I have just read Chen's wiki page, he can save Blackberry.

I will buy some shares.

It is a big day for Blackberry and Canada.
    11-04-13 09:09 PM

I will buy some shares.

The voice inside my head said "Danger Will Robinson" as soon as I had finished reading the OP.
    Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    11-04-13 09:20 PM
    We will see.
    The voice inside my head said "Danger Will Robinson" as soon as I had finished reading the OP.
    11-04-13 09:26 PM

I will buy some shares.

The darker the days, the higher the potential.

My last investment payed off substantially well by buying low and selling high.

Anything is possible. And it's up to everyone to make their own risk assessment

I'm putting my time and money on blackberry not going anywhere, but it is a risk too!

Posted via CB from my LE
    11-04-13 09:28 PM
    Well you're talking about purchasing stock based on what you read on Wiki about a temporary CEO. Seems awful risky to me. After all, Chen could be replaced in a matter of weeks. He is only filling in until a permanent CEO is found.
    11-04-13 09:29 PM
    You may want to do a research on Chen, and you may understand why I want to take the risk.

Well you're talking about purchasing stock based on what you read on Wiki about a temporary CEO. Seems awful risky to me. After all, Chen could be replaced in a matter of weeks. He is only filling in until a permanent CEO is found.
    11-04-13 09:34 PM
    You may want to do a research on Chen, and you may understand why I want to take the risk.
    Nothing about his past changes the fact that he could be replaced at anytime. They specifically called him the temporary CEO for a reason. The market doesn't seem all that impressed. BBRY is down 16% at the moment. But hey, it's your money. Good luck with your investment.
    11-04-13 09:40 PM
    It was down 16% because TH failed to find a buyer.

Not because Chen replaced TH.

Nothing about his past changes the fact that he could be replaced at anytime. They specifically called him the temporary CEO for a reason. The market doesn't seem all that impressed. BBRY is down 16% at the moment. But hey, it's your money. Good luck with your investment.
    11-04-13 09:42 PM
    I do not buy it. heard so many times. remember for everyone it happens once in a life time. He might have turned around sybase but not all companies are sybase and it took him years. BB does not have that much time. Microsoft, apple, and google will it live
    11-04-13 09:43 PM
    It was down 16% because TH failed to find a buyer.

Not because Chen replaced TH.
    And yet the news of Chen being appointed temporary CEO wasn't enough to counter the news.

For a moment, let's pretend that everything else was exactly the same except it was announced that Steve Jobs is BlackBerry's new CEO (we're pretending, so he is still alive). Don't you think that news would have been positive enough to counter the bad news? I do. Hell I'd buy BBRY if they had announced that today.
    11-04-13 09:46 PM
    I'm optimistic. It's better than spending hours of every day trying to eliminate optimism in strangers. I think BlackBerry will pull it out and be successful again.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:51 PM
    Why do people insist on elevating people to superhero status? TH, Kevin, Chen, etc. There's nothing wrong with rooting for your team but putting your hard-earned money behind it require a little more than unwarranted hero-worship.
    richardat, m1a1mg and milo53 like this.
    11-04-13 09:56 PM
    Since I can't stand iOS and Android, and I'm feh on Windows Phone, I certainly hope there is a BlackBerry future. Lets wait and see, but don't hold your breath
    11-04-13 09:56 PM
    Wow, the OP sure is optimistic, good luck! The only thing I'm going to do is try and get a Z30, as it's probably going to be a bit of a collectors item as the last phone made by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:10 PM
    why be pessimistic when being optimistic is much easier?

we all have choices. and some of us choose it well. the heaven if one choose one after another.
    it's their choice.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-04-13 10:19 PM
    Originally Posted by SigmaBei View Post

I will buy some shares.

He is hardly going to say anything else is he ?
    The facts are that Blackberry either survive or they do not and I can not do anything about it either way nor can most people.

It really confuses me the way people associate themselves with brands as if it is part of them it seems they use brands to fill some gap in their lives, brand loyalty is strange because it is not reciprocated by manufacturers .
    Probable people defend the brands they choose because they do not want to be seen that they are a person who makes bad choices.

I have a Blackberry because I like them and whereas the product is good the company recently has been rubbish , I seriously think the marketing directors could not have sold lifejackets on the Titanic if they went about it the way they have done with BB10 devices.

I hope BB does well but it may not it depends on the money men and equally as much on the media and I am sure the CEO is far more capable than me of sorting the company out.
    11-04-13 10:19 PM
    What seems to be missing is realistic.

You can never forget that this stock once traded near $140 per share. Now it's $6.50
    11-05-13 07:59 AM
    What seems to be missing is realistic.

You can never forget that this stock once traded near $140 per share. Now it's $6.50
    Seeing what a stock was, is never a good idea.

You need to look at it today. And make a determination.

On a long enough timeline stock could reach thousands and drop to 1.50. It does not define the investment, it just shows market changes. None of that matters much today. It's about the ROI

Posted via CB from my LE
    11-05-13 08:17 AM

we all have choices. and some of us choose it well. the heaven if one choose one after another.
    it's their choice.
    I like this way of thinking...SMILE
    11-05-13 08:21 AM
    I'm pretty confident that if BBRY is still around in basically it's current form two years from now it will have a market cap much higher than it is currently trading. Big if. But enough that I remain long.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:38 AM

On a long enough timeline stock could reach thousands and drop to 1.50. It does not define the investment, it just shows market changes. None of that matters much today. It's about the ROI

Posted via CB from my LE
    Doesn't change the fact that a realist needs to look at the long, dramatic fall of this stock before investing. It indicates a long term inability to manage the company.
    11-05-13 11:33 AM

Posted via CB from my LE
    Too many here have looked only at the stock and tried to use charts and standard analyzing tools to try and trade BBRY. They forget to look at the company, it's products and the markets it is competing in to understand how the company will perform.

BlackBerry is in trouble and I doubt Steve Jobs and $5 billion would not change that.... and they have as good of a chance to get one as the other.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 05:24 PM
    Too many here have looked only at the stock and tried to use charts and standard analyzing tools to try and trade BBRY. They forget to look at the company, it's products and the markets it is competing in to understand how the company will perform.

BlackBerry is in trouble and I doubt Steve Jobs and $5 billion would not change that.... and they have as good of a chance to get one as the other.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.

The things that matter. Money in the bank. Profitable contracts. Number of recent changes and depth. Products and product receivership. Marketing. Operating costs versus profit. Current leadership.

10 year old stock prices matter to no one in investing - stock analysts pretend it matters but common sense tells you otherwise. Of course the stock was different, so was the market. Investing is determined based on the chances of profitable success of a company based on today (not 10 years ago). Discussing the stock over the last 6 months --- much, much more relevant.

Posted via CB from my LE
    11-05-13 07:14 PM
    I think the best course of action for ME, is to WAIT and see before I invest in another BLACKBERRY device.....just sayin
    11-07-13 01:25 AM
    I think the best course of action for ME, is to WAIT and see before I invest in another BLACKBERRY device.....just sayin
    Probably the smartest thing you can do for YOU.

Definitely the worst thing you can do for BlackBerry. But just about every decision they have made over the last year has done almost nothing but destroy "consumer confidence" (and enterprise). Until BlackBerry can reassure everyone that they will be there in six month, 12 months, 24 months.... they are going to be avoided like a plague carrier. Because most consumers aren't buying a new device every three or four months, it is a two+ year investment that they want to know will be there and will be current and support.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-07-13 07:38 AM
31 12