Everyone I know over the age of 35 doesn't give a crap about games in their phone. Most of them use it as a phone and to text and to do email.

I do a little more than that but most of that is covered by a single good web browser.

Apps mattered when bandwidth is an issue. Bandwidth is getting better and will eventually obsolete alot of things like banking apps.
    03-08-13 04:34 PM
    You can get things done on iPhones/androids. I'm not sure why people keep stating this. Heck iOS/android outperform Bb when it comes to certain productive tasks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I have to disagree and I have owned/used the iphone 5 and Note 2 for at least a month each.

The iPhone was awful at email. Exchange, gmail, yahoo, i have all 3 of those and it was a pain. Not only did battery life suffer significantly when using push (something i need as many emails are time sensitive) but considering ive had 5 generations of the iPhone, ios has become too bland and "boring to use". Also notifications suck on iOS! to respond to a text, email, and Facebook message i have to open 3 separate apps and then type my response and switch to the next app. Pointless.

Note 2- was literally a tablet and barely a phone. I got used to the size pretty quickly but that phone was wayyyy to distracting. Trust me when your in a lecture hall listening to someone talk about chemistry on a wedensday morning, it becomes very easy to whip the phone out and not pay attention. I noticed that i would spend a LOT of time on my phone when I shouldnt have. (Ive also had android phones from the original g1 to the note 2/nexus 4 so i also have a lot of android experience.

Blackberry the way its structured allows me to do a lot of communication efficiently. iOS and android IMHO are great for games/reading/small time texting but when it comes to a large influx of emails a day or texts I need something that can handle it and so far only Blackberry 10 has been able to do that!

Obviously a lot has to do with personal preference, but for someone who has used a wide variety of iOS and android devices, I just dont see them the way i need it to!

TL;DR- iphone notification is not up to my standards
    android was too distracting and I got less stuff done with it
    Blackberry meets my needs
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-08-13 06:00 PM
    I have to disagree and I have owned/used the iphone 5 and Note 2 for at least a month each.

The iPhone was awful at email. Exchange, gmail, yahoo, i have all 3 of those and it was a pain. Not only did battery life suffer significantly when using push (something i need as many emails are time sensitive) but considering ive had 5 generations of the iPhone, ios has become too bland and "boring to use". Also notifications suck on iOS! to respond to a text, email, and Facebook message i have to open 3 separate apps and then type my response and switch to the next app. Pointless.

Note 2- was literally a tablet and barely a phone. I got used to the size pretty quickly but that phone was wayyyy to distracting. Trust me when your in a lecture hall listening to someone talk about chemistry on a wedensday morning, it becomes very easy to whip the phone out and not pay attention. I noticed that i would spend a LOT of time on my phone when I shouldnt have. (Ive also had android phones from the original g1 to the note 2/nexus 4 so i also have a lot of android experience.

Blackberry the way its structured allows me to do a lot of communication efficiently. iOS and android IMHO are great for games/reading/small time texting but when it comes to a large influx of emails a day or texts I need something that can handle it and so far only Blackberry 10 has been able to do that!

Obviously a lot has to do with personal preference, but for someone who has used a wide variety of iOS and android devices, I just dont see them the way i need it to!

TL;DR- iphone notification is not up to my standards
    android was too distracting and I got less stuff done with it
    Blackberry meets my needs
    I fail to see how email on the Z10 is superior to iOS/android. I have exchange set up on my iPhone, and my battery lasts longer than my bold (from the reviews the battery in the z10 is pretty average/below average). I agree that the notification system on Bb pre z10 is superior to iOS, IMO it's the galaxy nexus >bold>iPhone. I don't have a problem with the way iOS handles Facebook,texts,tweets,emails.

As far as your android complaints, sounds like you have some type of attention disorder, can't blame that on the device.

03-08-13 08:25 PM
    that's fine for some, but most people want a smartphone that does everything and will interact with others not just Blackberry to Blackberry.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Agree...the Z is only the "first" iteration of a modern platform from BB...it's wonderful and does allot of things exceptionally well�in fact better than anyone else (e-mail, messanging, keyboard, security) � not quite there on the apps yet...give it a bit and they will come.
    FYI..there are work a rounds for the popular apps ...but most won�t bother, instead wanting native or at minimum a decent port...patients�in the mean time, come try it for week or two�you�ll be impressed.
    03-08-13 09:01 PM
    and .... nevermind
    03-08-13 09:01 PM
    I think people will be surprised how quickly that app gap disappears when Z10 launches in the US
    sonbuster and theRock1975 like this.
    03-08-13 09:28 PM
    I think people will be surprised how quickly that app gap disappears when Z10 launches in the US
    Honestly, I don't think the big name apps will be available at the US launch. Look how long it to Microsoft to get all the decent apps (mind you they have a ton of cash on board).

03-08-13 09:54 PM
    Honestly, I don't think the big name apps will be available at the US launch. Look how long it to Microsoft to get all the decent apps (mind you they have a ton of cash on board).

No...Of course they won’t all be there...come on, get serious...do you honestly think that is possible? Let's pretend Apple just got here and BB was the king of app's...let’s give them a month after launch and expect everything...and don't forget...if they don't have every app known to man we get to send all kinds of people into their forums and question why...and give their opinion as to why they fail, can't cut it or that without certain apps they will surly fail.

Personally I love my new Z...I came from IOS...much happier here, but thanks for all the hyperbole.
    sonbuster and theRock1975 like this.
    03-08-13 10:33 PM
    Now..to relax everyone and make this a happy place:

03-08-13 10:36 PM
    You can get things done on iPhones/androids. I'm not sure why people keep stating this. Heck iOS/android outperform Bb when it comes to certain productive tasks.

Not quite. If you were ever in a position of receiving 200-300 emails a day and had to respond to most of them immediately, you would understand. Write a script, attach it, send it to the team, follow up with BBM, verify someone read it with the "R".

Why is it when I send ONE email/txt to someone with an apple device, it takes 6 hours to get an answer? Always an excuse! My phone was off, my phone was charging.. I didn't check my email..

Imo, ios is a fabulous device for a teenager but it's far from a good communication device. I would even choose Android over IOS in a heartbeat.

Seriously imagine Thorsten launching BB10 all over the world, dealing with sales execs, marketing people, appointments, Canadian citizenship, senior accountants, assistants, bankers, and his wife and kids with an iphone!

Posted via CB10
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-09-13 03:01 PM

Oh man, really?? Whatsapp, Skype are confirmed this month. Many people saying instagram coming. Facebook, Twitter baked in. New York Times, tons of other newspaper apps, Zinio, plex on their way from playbook to BB10. Really that just leaves Netflix. If someone really wants to watch a full length old movie on a 4'' screen for 2hours, then go ahead and sideload.

You guys really have nothing else to pick at.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 03:13 PM
    Not quite. If you were ever in a position of receiving 200-300 emails a day and had to respond to most of them immediately, you would understand. Write a script, attach it, send it to the team, follow up with BBM, verify someone read it with the "R".

Why is it when I send ONE email/txt to someone with an apple device, it takes 6 hours to get an answer? Always an excuse! My phone was off, my phone was charging.. I didn't check my email..

Imo, ios is a fabulous device for a teenager but it's far from a good communication device. I would even choose Android over IOS in a heartbeat.

Seriously imagine Thorsten launching BB10 all over the world, dealing with sales execs, marketing people, appointments, Canadian citizenship, senior accountants, assistants, bankers, and his wife and kids with an iphone!

Posted via CB10
    Lol, ok dude you win. The iPhone is a toy, and it's impossible to communicate effectively/ be productive on it. Never mind the fact that I just used it last night to video chat with family in the West Indies, or how I use it along with my iPad to study for the series 63 exam. I understand that people may prefer BB over other devices, but to label other devices as toys is quite immature IMO. Especially when there's proof that these devices are be utilized ( in different sectors) in ways that bb's aren't.

03-09-13 05:17 PM
    The American introduction will be a huge test for Blackberry. Hope they have the bugs cleaned up with an updated OS and they have plenty on hand. US users will not be so kind as people in this forum if the Z10 is not ready for prime time like the Playbook was. Time will soon tell.
    Truth is this phone is already good enough for the mass market. It will never be able to please everyone! It only gets better from here, thats the kicker.
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-09-13 06:09 PM

I laugh every time i see someone post that because MS has cash this assures their success! Quite the marketing stratagy! Balmer is close to lossing his job and the board is close to stopping this foolishness of waisting cash going into markets that nobody wants them in. Give the cash to the shareholders! Where it belongs! WP is the untimate me too OS!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-10-13 at 06:26 PM.
    theRock1975 and sonbuster like this.
    03-09-13 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I'm sure Tim Cook is sweating bullets over managing Apple's mammoth supply chain on his iPhone which dwarfs anything Thorsten manages exponentially.
    03-10-13 01:30 PM
    so true tbh
    03-10-13 08:34 PM
41 12