Thought I'd share..
    -qwstill.jpg
    They said we were on our death bed in 2011. They said the fat lady was on stage clearing her throat in 2012. They said that by the end of 2013 we would be nothing more than a distant memory with only a hand full of patents for people to remember us by. Well….it’s 2014 and BlackBerry is still alive and kicking. Still around doing business, still the most secure operating system hands down and still helping millions of users worldwide get things done.
    BlackBerry….We’re Still Here!
    Last edited by BBGeek1; 02-08-14 at 09:44 AM.
    02-06-14 11:42 PM
    ......and here to stay...

Z30 on Verizon running 10.2. 1.1925
    zyben likes this.
    02-07-14 03:59 AM
    Blackberry really needs to acknowledge the core fans who have stayed with the brand throughout these truly ugly moments. I'm not sure why some folks dig their heels in further while the vast majority look for greener pastures. I suppose it's the old marketing goal of creating emotional attachments to your brand that causes this reaction.

Whatever the reasons, Blackberry owes a great deal those who have hung in (including this site) and let's all hope there still is company around to offers thanks !
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-07-14 10:45 AM
    I still use a blackberry because the Z30 is the best device in its class. By far

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 and sedalia066 like this.
    02-07-14 10:57 AM
    I still use a blackberry because the Z30 is the best device in its class. By far

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Any ATT phone can be mine but the Z30 rules all.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    02-07-14 11:03 AM
    Blackberry really needs to acknowledge the core fans who have stayed with the brand throughout these truly ugly moments. I'm not sure why some folks dig their heels in further while the vast majority look for greener pastures. I suppose it's the old marketing goal of creating emotional attachments to your brand that causes this reaction.

Whatever the reasons, Blackberry owes a great deal those who have hung in (including this site) and let's all hope there still is company around to offers thanks !
    No, I disagree. the CORE fans who have stayed through these ugly moments are the majority of hte 80'000'000 globally who have NOT upgraded to BB10 devices and thus have NOT contributed to the continuing success and survival of BlackBerry since 2013! That is a fact ... users who don't buy nor upgrade are actually contributing to the company's demise like the haters continually want and wrongfully predict. Some would argue 'hey buddy legacy BBOS devices are outselling BB10 devices' and their right on that note, however at what cost to BB?! These legacy BBOS devices have a significantly smaller margin and since 2011 BlackBerry and carriers are finding it harder to justify full retail pricing to appeal to users on a global scale, thus instead lead to significant subsidies!! Again this means lower revenue per device sold for BlackBerry.

No, I disagree.

BlackBerry should (and has with free apps/games etc on holidays) continually push their brand, products and services to business and to users that have continued to use, purchase, and talk the good on BlackBerry products and services! These - myself included - are the people that have helped BlackBerry since 2011, and have used BlackBerry in the past (myself since 2006).

BlackBerry should also be grateful - advertise those that have returned to BlackBerry - by your thought you're ignoring new sales, continuing development in the OS (BB10)/Products (hardware & Software: 9790, Z10, Q10, Z30, BES10)/Services (BES10, QNX Cloud, M2M/EMM services)! You need to think beyond your core die hard faithful because lately they are NOT helping BB ... only talk the talk, not walking the walk!

IN the past 6yrs this is what I've purchased from BlackBerry:
    Z10 x 6 - from launch day purchased one at full retail, was stolen, purchased another 2 at full retail from carrier (girlfriend back in May 2013), paid to SIM unlock, Another Z10 as mine dropped from my dress pants crossing the street and run over by a dump truck, again full retail (July 2013), ex girl now a friend had hers stolen (August 2013 bought on contract), new girlfriend short lasted (upgraded her to Z10 from 9700).

Prior:
    2011/2012 Bold 9700 upgraded to 9780, and then to 9790 all purchased at full retail. (I only used my upgrades on iOS or Nexus 4 devices in the past).

This is 9 devices, only 1 was an a hardware upgrade and subsidized on my carrier - all this done in the past 3yrs ... how many have YOU purchased?!! I've also gone back and forth to iOS and Android in-between the BBOS and BB10 devices for a VERY short time, and I've blogged about it to prove it! I've owned and currently do own 2 shares of stock - soon to increase.

So you as a diehard BlackBerry fan that supposedly has stuck with BlackBerry through thick and thin what EXACTLY have YOU purchased to help BlackBerry through these hard times?! I await your honest opinion to backup your statement of only those that have stuck through the thick and thin.
    02-13-14 01:13 PM
    SupaFly1 I would be broke after the 3rd device. Lol. You know what I've done? I showed anyone I could about how good this OS is. I've proven to doubters the merits of owning a BlackBerry in 2014. In the 3 days I've owned a Z10 I've amazed people with just the keyboard alone. Something I could never do with my Q10. People just saw it as an old guy phone. I shouldn't have to, but the amount of misinformation and the lack of marketing has made it necessary to defend my choice of phone. I do it willingly and happily. If I could buy a whole bunch of these phones I would. I would give them to everyone I know. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 01:40 PM
    It continues to amaze me how bad the BlackBerry brand image has declined. At this point I honestly think if they come out with a new consumer product they should re brand it so the stupid consumer isn't instantly turned away at the name. Keep BlackBerry for the prosumers that know what they are buying and the corporate/government clients.

Generally I find people get enjoyment out of making fun of my choice of BlackBerry and will outright ignore my attempts to explain the benefits and unique features.

BlackBerry your a looser getting bullied by society. How do you get out of that.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 07:01 PM