So what does everyone think about BlackBerry's future after the announcement on Friday? Also when the the samsung s6 gets released do you think that BlackBerry will lose a lot more customers? Ie consumers and enterprise......please let us know thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 07:19 AM
    What announcement? May you enlighten me? Btw my answer is bleak, in five years I think BlackBerry will stay like this if they don't make some groundbreaking stuff

Mainly because it's freaking low market share!

Posted by my awesome Lumia 530
    03-22-15 07:22 AM
    Quarterly announcement on March 27

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 07:49 AM
    We don't know what the results are or what the announcement is yet. Lol
    anon(9188202), dolco and techvisor like this.
    03-22-15 08:03 AM
    But if anyone really can see into the future, if you could PM me with the UK Lottery numbers, I'd be very grateful.
    03-22-15 01:22 PM
    But if anyone really can see into the future, if you could PM me with the UK Lottery numbers, I'd be very grateful.
    I was going to send them to you but then I looked farther into the future and saw what you turn into and what you do with all that money and it was really disturbing. So no, you can't have them.
    Last edited by donnation; 03-23-15 at 04:55 PM.
    03-22-15 02:10 PM
    I was going to send them to you but then I looked farther into the future and saw what you turn into and do with all that money and it was really disturbing, so no, you can't have them.
    BlackBerry's future???-226a00a762cf1c847e34ae7fbc96fd21a0ad4d34add1d8747bcce4ff4dd4154c.jpg
    03-22-15 02:19 PM
    I am hoping they are at least making some progress and have stemmed the bleeding of their cash reserves.

Who knows what to expect in this highly competitive market, we will all find out on the 27th.
    03-22-15 03:09 PM
    I think phone sales will still be low, revenue will be up a bit and next year Samsung will launch a new phone with BlackBerry OS.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    hindsketchup238 and NYTOC83 like this.
    03-22-15 03:26 PM
    I am hoping they are at least making some progress and have stemmed the bleeding of their cash reserves.

Who knows what to expect in this highly competitive market, we will all find out on the 27th.
    As far as stemming their cash bleed I think Chen has done a fine job so far with cautious releases of new devices and focus on holding on to the enterprise market. The enterprise is all BlackBerry has in order to continue. If the battle for enterprise is lost too, it is game over for BlackBerry at least the handset division.

The mobile market right now is a cutthroat competition.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and techvisor like this.
    03-22-15 03:30 PM
    03-22-15 03:51 PM
    10.3 looks more and more like Android, so I would not be surprised if BB10 comes out on a Samsung

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 03:53 PM
    Software solutions company in security and embedded systems. No BB10 device is successful, no point to continue with hardware and mobile OS development, BB10 ecosystem is dead.
    Maxxxpower, mikeo007 and techvisor like this.
    03-22-15 03:56 PM
    Software solutions company in security and embedded systems. No BB10 device is successful, no point to continue with hardware and mobile OS development, BB10 ecosystem is dead.
    Yup... that is Chen's dream.

Might be good for the shareholders (but not as good as if he'd chosen to compete in HW).

Pretty sad for just about everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 04:02 PM
    Yup... that is Chen's dream.

Might be good for the shareholders (but not as good as if he'd chosen to compete in HW).

Pretty sad for just about everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    What make you think that BB can compete in hardware? I want BB to survive, but with each quarter, I am getting less and less convinced that keeping the hardware division is of any help. Sure, it would suck for us fans, but saving the company (and the employees working there) takes priority.
    03-22-15 04:26 PM
    I was going to send them to you but then I looked farther into the future and saw what you turn into and do with all that money and it was really disturbing, so no, you can't have them.
    Lmao!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 04:33 PM
    So what does everyone think about BlackBerry's future after the announcement on Friday? Also when the the samsung s6 gets released do you think that BlackBerry will lose a lot more customers? Ie consumers and enterprise......please let us know thank you.

Posted via CB10
    If they don't sell enough devices to break even, eventually BlackBerry will stop making phones. Plain and simple. With a 0.4 % worldwide market share, I think the end may be sooner than later unfortunately. Oh, and may I add, my BBM contact list keeps shrinking as the years go by, most have switched to ios and use imessage.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 04:36 PM
    What make you think that BB can compete in hardware? I want BB to survive, but with each quarter, I am getting less and less convinced that keeping the hardware division is of any help. Sure, it would suck for us fans, but saving the company (and the employees working there) takes priority.
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 04:41 PM
    If it turns out bad. Just find a enough room to accelerate a passport to 88 mph and get lightning to strike the flux capacitor (it’s just behind the battery).
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    03-22-15 04:49 PM
    If John can decrease the rate of loss, that is already a big step forward
    03-22-15 04:58 PM
    I think phone sales will still be low, revenue will be up a bit and next year Samsung will launch a new phone with BlackBerry OS.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    just the opposite,BB announces that the Leap will run on Android and BB10,why do you think they called it the leap?
    03-22-15 05:35 PM
    I don't know about the future of Blackberry but merging BB with Android is a big step backwards IMHO.
    Jrox74 likes this.
    03-22-15 07:47 PM
    I don't know about the future of Blackberry but merging BB with Android is a big step backwards IMHO.
    I agree.... There's no way the world needs another Android device. That market is already saturated with cheap phones. BlackBerry provides more upscale devices IMO.
    khoanguyen2010 and claneyy like this.
    03-22-15 08:10 PM
    Without the phones, I could care less about the company. BBM is becoming an ad ridden joke. I don't use BES. So no all touch phones or BB10 and Waterloo can implode for all I care. Probably be better off for the intellectual property as some companies that could actually afford to do something with it could buy it for cheap and implement it instead of BlackBerry fumbling it about like a greased football.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:18 PM
    BB will continue to sell phones, but they will be geared towards enterprise and business customers, not the "average Joe" smartphone user.

Software and services will be their bread and butter, and they will continue to expand their cross-platform strategy, bringing more apps and functionality to the other major platforms.

QNX and the Internet of Things are where the biggest growth opportunities lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-22-15 08:19 PM
115 123 ...