What are investors seeing that consumers are not?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 12:14 PM
    I dunno but that is good news for many many people here who own stock!
    06-23-14 12:16 PM
    Investors are betting on future events, consumers live in the present. Let's hope the investors are right

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    06-23-14 12:20 PM
    What are investors seeing that consumers are not?

Posted via CB10
    You can dislike the phones but still see an investment opportunity.
    ccbs and MobileMadness002 like this.
    06-23-14 12:26 PM
    Well Citron Research (infamous shorter) not too long ago stated that the stock wasn't worth 15 dollars. Now they are singing a new tune of $20 dollars, what a difference a few months make. I predict around 34/35 per unit.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 12:29 PM
    I would argue that the majority of consumers live in the past.
    I would say currently the business model is working, which isn't only phones. The company is on a path to profit. That's the future the market is now starting to believe. When they deliver on profit, and subsequently deliver on project ion, the stock could take off.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 12:30 PM
    Well Citron Research (infamous shorter) not too long ago stated that the stock wasn't worth 15 dollars. Now they are singing a new tune of $20 dollars, what a difference a few months make. I predict around 34/35 per unit.

Posted via CB10
    I have problem seeing a valuation that high. Can you share your model and where the other revenue/profit comes from to reach the 30s per share price?
    Even in a full buy out, I don't see prices over $20 per share being offered.
    06-23-14 05:07 PM
    I have problem seeing a valuation that high. Can you share your model and where the other revenue/profit comes from to reach the 30s per share price?
    Even in a full buy out, I don't see prices over $20 per share being offered.
    Through the BBM money, Monetization of the BES10 /12 cross platform. The upswing on sales of hardware,lower operational costs, BBM channels, Monetization of QNX based applications across the board including automotive. NFC payments using Secure Element Manager SEM. Based on the increased customer usage based on Raw BlackBerry Messenger ( currently at 160 M registered with actual daily usage of 85M) In light of the sale of What's App obtained by Face Book , BlackBerry Messenger alone is worth it's salt and proves the company is severely undervalued. With the introduction of the Passport and subsequent commentary along with BlackBerry's partnership with Nanthealth and Nantworks guaranteed there will be some deeper integration with BlackBerry in the health care industry that's worth Billions. (project IoN)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 06-24-14 at 09:21 AM.
    theRock1975 and anon(4185604) like this.
    06-23-14 05:42 PM
    Through the BBM money, Monetization of the BES10 /12 cross platform. The upswing on sales of hardware,lower operational costs, BBM channels, Monetization of QNX based applications across the board including automotive. NFC payments using Secure Element Manager SEM. Based on the increased customer usage based on Raw BlackBerry Messenger ( currently at 160 M registered with actual daily usage of 85M) In light of the sale of What's App obtained by Face Book , BlackBerry Messenger alone is worth it's salt and proves the company is severely undervalued. With the introduction of the Passport and subsequent commentary along with BlackBerry's partnership with Nanthealth and Nantworks guaranteed there will be some deeper integration with BlackBerry in the health care industry that's worth Billions. (project IoN)

Posted via CB10
    Smoke and Mirrors for the most part. Many are great ideas and even great products (BES,BBM).... but the markets are full of great products that failed or great ideas that someone else took and made better. There is a lot of talk here the BlackBerry has a "chicken or the egg" problem.... well where I come from, there is a saying "don't count your chickens until they hatch".

VERY Smart people are looking at BlackBerry and their "products", patents and other assets. If those people really saw BlackBerry being worth much more than it is currently, then they would buy BlackBerry right now for $8 a share (yes I know it is trading for more than that today... two months from now, most likely not ). Nothing wrong with being positive and hoping that BBRY can gain some traction and hits $20, $30, $40+ over the coming years - it is VERY possible.
    06-24-14 09:38 AM
    Smoke and Mirrors for the most part. Many are great ideas and even great products (BES,BBM).... but the markets are full of great products that failed or great ideas that someone else took and made better. There is a lot of talk here the BlackBerry has a "chicken or the egg" problem.... well where I come from, there is a saying "don't count your chickens until they hatch".

VERY Smart people are looking at BlackBerry and their "products", patents and other assets. If those people really saw BlackBerry being worth much more than it is currently, then they would buy BlackBerry right now for $8 a share (yes I know it is trading for more than that today... two months from now, most likely not ). Nothing wrong with being positive and hoping that BBRY can gain some traction and hits $20, $30, $40+ over the coming years - it is VERY possible.
    Goody for the Very smart people. Just remember, I told you so! If you refer to the idiots who caused the '08 fiasco Goodluck with that!
    Isn't it All smoke and mirrors? Tell me what. Tangible assets have What's App? Facebook? Twitter?? It's all smoke and mirrors, in this day and age they are peddling Stock with nothing tangible behind it just advertising space. So in light of that, I will stick with my estimate

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 06-24-14 at 10:22 AM.
    06-24-14 10:03 AM
    Goody for the Very smart people. Just remember, I told you so! If you refer to the idiots who caused the '08 fiasco Goodluck with that!
    Isn't it All smoke and mirrors? Tell me what. Tangible assets have What's App? Facebook? Twitter?? It's all smoke and mirrors, in this day and age they are peddling Stock with nothing tangible behind it just advertising space. So in light of that, I will stick with my estimate

Posted via CB10
    I'm not talking about analyst or stockbrokers. I'm talking about Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon and other tech companies who should be very interested in BlackBerry's patents (if the price is right) and who could also benefit from some of the other divisions and abilities of BlackBerry. If they don't see BlackBerry being worth double what they are today in 12 or 24 months time....

And What's App, Facebook and Twitter have tangible assets... platforms that are growing and have users - and are growing in markets where it is important to advertisers.

If BlackBerry had anything hard and concrete, if their reversal of their slide to oblivion was guaranteed.... the price of the stock would rise! It's not that others don't see what you see, it that you see more than what is really there at the moment. There is a fine line between a genius and a fool, and only time will tell the tale.
    06-25-14 11:27 AM

The problem with very smart people is they are sometimes too smart for their own good. They are very likely to regret not buying out BlackBerry when they had the chance.

The problem with BlackBerry was never good or innovative ideas or products. They can tango with the best in that department.

Their problem was executing on those innovation and ideas. This is now starting to change with JC at the helm. And remember law of inertia applies every where and every time. So it takes finite time to turn the ship around. And based on his actual performance to date I like what I see.

Stock market is a forward looking beast. And it too is made of of very smart people and they are seeing what we are seeing too.

And JC made the comment that if some one offered him $100 he might call him back. That tells you that the ship has sailed for companies to buy BlackBerry out at 20.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    06-25-14 11:35 AM
    BlackBerry stock is in 50% retracement direction right now from the low on the day before earning to the high after earning. As long as it doesn't close below 9.70, it will goes higher. Investor invest for the future. If you wait until BlackBerry shows profit, you are pretty much late for the stock price appreciation.
    06-25-14 11:42 AM
    I'm not talking about analyst or stockbrokers. I'm talking about Google, Microsoft, Apple, Amazon and other tech companies who should be very interested in BlackBerry's patents (if the price is right) and who could also benefit from some of the other divisions and abilities of BlackBerry. If they don't see BlackBerry being worth double what they are today in 12 or 24 months time....

And What's App, Facebook and Twitter have tangible assets... platforms that are growing and have users - and are growing in markets where it is important to advertisers.

If BlackBerry had anything hard and concrete, if their reversal of their slide to oblivion was guaranteed.... the price of the stock would rise! It's not that others don't see what you see, it that you see more than what is really there at the moment. There is a fine line between a genius and a fool, and only time will tell the tale.
    Apparently you don't see value in what they have ,in time you will. BlackBerry isn't Nortel whose unraveling came about in Huge part due to hacking of its systems. I don't care what Google, Microsoft or Apple are doing, the security concerns of many Corporate Clients will once again rear it's head, the recent Aviva issue with iPhones for example. They ALL will come running back with Chen at the helm the hardware is getting better. He also isn't focused on hardware alone to right the ship which is a very wise decision, Let's see where things go in the next 11 months. I maintain my LONG Target price.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 12:17 PM
    If BlackBerry shows sold more BB10 phone next quarter, I'm sure the stock price will be double. This is "IF". So, watch their numbers carefully next quarter! I think they are going to sale more with Z3 since it is available for more country. The only disappoint me is that the price in India is kind too high. It would be perfect if they sell for 200 or less.
    06-25-14 01:56 PM
    If BlackBerry shows sold more BB10 phone next quarter, I'm sure the stock price will be double. This is "IF". So, watch their numbers carefully next quarter! I think they are going to sale more with Z3 since it is available for more country. The only disappoint me is that the price in India is kind too high. It would be perfect if they sell for 200 or less.
    Give it a few months the price will come down there, it is an introductory pricing as with ALL technology the initial list price or MRSP. Is always higher.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 02:07 PM
    I heard from friends chatter that the Z3 build plan call for 1 million per quarter. That pretty much means the sale will not exceed the minuscule 1 million units and given the low margin BBRY earned per handset, this is not going to help them out much. To double the share price, they will need to get the Passport and Classic out and sell at least one million unit of both of the handsets.
    06-25-14 04:00 PM
    I know a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who thinks BlackBerry is going to sell a whole bunch. Warren Buffet is a smart man who has made whole lot of money buying shares of companies that nobody else wanted. What is that saying, be greedy when everyone else is afraid, and be afraid when everyone else is being greedy.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 11:23 PM
    I heard from friends chatter that the Z3 build plan call for 1 million per quarter. That pretty much means the sale will not exceed the minuscule 1 million units and given the low margin BBRY earned per handset, this is not going to help them out much. To double the share price, they will need to get the Passport and Classic out and sell at least one million unit of both of the handsets.
    To sell four million Z3 is aggressive, based on how sales of BB10 devices have been going. But then again it should be attainable as that isn't a drop in the bucket when you look at worldwide sales are over a billion devices a year.

I can see BlackBerry doubling quickly.. but it will require true growth and and positive revenues.
    06-26-14 09:58 AM
    To sell four million Z3 is aggressive, based on how sales of BB10 devices have been going. But then again it should be attainable as that isn't a drop in the bucket when you look at worldwide sales are over a billion devices a year.

I can see BlackBerry doubling quickly.. but it will require true growth and and positive revenues.
    Well, it might be for the last and the coming quarter. Just a short chat in dinner with a friend who is a PM at foxconn and was talking about BOM/material planning.
    06-26-14 02:11 PM
    I know a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy who thinks BlackBerry is going to sell a whole bunch. Warren Buffet is a smart man who has made whole lot of money buying shares of companies that nobody else wanted. What is that saying, be greedy when everyone else is afraid, and be afraid when everyone else is being greedy.

Posted via CB10
    Warren doesn't do Tech darling, he says it's too volatile .

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and ibpluto like this.
    06-26-14 02:17 PM
    I think he says he doesn't understand it.

Quite sure he wouldn't buy bbry though.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    ibpluto and sentimentGX4 like this.
    06-26-14 04:06 PM

This too! He won't do Tech in General period!

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    06-26-14 04:48 PM

You Gents are both right, he fully admits to not understanding it and feels all tech is volatile. For this reason you won't see him invested in AAPL either.

He's and old school investor and believes in manufacturing investments.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    dusdal likes this.
    06-26-14 05:44 PM
    Well surely more than manufacturing.

Built on an insurance base and since adding AMEX, furniture retailer, Newspapers (though he might take that on back haha) Railroads,

06-26-14 05:47 PM
30 12