Today was another one of those 'orchestrated days'

no positive news at all , and those that were deemed positive are quickly buried.
    some such examples are
    1. yahoo abandons app
    2. netflix no plans
    3.Sprint not selling Z10
    4.german gov't news about BB10 adoption is not a headliner
    5.Canaccord retracting estimates was a non-factor.

and there have been many days like this since the launch and "many" is an understatement. BlackBerry just can't catch a break.

As one can see, the US media is trying to seed the minds of would-be customers that BlackBerry is a failed business, that it is 'too little too late.' Even North Korea and Dennis Rodman are getting a positive light. Their possible motive is to protect their interests. However, once it is released in the US it will be 'too little, too late' for those that bet against BlackBerry.

BlackBerry knows they have an amazing product that can retain current BlackBerry loyalists and can also attract new users. As more and more people try the new platform, the more the truth will be revealed. Why is BlackBerry taking such a beating these days? Isn't it obvious? The folks orchestrating anti-blackberry propaganda know BlackBerry is the real deal. It's a great platform! One that has qualities that no other competitor provides - the hub, peak and flow, true multitasking, a super intelligent keyboard and the list goes on and on. Not only is BB10 future-proof, it is the future...here today. With the latest update, it takes the launch version to a whole new level. If you were the competitor, would you not feel threatened? and if so, what do when you feel that way? Most likely you would try to eliminate it. This is exactly what is happening to BlackBerry right now.

To fellow Americans, I'm sorry the BB10's were delayed. Putting carrier-related testing issues and other reasons aside, BlackBerry's survival depended on the patience of Americans. And your patience is greatly appreciated and soon you will wait no more. Be strong and don't submit to the media. Listen to the rest of the world as they have already proven BlackBerry is back! Not only do the sales numbers prove this, but the people have spoken. Wonderful stories have been and are continuing to be shared about BlackBerry. From the UK, Canada, UAE/Middle East, India, Europe, Africa, Asia and everywhere else around the world, BlackBerry has won their hearts. And soon, BlackBerry will again win your hearts America. Get ready for an experience of a lifetime.
    Last edited by sonbuster; 03-04-13 at 11:20 PM.
    03-04-13 10:59 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I loved all my Berries. I've said it before and I will say it again, if the big name apps are not there its going nowhere in the states. If Netflix, HBOgo Hulu, amazon, kindle, Flipboard, words with friends and other popular social apps and games are not there its done. People really don't give a crap about "getting things done". It's
    all about can I play a game with someone that has a iPhone or Android. And apps like Flipboard, Instagram, and a few financial apps is about all most people use. If I can read the news, send a pic, and play some games their happy. I don't see the app support, thats why I went to Windows Phone 8 instead. At least I have a Netflix app and everything I used on my iPhone lacking Flipboard.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    03-04-13 11:14 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I loved all my Berries. I've said it before and I will say it again, if the big name apps are not there its going nowhere in the states. If Netflix, HBOgo Hulu, amazon, kindle, Flipboard, words with friends and other popular social apps and games are not there its done. People really don't give a crap about "getting things done". It's
    all about can I play a game with someone that has a iPhone or Android. And apps like Flipboard, Instagram, and a few financial apps is about all most people use. If I can read the news, send a pic, and play some games their happy. I don't see the app support, thats why I went to Windows Phone 8 instead. At least I have a Netflix app and everything I used on my iPhone lacking Flipboard.
    Do you have Skype?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 11:19 PM
    Nowsaday, most of people have more than one device to full filled their lifestyle. If you think that blackberry z10 doesn't has enough apps then just get you another device likes ipad or tablet... you can play games as long as you want...
    jlarkins08, ESCON and sonbuster like this.
    03-04-13 11:23 PM
    Yes we have Skype.
    03-04-13 11:24 PM
    Nowsaday, most of people have more than one device to full filled their lifestyle. If you think that blackberry z10 doesn't has enough apps then just get you another device likes ipad or tablet... you can play games as long as you want...
    that's fine for some, but most people want a smartphone that does everything and will interact with others not just Blackberry to Blackberry.
    03-04-13 11:28 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority...I don't use any of those apps. I do have Netflix on my tv at home. I need my phone to keep my daily activities in order, my contacts, my communications, and to have access to the Web. I don't need to send pictures of everything I do or see, nor do I need to post what I'm doing every minute of the day.
    03-04-13 11:29 PM
    That's the thing, most people don't just use their device for a PDA and Communications device anymore. Its went way beyond that.
    03-04-13 11:40 PM
    Thats all the naysayers have left is that theres an app gap! the sky is falling. the greatest app of all is the UI! Once BB10 gets out of the gate in the US and the devs see the potential its a done deal, there apps will come!
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-05-13 12:02 AM
    Just like they didn't on the playbook?? I got tired of waiting after almost two years!! Good luck with that.
    03-05-13 12:05 AM
    BlackBerry is adding Apps at a rate of 1000 per day.....already at nearly 100k and growing each day. The ability to port Android Apps helps give BB10 a boost as far as Apps go and the native BB apps even better. All the big names will be there....they have ported versions of Instagram and NetFlix already. Spotify has committed. Z10 is simply the best phone on the market...period.
    morganplus8 and sonbuster like this.
    03-05-13 06:36 AM
    I don't buy the "Apps are most important" consumer decisionpoint either:

Watch Canacord: BBRY in [Market-Ticker]

From the article:

I repeat what I've said before about "smartphones" -- what matters to consumer is:

• Battery life. If it sucks nothing else matters. A dead phone is worth zero -- period.
    • Textual communication. This means things like email and text messages, and the on-screen (or physical) keyboard. If those suck forget the rest.
    • RF / voice performance. Since this is a mobile device if RF sucks nothing else matters as without signal you have a pretty brick in your hand and nothing more. This encompasses phone call quality but is not exclusive to it.
    • The browser. It is critically important that you be able to get to data you need on the Internet. This is one of the serious shortcomings in both Android and IOS; both have very real problems in this regard at present. While you can load workarounds (at least in Android) you shouldn't have to.
    • A handful of social media applications. Facebook and Twitter, to name two big ones. Most users find these to be important.
    • Internal media. Most users want competent music playing, for example.
    • Little else, despite the claims of "ecosystem" Wall Street pumpers. The average consumer may have dozens of applications on their smartphone but I bet they use less than a half-dozen beyond the two or three main social media sites. Seriously -- think about it yourself. Don't count how many apps you have, count which ones you actually use in a given day. I'll bet that once you remove Twitter and Facebook for 90%+ of consumers the count fits on one hand's fingers.

That's the reality folks. If you're more competent at those functions then you win in this space.
    03-05-13 09:19 AM
    wp8 Lol...Please stop you are killing me from laughing. I only knew ONE person who bought(free on contract) a WP8 from best buy which the salesperson said he was the ONLY peson to buy it. Long story short after reboots and countless problems including issues with Skype he gave it to his kid and got a Z10. WP8 is such a dud .
    03-05-13 09:21 AM
    I appreciate the enthusiasm Kurt, but the fact is that most of those apps are crapps that no one wants. Why people bother is beyond me but they do.

It also isn't about what is promised but what is there. Whatsapp, Skype, instagram, Netflix, Pandora are all missing. If you are going to buy a phone today, these are things you would consider mandatory. This will hurt uptake, no question.

I love this phone but I don't see it going mainstream until it has a competitive app selection that people expect.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 09:22 AM
    I appreciate the enthusiasm Kurt, but the fact is that most of those apps are crapps that no one wants. Why people bother is beyond me but they do.

It also isn't about what is promised but what is there. Whatsapp, Skype, instagram, Netflix, Pandora are all missing. If you are going to buy a phone today, these are things you would consider mandatory. This will hurt uptake, no question.

I love this phone but I don't see it going mainstream until it has a competitive app selection that people expect.

Posted via CB10
    The only 2 i might want is Skype (since msn messenger is gone) and instagram.
    Why would i want netflix,pandora,whatsapp?
    For next flix i'll download movies and put them on my memory card,pandora so i can listen to the radio while i'm driving and shut the car radio off waste battery life so when i need to make or receive a phone call the phone is dead,whatsapp there are a few other crossover chat apps.
    03-06-13 12:47 PM
    Everything we've seen makes BB10 look like a winner. Hard to say who exactly is trying to keep BB down (besides direct competitors of course, but you know it's more than that). I have a strong feeling that BB is on the rise though
    03-06-13 12:51 PM
    Everything we've seen makes BB10 look like a winner. Hard to say who exactly is trying to keep BB down (besides direct competitors of course, but you know it's more than that). I have a strong feeling that BB is on the rise though
    Its the analyst who are trying, so they can make money.
    03-06-13 12:52 PM
    The best thing Blackberry could do in this situtation is to put the phone in the users hands, once that happens its game over for the rest. This phone just out performs ........ Also we have games and apps I know I have over 30apps on my phone and have spent over 50$ on apps aswell.... I dunno we will see i guess
    BlackistheBerry and sonbuster like this.
    03-06-13 01:30 PM
    The American introduction will be a huge test for Blackberry. Hope they have the bugs cleaned up with an updated OS and they have plenty on hand. US users will not be so kind as people in this forum if the Z10 is not ready for prime time like the Playbook was. Time will soon tell.
    03-07-13 01:29 PM
    BB kind of shot themselves in the foot when they failed to tell us that the USA was on the introduction list when the Z10 was introduced on the other side of the pond. That left a bad taste with many!
    03-07-13 01:32 PM
    People, after such a great post all you can talk about is the app crap ?? apps will eventually be there, we have BlackBerry 10 !! this is the future, just hang on.

Great post !!
    sonbuster and zyben like this.
    03-07-13 01:40 PM
    In america, as sad as it is, people don't care about "getting things done" as much as anyone would like to think...

I'm a sophmore in college and everyone either has the ip5 or a galaxy phone....and they only use it to text their friends, tweet, facebook and play games...bbry needs to push to the market a device that can get things done AND can be the american toy a smartphone has sadly become!
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-07-13 02:14 PM
    As far as the OP title...My heart was won 6 months ago. BB is the only messaging platform that is worthy. I live in the US and this platform is the reason I get things done at my job and my life.
    03-08-13 03:49 PM
    My heart was already there. I am just waiting on them now. Please surprise release it over night lol. So i can wake up and go buy my Z10 already.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-08-13 04:01 PM
    In america, as sad as it is, people don't care about "getting things done" as much as anyone would like to think...

I'm a sophmore in college and everyone either has the ip5 or a galaxy phone....and they only use it to text their friends, tweet, facebook and play games...bbry needs to push to the market a device that can get things done AND can be the american toy a smartphone has sadly become!
    You can get things done on iPhones/androids. I'm not sure why people keep stating this. Heck iOS/android outperform Bb when it comes to certain productive tasks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    03-08-13 04:20 PM
41 12