Some positive news :
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...rticle16421157

Posted via CB10
    sickyute likes this.
    01-21-14 08:47 AM
    Sadly, unless you subscribe to the Globe and Mail, they won't let you view the article. Back to free news sources for me!

Some positive news :
    Try It Now Streetwise - The Globe and Mail

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 08:51 AM
    Can you please paste article? Can't see if not subscribed.

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    01-21-14 08:57 AM
    01-21-14 09:03 AM
    This quote jumped out:

"The big question that remains, and that the Foxconn deal does not fully address, is the future of the handset business. Mr. Chen has signalled his interest in keyboard phones, and in the consumer market in some countries, but has also said the focus is on the high-end “pro-sumer” and professional market. It’s a mixed message. That’s because Mr. Chen is said to have not made up his mind on how the handset business fits with the business of running secure communications networks for companies."
    01-21-14 09:36 AM
    There's also some speculation about working with Google to create a secure version of Android that works with BES (unclear what the sources for this are, and how reliable this is.) Take this with a huge grain of salt.
    01-21-14 09:38 AM
    There's also some speculation about working with Google to create a secure version of Android that works with BES (unclear what the sources for this are, and how reliable this is.) Take this with a huge grain of salt.
    That's such an oxymoron... I think. I might be remembering English class wrong. Maybe it's a hyperbole. Not sure.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 09:44 AM
    I love that Chen is an outsider to BlackBerry, and very much an insider in SV. This is exactly what they needed.

I also like that he's stopped the major bleeding on handsets while still keeping options open.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    01-21-14 10:07 AM
    This quote jumped out:

"The big question that remains, and that the Foxconn deal does not fully address, is the future of the handset business. Mr. Chen has signalled his interest in keyboard phones, and in the consumer market in some countries, but has also said the focus is on the high-end “pro-sumer” and professional market. It’s a mixed message. That’s because Mr. Chen is said to have not made up his mind on how the handset business fits with the business of running secure communications networks for companies."
    Make sense, BlackBerry can't compete on hardware & software (Apps & OS features) for the consumer market at the price that Android is going for. They most likely can't compete on hardware for enterprise either as both Apple and Android are moving into this area, but without the hardware their MDM business might suffer as they do have many customers that like the all in on solution. But the smaller the user base becomes, the more expensive it becomes to keep the OS and the apps upto date.

The future of BlackBerry hardware is going to be Android customized in some way to allow the security, but also allow access to the apps... I know many don't like that solution, but BlackBerry can not afford BB10 R&D and only sell a few million devices each year.
    01-21-14 10:20 AM