk already did.
    03-24-15 07:39 AM
    ..fair enough.. I remember the Windows OS on my Samsung BlackJack. That Window OS is no longer around and even when it was, Microsoft didn't seem to exploit' the situation, they just provided a cellphone OS. Palm is gone. BlackBerry is still here. It survived. For some reason, that doesn't seem to account for nothing. Is it really fair to say to a cellphone company why are you not selling as many phones as an Apple, Google or Windows...excuse me, Microsoft.? If they sell enough to stay in business and grow as they see fit, then, I am fine with that.
    03-24-15 07:59 AM
    Is it really fair to say to a cellphone company why are you not selling as many phones as an Apple, Google or Windows...excuse me, Microsoft.? If they sell enough to stay in business and grow as they see fit, then, I am fine with that.
    Fairness isn't the issue, and selling as many phones as Apple or Samsung isn't the issue either. There are really two questions in play. One is: Can BlackBerry continue as a profitable company? The other is: Can BlackBerry continue as an OEM for its own distinctive platform? The two questions don't necessarily have the same answer.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-24-15 08:20 AM
    ..fair enough.. I remember the Windows OS on my Samsung BlackJack. That Window OS is no longer around and even when it was, Microsoft didn't seem to exploit' the situation, they just provided a cellphone OS. Palm is gone. BlackBerry is still here. It survived. For some reason, that doesn't seem to account for nothing. Is it really fair to say to a cellphone company why are you not selling as many phones as an Apple, Google or Windows...excuse me, Microsoft.? If they sell enough to stay in business and grow as they see fit, then, I am fine with that.
    The thing is, I really don't think Chen is planning to stay in the hardware business much longer, he knows it is a losing battle so he is making a strategic withdrawal from the hardware sector. He just has to "hang in there" until his Services and Software division can support the company. And make sure he has all the partnerships in place to allow for his complete withdrawal but not interrupt his customers operations or drive them into the arms of another EMM. Get Google on board to make sure that BES12 can mange Android devices and their Apps as well as any other EMM. Get Samsung onboard to make sure the KNOX devices can fill the hardware void in highly regulated industries. Maybe even get Samsung to make a "Classic" styled device or two with some BlackBerry co-branding....

It is very possible that BlackBerry will survive and stay in business.... but many here won't be fine with what is left.
    03-24-15 08:21 AM
    The thing is, I really don't think Chen is planning to stay in the hardware business much longer, he knows it is a losing battle so he is making a strategic withdrawal from the hardware sector. He just has to "hang in there" until his Services and Software division can support the company. And make sure he has all the partnerships in place to allow for his complete withdrawal but not interrupt his customers operations or drive them into the arms of another EMM. Get Google on board to make sure that BES12 can mange Android devices and their Apps as well as any other EMM. Get Samsung onboard to make sure the KNOX devices can fill the hardware void in highly regulated industries. Maybe even get Samsung to make a "Classic" styled device or two with some BlackBerry co-branding....

It is very possible that BlackBerry will survive and stay in business.... but many here won't be fine with what is left.
    We have known your position for long time. You have repeated your opinions or FUD many many times here and there and here and there, so don't do anymore. It became clich� already.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport
    georg4BB likes this.
    03-24-15 08:44 AM
    With each new ER from Chen, we discover if BlackBerry is less or more serious about staying in the hardware business.
    03-24-15 08:50 AM
    We have known your position for long time. You have repeated your opinions or FUD many many times here and there and here and there, so don't do anymore. It became clich� already.

Presented to you by real phone - Passport

I do apologize that my frustrations with BlackBerry have offended some of you... too be honest I tried to cancel my CrackBerry account last week so that I could make a clean break. Which would most definitely be better for me....
    georg4BB and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-24-15 09:13 AM
    I agree with the assessment that Chen is strategically working to exit the handset business, or at least scale it back significantly. The writing is on the wall. He has to say they're committed to hardware because they still have contractual obligations with carriers, etc.

The cross-platform software strategy he has adopted should be a big clue for everyone. I foresee a day when BlackBerry either shuts down its handset business altogether, or sells directly to enterprises/governments and on ShopBlackBerry only.

No, that's not what BlackBerry fans want. But it's what makes the most sense for BlackBerry's future prosperity.
    03-24-15 10:13 AM
    Read my previous comment. It's pretty neutral.

Unfortunately, there are still some rabid fanboys here who are blind to the reality of the market. BlackBerry is a business which currently has little interest in its consumer fanbase. I expect John Chen and the board to make whatever decisions they need to make to balance the books and drive revenue.
    Mostly agree with that.

My only divergence would be the "*currently* has little interest in its consumer fanbase" bit. I don't believe Chen's focus on enterprise is temporary and, even if it were, the idea that consumers are going to wait for Chen to turn on the love again... Well, why would they Wait? And for how long? 2016, 17? And what would they be waiting for given the absence of suitable product announcements?

Nope, once consumers are gone, they're gone for good IMO.
    crackberry_geek and techvisor like this.
    03-24-15 10:33 AM
    I agree with the assessment that Chen is strategically working to exit the handset business, or at least scale it back significantly. The writing is on the wall. He has to say they're committed to hardware because they still have contractual obligations with carriers, etc.

The cross-platform software strategy he has adopted should be a big clue for everyone. I foresee a day when BlackBerry either shuts down its handset business altogether, or sells directly to enterprises/governments and on ShopBlackBerry only.

No, that's not what BlackBerry fans want. But it's what makes the most sense for BlackBerry's future prosperity.
    BlackBerry would be much less exciting to the majority of CrackBerry users but the company would survive on its own whether Chen would continue to be at the helm or not. The worst outcome would be what happened to Palm to happen to BlackBerry.
    03-24-15 12:09 PM
    The features needed to be a viable smartphone are increasing such as mobile payments agreements, integration with wearables, home automation apps, etc.
    03-24-15 12:15 PM
    Blackberry will survive but the devices will eventually go away. As much as I hate to see it happen that is probably the fate. It's just reality.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    03-24-15 12:48 PM
    Kevin Michaluk already did.
    Good point!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 02:06 PM
    As long as you debate within the confines of our Rules and Guidelines all is good! Heck I was a member of the debate club in high school, in the stone ages.

So far you guys seems to be doing ok.
    03-26-15 01:35 PM
    "Sometimes you don't know when you should quit trying something,"
    "You don't want to quit too early and you don't want to be too stupid so you are hitting your head against the wall and it doesn't yield."
    03-26-15 02:13 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I do apologize that my frustrations with BlackBerry have offended some of you... too be honest I tried to cancel my CrackBerry account last week so that I could make a clean break. Which would most definitely be better for me....
    Not necessary, different opinions are welcome as long as they are not personal attacks or blatent distortion of facts.

... whether I agree with your opinions or not, I appreciate the arguments made and it help me to challenge my own assumptions and understanding of the blackberry Landscape....

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 05:56 PM
    I just listened to and watched a Milkin Conference panel presentation on the future of health care featuring John Chen and the founder of Nanthealth, a company Blackberry made a large investment in.

Therein, Nanthealth demonstrated stage 1 success in treating hodgekins lymphoma and the trial is moving to stage 2. This treatment route is applicable to all cancer types. I doubt a cure for cancer is reflected in Blackberry stock at this time, but after listening to the presentation, it could be a significant factor in the share price in the future......
    04-30-15 03:24 PM
    So what does everyone think about BlackBerry's future after the announcement on Friday? Also when the the samsung s6 gets released do you think that BlackBerry will lose a lot more customers? Ie consumers and enterprise......please let us know thank you.

Posted via CB10
    See black berry is making device which has similar specs as earlier devices she should avoid this and to retain in market they have to improve their camera quality os and other things are fabulous so only I think camera should improve... Future of Blackberry is bright

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-25-15 12:43 AM
    Not bright, goes down with this stupid mentality.
    07-14-15 04:44 PM

I agree with you on this, have no opposition at all. Don't listen to the other poster about it being FUD, seems like that's all some people can shout at anyone else, without seeing the situation for what it is.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 05:08 PM
    I've been feeling as though I should do the same no point feeding any information for a dying consumer side platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 05:09 PM

Sill seems to be the direction they are heading in.... with maybe the addition of keeping hardware going by using Android for a while. I doubt this is a long term plan... just something to show that Android is good enough.
    07-15-15 09:27 AM
115 ... 2345